Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Yeah losing your QB, RT, LT, RG for a few games, center for a few games, starting TE, and being saddled with a lazy ass overpaid running back living off 2016 has a tendency to make the offense bad. Then throw in their defense is among the worst in the game. 

Moore has worked miracles to get them to as good as they have been. 

Again I said I’m not commenting on this year for those very reasons. But this is a weird year with new coaching staff so it’s hard to get a good read. I didn’t like him in 2019 and I’ll stick to that

Listened to the Longhorn Confidential podcast.  The AAS writers were shocked (shocked!) at the lack of transparency from UT and CDC in this process.  Said it was "dirty," "deceitful," and "unbecoming of Texas."  Reading between the lines it sounds like they were pissed they were kept out of the loop and didn't see this coming when it happened.    

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Listened to the Longhorn Confidential podcast.  The AAS writers were shocked (shocked!) at the lack of transparency from UT and CDC in this process.  Said it was "dirty," "deceitful," and "unbecoming of Texas."  Reading between the lines it sounds like they were pissed they were kept out of the loop and didn't see this coming when it happened.    

Ahaha what a bunch of losers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Fuck those butt hurt losers. 

50 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

So you’re saying we did right! 

58 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Fuck these fucking hacks that cover Texas.  They are extremely bitter that they were left out of the inner working of this hire.  I've never listened to this podcast before, but I wanted to hear these fucksticks cry about the process.   One of them just said Tom was fired because the admin didn't like Tom.  They also called this a lateral hire.  These guys sound like Herman's best friends, saying it was conduct unbecoming of Texas of how they fired him.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Fuck these fucking hacks that cover Texas.  They are extremely bitter that they were left out of the inner working of this hire.  I've never listened to this podcast before, but I wanted to hear these fucksticks cry about the process.   One of them just said Tom was fired because the admin didn't like Tom.  They also called this a lateral hire.  These guys sound like Herman's best friends, saying it was conduct unbecoming of Texas of how they fired him.

Are mafia hits still illegal on sportswriters? 

20 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

No wonder our anxiety and alcoholism have increased as Texas fans since Mensa has been our coach.

Fuckface Galindo and Michael Griffin discussed this on the show this afternoon and both had a pretty good laugh about it.

His tendency to keep games close was maddening.  Here's to Sark and his attacking offense and feeding our great players all the time.

12 hours ago, tx ind said:

When do we get the actual details on Turtle and the morales clause? Everyone says he drinks too much, cheats on his wife, etc, but is that all speculation or are there some actual stories?

Morales of the Saviors? He's an asshole. 

Or perhaps the thrash metal group, Turtle & the Morales Clause?

10 hours ago, Pablo said:

If we stop paying attention to them they’ll disappear 

14 hours ago, naija said:

Could easily see Herman succeed at the big level in the next 5-8 years.

Sarkisian is basically Herman rehabbed and older, wiser, more mature.  He’s also a much better play caller and offensive mind.  He also has a much better network of colleagues that will work for him.

Everyone obviously wanted Meyer and that didn’t work out.  After that, our options were Franklin, Campbell, Kelley, Cristobal, Malzhan, Fickell, Fleck.  I’ll take Sark over any of those guys.  He’s the best recruiter of that bunch outside of Cristobal.  He’s also the best offensive mind and play caller of that group.  He simply needs to hire a stud staff.  He’s also the only one in the group that has both NFL and college experience and multiple big time programs. 

One last thing, Bama, Auburn, Colorado and and a list of other schools wanted him badly.  Bama administration and fans wanted him to be the heir to Saban.  He’s the real deal.  I’m also excited because it seems like a big contingency of hiring him was the importance of the staff he’s planning on assembling.  Get ready to get the Leals, the Marvin Wilsons, the Jaylen Waddles, the Kelee Ringos.  If the names we’re hearing are true, they know how to win bidding wars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think after we finally fired Greg Davis (or whatever bullshit Emeritus status Mack Brown pretended he gave him despite it really being a forced termination)...I admit I just quit caring about coordinators.  Mainly because it's been a game of musical chairs at Texas when it comes to coordinators.  Everybody is a "Co-Offensive Coordinator/Head-Coach-in-Waiting Administrator/Acting Assistant Deputy Underdirector for Football Operations" for 1 or 2 seasons for the last 15 years.  But the staff is so critical to success and I am optimistic that Sarkisian can execute on that aspect of it.  It's so much more critical than I previously appreciated, so here's to that!  

