Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

That’s because lots of Texas fans are morons. This is a good hire

That's because lots of Texas fans put all their eggs in the basket of only hiring Urban Meyer, which wasn't a reality. Urban passed so now it's on to plan B. Doing nothing wasn't an option. Now it's time for the next 50/50 proposition. This is what we signed up for in 2013 when we fired Mack. I'm honestly a lot more optimistic about this than Herman. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nobody has addressed one very salient point on Sark: Does he have a hot wife?

Sark watches his wife fuck other dudes? That kind of experience in humiliation might serve him well when he gets bought out in 3-4 years

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 9

Yeah, I guess Meyer was coming here just like Saban was coming here.  Fucking idiots.  It's embarrassing how hard we fall for these fucking moronic rumors that these top-tiered coaches were coming here.  Meyer was at least in talks with Texas.  But it was all very preliminary.  Saban's wife never flew here, never looked for a house, Meyer never went beyond a few phone calls, Kelly was not a possibility.  How the fuck does this shit catch on?  We sound like fucking Aggy in here sometimes.  Go back and read the threads about the Herman hire, some of y'all sounded like you were in line to suck his taint.  We get what we deserve apparently.  

14 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Announcing that Texas made yet another horrible hire on same day as aggy game is net win for aggy.  This isn't just a failure.  It's a miserable failure.  The guy is 46-35 all time.  Never was competitive for a conference title.  2-2 in bowls.  The guy we're sending away with $15 million payday has a better resume.  Aggy is nothing but giddy with this news.

That might be true. Have to see his staff.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I guess Meyer was coming here just like Saban was coming here.  Fucking idiots.  It's embarrassing how hard we fall for these fucking moronic rumors that these top-tiered coaches were coming here.  Meyer was at least in talks with Texas.  But it was all very preliminary.  Saban's wife never flew here, never looked for a house, Meyer never went beyond a few phone calls, Kelly was not a possibility.  How the fuck does this shit catch on?  We sound like fucking Aggy in here sometimes.  Go back and read the threads about the Herman hire, some of y'all sounded like you were in line to suck his taint.  We get what we deserve apparently.  

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We’ve gone from the “learn on the job” program to the “second chance” program.

I I’m very thankful Herman is gone, but what the fuck are we thinking with Sark? He couldn’t handle USC. What made our boosters think he can handle Texas?

What all the whiners here are not accounting for is the fact that CDC is a goddamn professional.  There is no way he makes this hire with getting comfortable with where Sark is in his recovery.

I will believe in Del Conte until he gives me reason not to.  So far, he hasn't come close to that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This hire has and does intrigue me. Yo need a dominating offense to win In CFB now, he brings a ton of the tools needed to make that a reality. Some may question him vs Herman, my answer to that is, Has or does the NFL have any interest in Tom Herman and the answer is obviously no. Short term this is without question better than keeping Herman. Long Term depends on staff, alcohol and continued recruiting success.

Edited by Longhornlove
spelling

Sark sounds cool. Rolls off the tongue.

But Herrrrmannn? Tooommmm? Tommy? Pussy names. What was his nickname? Mensa. Fuck all that. It's all history. 

We're moving into the Sark Ages. We will ax our opponents. We'll bash their skulls in with blunt instruments. We're gonna Sark them. We're gonna have a real offense that spreads the ball around, built around the best players in the state. We're gonna run over the weaker opponents. We're gonna out recruit OU & AtM. And we might just bash their skulls in too. We're not going to lose to any ISUs anytime soon. 

It's gonna be awesome.

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I I’m very thankful Herman is gone, but what the fuck are we thinking with Sark? He couldn’t handle USC. What made our boosters think he can handle Texas?

I get it, but like all our coaches I am on board until they convince me to not be.

Good luck Coach, beat OU and win the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I don't what to feel other than I am glad Herman is gone.  I'd take a small chance that Sark is the answer versus being quite sure Herman can't get it done here.  But, it's not enough of a hire to engage my pocketbook again.  Definitely a wait and see for at least a year or two.

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did we fall for it? I could never figure out if it was a joke or not.

Yeah, Strong was a decent guy with a sense of ethics.  He was also a shitty football coach, but was a solid man.  Herman is a con-man with a serious drug problem who fucks around on his wife and robs schools of millions of dollars.  There's a difference.  Both sucked at big-time football coaching, but I'd let one around my family.  Herman is a drug-addicted, womanizing cunt who steals money for a living.  
Strong cheated on his wife and lied about Wickline's role to try to scam Ok State out his buyout.

