Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

On 1/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

So "if" tom takes another job how much of his buyout decreases? or does that not factor in?

Also, haven't seen any but is there any potential landing spots for herman?

I believe if he takes a football job, the payout drops to about $3M/year from about $5M.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dude his PR rep probably wrote it. I wouldn't put much thought into it.

I mean, probably. He still signed off on it though. I'm not sitting over here overthinking it. But stuff like this:

"And to the coaches and staff who poured their heart and soul into this program, my appreciation knows no bounds."

Makes me raise my eyebrow a bit.

It's not like this is an untimely, unfortunate exit. His ass got fired plain and simple.

Has the" tell all" firing article been published yet? I'm dying to read it. 

In the glory days of business, at the dawn of the interwebs, big shots would get fired and find themselves locked out of their office. They couldn't get to their computer and everyone was too stupid to have copied all their files onto hard drives (which were huge and really shitty, anyways.) 

When they fired our NYC chairmen mid-90's, they changed the locks on his office and he couldn't get in to get his shit. They said they would send it to him, but of course, the computer and his Rolodex (lol) was company property, so he was pretty screwed.

I read recently that he and his wife both died of Covid 19 within days of each other which is sad, as he was genuinely a nice guy. 

Star-Remover.jpg

Wow. Did anyone else listen to Jeff How today on 104.9 the Horn talking about Tom Herman around 11:45? It was really refreshing to hear. 

He started it with "it doesn't really matter anymore, so I am going to say what I really think." That sure got my attention.  

Major points:

• NO ONE liked Tom Herman-nada
  • He had no allies, so no one stood up for him-at least Charlie had people rooting for him to succeed! 
  • His introductory press conference left the reporters with a weird feeling
  • They never knew who he was and still don't!
  • Forget Iowa State-they knew it was a done deal after OU and "EyesofTexasgate"
  • The players hated him
  • He is an incredibly inauthentic person who never demonstrated caring for anyone but himself 
  • And apparently, there are some pretty juicy stories or facts that haven't come out - Let's hope they do!

b23b9cc9-35a5-4e04-a2cd-2a49e7a97956-RBB

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Wow. Did anyone else listen to Jeff How today on 104.9 the Horn talking about Tom Herman around 11:45? It was really refreshing to hear. 

He started it with "it doesn't really matter anymore, so I am going to say what I really think." That sure got my attention.  

Major points:

• NO ONE liked Tom Herman-nada
  • He had no allies, so no one stood up for him-at least Charlie had people rooting for him to succeed! 
  • His introductory press conference left the reporters with a weird feeling
  • They never knew who he was and still don't!
  • Forget Iowa State-they knew it was a done deal after OU and "EyesofTexasgate"
  • The players hated him
  • He is an incredibly inauthentic person who never demonstrated caring for anyone but himself 
  • And apparently, there are some pretty juicy stories or facts that haven't come out - Let's hope they do!

b23b9cc9-35a5-4e04-a2cd-2a49e7a97956-RBB

Would like to hear this, but I guess it was during the 2nd hour, and for some reason hour 2 of his show (Light the Tower) has not been available in podcast form this week.

• Hook 'Em 2

Happens every time in ever sport, but still annoys the fuck out of me.   Hey reporters, don't wait till the guy is fired to give people the real story.   Not like we didn't all know Tom was an ass hole. 
If they did, the reporters would mysterioulsy not get invited to press conferences or have their gameday credentials misplaced. Bellmont flexes...or at least used to.

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I thought he was shitty when he said he never refers to punters/kickers by name.... just "the punter" and "the kicker". What a shitbag bit to do, especially when "the kicker" saved his sorry, turtling ass in the Cotton Bowl.

How about commenting on our DL, “a bunch of fat guys” or something like that and asking a reporter who Chris Daniels was?  

HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT.

I have never heard a “reporter” carry the water like FCB is doing for CDC. I listened to his dumb fucking podcast and he literally said at the 7:55 mark on the flagship...