I am just so glad Tom Herman is gone.  He was such a fucking cancer to our school.  He is a horrible fucking human being.  Hopefully the shit he pulled here stays a secret.  Fuck you, Tom.  You're a fucking prick and you fucking know it.  

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Sarkisian is basically Herman rehabbed and older, wiser, more mature.  He’s also a much better play caller and offensive mind.  He also has a much better network of colleagues that will work for him.

Everyone obviously wanted Meyer and that didn’t work out.  After that, our options were Franklin, Campbell, Kelley, Cristobal, Malzhan, Fickell, Fleck.  I’ll take Sark over any of those guys.  He’s the best recruiter of that bunch outside of Cristobal.  He’s also the best offensive mind and play caller of that group.  He simply needs to hire a stud staff.  He’s also the only one in the group that has both NFL and college experience and multiple big time programs. 

One last thing, Bama, Auburn, Colorado and and a list of other schools wanted him badly.  Bama administration and fans wanted him to be the heir to Saban.  He’s the real deal.  I’m also excited because it seems like a big contingency of hiring him was the importance of the staff he’s planning on assembling.  Get ready to get the Leals, the Marvin Wilsons, the Jaylen Waddles, the Kelee Ringos.  If the names we’re hearing are true, they know how to win bidding wars.

He took a 3 star clip holder QB in Mac Jones who never saw a meaningful snap behind Hurts/Tua and turned him into a Heisman finalist as a starter in year one. That speaks volumes about his ability to develop players and run an effective offensive scheme  to match his player's strengths.

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I think after we finally fired Greg Davis (or whatever bullshit Emeritus status Mack Brown pretended he gave him despite it really being a forced termination)...I admit I just quit caring about coordinators.  Mainly because it's been a game of musical chairs at Texas when it comes to coordinators.  Everybody is a "Co-Offensive Coordinator/Head-Coach-in-Waiting Administrator/Acting Assistant Deputy Underdirector for Football Operations" for 1 or 2 seasons for the last 15 years.  But the staff is so critical to success and I am optimistic that Sarkisian can execute on that aspect of it.  It's so much more critical than I previously appreciated, so here's to that!  

I am just so glad Tom Herman is gone.  He was such a fucking cancer to our school.  He is a horrible fucking human being.  Hopefully the shit he pulled here stays a secret.  Fuck you, Tom.  You're a fucking prick and you fucking know it.  

He’s gone. Put him on blasting spill it! 

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Spill it pussy

14 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Okay, talk to the BMDs and various insiders on this here board on their opinion on CDC. He literally put himself in a position to be tethered to a reclamation project that has flamed out at a very comparable school, and was a disaster in the NFL. I don’t put a lot of stock into his Falcons gig because what he is competent at isn’t necessarily translatable to the NFL. I question why he went there in the first place. I question how successful he’ll be outside the whip that Saban brandishes. I think he can be a good to great head coach someday. I just question why CDC would combine alienating BMDs with hitching his wagon to this guy. He just made himself a target if Sark doesn’t work out. 

I don’t like that we let the situation with Herman fester all year. If you’re going to drag out shit with your team, fans and BMDs, you don’t lift the veil and show Sark. This entire situation would have been handled with more decisiveness had we axed him after OU or ISU. You’re not not getting Sark by doing that. Instead he had that clownish press release about Herman when CDC knew he was gone at that point, and it didn’t help shore up NSD 1 and in fact I think the indecisiveness or stubborn refusal to deviate from waiting until the end of the season irreparably hurt recruiting for this transition year. 

In short, again, CDC is a fucking idiot until proven otherwise. He could have a lot of foresight into Sark and really believe in him. But, there will be a significant amount of luck involved in CDC’s long term future here, and that’s not what you want to see out of a rainmaker AD. At the time of Sark’s hire, this is a bad hire, particularly with the way the last two months have played out. 

Do you read what you post?

Also, I'd love to hear your theory on how a mid-season firing helps us hire a new coach better than Sarkisian.

Edited by TwiceHorn

58 minutes ago, Chad said:

He took a 3 star clip holder QB in Mac Jones who never saw a meaningful snap behind Hurts/Tua and turned him into a Heisman finalist as a starter in year one. That speaks volumes about his ability to develop players and run an effective offensive scheme  to match his player's strengths.