30 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

They have no where better to go after burning the Herman bridge by leaking they're trying to replace him while he's still got the job and a game to coach left. This was a desperation hire and reeks of it. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’m willing to hope that all the lumps Sark has taken have served as lessons and that he’s matured and grown to understand what it takes to succeed at the highest levels. By most accounts he is a brilliant coach who has had personal demons. If he has greatness in him (which by most accounts he does) I’d love for us and this job to be the situation that allows him to live up to that potential.

Honestly (I’m sure I’ll get negged like crazy for this), Herman might have some greatness in him too, but he hasn’t grown or humbled himself to anything in his entire career. Maybe failing at your self-proclaimed dream job is enough to actually learn something and grow. If not then he doesn’t deserve anything better than the failure he had here.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, demos said:

What a twat

Imagine going through life completely oblivious to the fact that you’re such an insufferable, condescending and smug prick.  How does this guy stay employed?   Does anyone, other than his own self, actually like him? 

15 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark sounds cool. Rolls off the tongue.

But Herrrrmannn? Tooommmm? Tommy? Pussy names. What was his nickname? Mensa. Fuck all that. It's all history. 

We're moving into the Sark Ages. We will ax our opponents. We'll bash their skulls in with blunt instruments. We're gonna Sark them. We're gonna have a real offense that spreads the ball around, built around the best players in the state. We're gonna run over the weaker opponents. We're gonna out recruit OU & AtM. And we might just bash their skulls in too. We're not going to lose to any ISUs anytime soon. 

It's gonna be awesome.

If this is some sort of troll post then it’s the best one I’ve ever read. I feel all that shit shit you typed but I think you did it sarcastically...like a small penis having leprechaun fuck face who is on a Texas board during a dark time. If I’m wrong then my bad for the rage haha. 

3 minutes ago, Nuthn2CHere said:

I’m willing to hope that all the lumps Sark has taken have served as lessons and that he’s matured and grown to understand what it takes to succeed at the highest levels. By most accounts he is a brilliant coach who has had personal demons. If he has greatness in him (which by most accounts he does) I’d love for us and this job to be the situation that allows him to live up to that potential.

Your description of Sark kind of reminds me of Saban. I think he had some demons as well. He sure looks like an ex-drunk.

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, Strong was a decent guy with a sense of ethics.  He was also a shitty football coach, but was a solid man.  Herman is a con-man with a serious drug problem who fucks around on his wife and robs schools of millions of dollars.  There's a difference.  Both sucked at big-time football coaching, but I'd let one around my family.  Herman is a drug-addicted, womanizing cunt who steals money for a living.  

Would you let Strong around your wife, tho? That's the real question...

8 minutes ago, Nuthn2CHere said:

Honestly (I’m sure I’ll get negged like crazy for this), Herman might have some greatness in him too, but he hasn’t grown or humbled himself to anything in his entire career. Maybe failing at your self-proclaimed dream job is enough to actually learn something and grow. If not then he doesn’t deserve anything better than the failure he had here.

irony GIF

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If this is some sort of troll post then it’s the best one I’ve ever read. I feel all that shit shit you typed but I think you did it sarcastically...like a small penis having leprechaun fuck face who is on a Texas board during a dark time. If I’m wrong then my bad for the rage haha. 

I'm not trolling. Look two years down the road when the best of the best from Texas are pounding their opponents with an amazing offense and devastating defense, that's what they'll be saying about this team. "Dominating." "Are Sarkisian's Longhorns the next dynasty?" "Is Sark the next Saban?" When we go to Dallas, it will be "Bulls in a China Shop." We got Austin, one of the coolest cities in the Country. It's all gonna happen. We've learned. CDC has learned. Sark has learned. He is ready. What kid wants a mensa coach when you can have one who fought his way to the top?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

They have no where better to go after burning the Herman bridge by leaking they're trying to replace him while he's still got the job and a game to coach left. This was a desperation hire and reeks of it. 

Well hopefully the millions of dollars we paid him make up for it.

He wouldn't have much room to talk after taking this job before the season was over at Houston anyway.

I don't get your point here. This is all perfectly standard in every coaches career, in no way did we treat him badly. He was well compensated and will have a new job soon.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

This is interesting.

If I am remembering right didn't Saban tell Freshwater to go on to Ole Piss when he got the job,  we got this. 

Now he's keeping SK. 

I need help here,  did SK take over as interim OC and 'bama lose the next game?

Edited by Laga4