To be fair, Garret Gilbert probably would have been a Heisman finalist if he had the Alabama’s line, backs and receivers. I think Jones is more a product of the system and talent around him than he is a stud QB. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

This is a cute story by a annoyed reporter from San Francisco.

https://defector.com/texas-has-discovered-a-new-level-of-f-u-money/

Why everyone thinks it's going to settle at $25M is really beyond me. Herman will get a new job and his new salary will offset the buyout. I'm not sure if assistants have offset language in their contracts but I'm guessing they do. Especially since we JUST hired a new OC and DC.

Even if that figure is accurate, who gives a fuck? It isn't that fuckos money, it isn't the university's money, it isn't the state of Texas' money. Rich white guys are going to spend their millions of dollars however they want. Always have, always will.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Did you read my post?  I said a midseason firing doesn’t deter us from getting Sark (or a guy like him).

There is literally no reason not to let him go after ISU. None. We are the only school that gets cute with this shit and makes things more dramatic than they need to be - and in doing so we leave a drunkard morally bankrupt dude leading our boys for another month. 

I don’t necessarily think it would’ve led to someone better than Sark. But it couldn’t hurt. 

I understand your position but if they didn’t fire Charlie strong after losing to Kansas for the first time since World War II (1938 I checked)...did you really have any hope they would fire herman mid-season? 117 years of proof man, no need to allow it to make you angry anymore lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

To be fair, Garret Gilbert probably would have been a Heisman finalist if he had the Alabama’s line, backs and receivers. I think Jones is more a product of the system and talent around him than he is a stud QB. 

He's another A.J. McCarron

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Did you read my post?  I said a midseason firing doesn’t deter us from getting Sark (or a guy like him).

There is literally no reason not to let him go after ISU. None. We are the only school that gets cute with this shit and makes things more dramatic than they need to be - and in doing so we leave a drunkard morally bankrupt dude leading our boys for another month. 

I don’t necessarily think it would’ve led to someone better than Sark. But it couldn’t hurt. 

With a mid-season firing, you just exchange one form of drama for another.  Also, I'd submit that the mid-season firing creates a more public drama than the "inevitable end-of-season" firing.  And with the publicity comes ridicule, see Auburn.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why everyone thinks it's going to settle at $25M is really beyond me. Herman will get a new job and his new salary will offset the buyout. I'm not sure if assistants have offset language in their contracts but I'm guessing they do. 

If I'm Herman, I'm taking the buyout, retiring, and going fishing.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, MoJames said:

This is a cute story by a annoyed reporter from San Francisco.

https://defector.com/texas-has-discovered-a-new-level-of-f-u-money/

The ex-Deadspin guys hate college football as an institution. A lot of them are talented writers, but they're completely unreadable on the topic.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

No wonder our anxiety and alcoholism have increased as Texas fans since Mensa has been our coach.
Fuckface Galindo and Michael Griffin discussed this on the show this afternoon and both had a pretty good laugh about it.
His tendency to keep games close was maddening.  Here's to Sark and his attacking offense and feeding our great players all the time.

Remnants from the Mack Brown/Greg Davis coaching tree. They were extremely risk averse in how they managed games. Limit turnovers and negative plays at all costs. Difference now is that UT doesn’t have an overwhelming talent advantage and Top 20 defense/special teams and the Big 12 is more balanced.

A mid season firing generating more drama than speculation running rampant the last 3 months is asinine. The mental gymnastics Texas fans use to defend our idiotic culture never ceases to amaze me. 

What’s asinine is assuming that a mid-season firing wouldn’t result in speculation running rampant for 3 months. Doesn’t even take into account the program suicide of approaching NSD without a head coach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

New regime. I guess we hired CDC to fall totally in line with the way Texas does things. Other schools are nimble and flexible. We are retarded. 

Your posts on this haven’t made much sense to me. Firing Herman mid year wouldn’t have helped anything. Hiring SS appears to be the only decent option available and it’s a high risk high reward option. Keeping Herman appears to have been an impossible option. What exactly do you think should have happened?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

A mid season firing generating more drama than speculation running rampant the last 3 months is asinine. The mental gymnastics Texas fans use to defend our idiotic culture never ceases to amaze me. 

Thing is, all the speculation is going on places like here, which matter not at all in the grand scheme of things.

Mid-season firing draws lots of public press and public speculation.  

A mid-season firing reeks of a temper tantrum by a person or institution with poor impulse control. Those things may still apply to the end-season firing, but they are less on public display.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2