”if you would have poured truth serum down Chris del conte when he put out that statement before signing day, at that particular time he fully thought that he was bringing Herman back as coach after the urban Meyer pursuit fizzled. But there was more information that they learned that meant they had to move on from Tom Herman”

taylor Estes agreed....are you fucking stupid, who believes that shit? My god what a gigantic piece of shit. Either he is completely ignorant (real possibility) and believes this shit or he is such a CDC lap dog that CDC could take a liquid shit in his mouth and he would gargle it...my GOD

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT.

I have never heard a “reporter” carry the water like FCB is doing for CDC. I listened to his dumb fucking podcast and he literally said at the 7:55 mark on the flagship...

”if you would have poured truth serum down Chris del conte when he put out that statement before signing day, at that particular time he fully thought that he was bringing Herman back as coach after the urban Meyer pursuit fizzled. But there was more information that they learned that meant they had to move on from Tom Herman”

taylor Estes agreed....are you fucking stupid, who believes that shit? My god what a gigantic piece of shit. Either he is completely ignorant (real possibility) and believes this shit or he is such a CDC lap dog that CDC could take a liquid shit in his mouth and he would gargle it...my GOD

I don't even know how Estes has any credibility or a press pass (I mean I know how, it's just puzzling). She doesn't seem like a legitimate journalist. Her career is a weird mix of unimpressive gigs in front of a camera, marketing/operations/editing work, and "writing" for sites that verge on dumbed-down and pulpy at their best.

I mean has she ever done any hard-hitting reporting or written anything insightful? I get the vibe that basically all she does it take a bucket of sand to the beach and dump it out one spoonful at a time. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't even know how Estes has any credibility or a press pass (I mean I know how, it's just puzzling). She doesn't seem like a legitimate journalist. Her career is a weird mix of unimpressive gigs in front of a camera, marketing/operations/editing work, and "writing" for sites that verge on dumbed-down and pulpy at their best.

I mean has she ever done any hard-hitting reporting or written anything insightful? I get the vibe that basically all she does it take a bucket of sand to the beach and dump it out one spoonful at a time. 

she is a $2 whore that is used and abused in the business.

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT.

I actually believe it though. The "more information" was probably talking with players who were leaving to the NFL who gave them the DL on what the team and incoming recruits really thing about TH. 

Could've even been Sam

35 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I actually believe it though. The "more information" was probably talking with players who were leaving to the NFL who gave them the DL on what the team and incoming recruits really thing about TH. 

Could've even been Sam

Nope, all of this was known back in October. He was actively interviewing and pursuing candidates before and after he put that statement out. This was a pure attempt by CDC and FCB to make that statement not look that bad. Just a bold face lie that either FCB is in on or completely oblivious to. There is nothing new 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

She's handled the 247 technology for the olds (Burton, FCB, and Howe).  As long as FCB is around, she'll probably keep her job.

Well, she has tits. So there’s that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nope, all of this was known back in October. He was actively interviewing and pursuing candidates before and after he put that statement out. This was a pure attempt by CDC and FCB to make that statement not look that bad. Just a bold face lie that either FCB is in on or completely oblivious to. There is nothing new 

this.  its all cover.

Waaaaaaank

(and also horribly copyedited, it's amateur hour over there)

Educational and human values aside, the consequences of this firing and hiring are bad national publicity. Even Sports Illustrated sees the callous irony that UT athletics, after laying off 35 people, not filling another 35 positions and having almost 300 employees take a temporary pay cut, effectively is throwing away over $20 million. Money is critically needed elsewhere at UT Austin for academics and outreach initiatives. One response, of course, will be that the money for coaches comes from private donors. No matter. It is the moral responsibility of the president of our highly ranked public research university to convince donors to give their money to vital university activities rather than to a euphemistically defined extracurricular that can cause traumatic brain Injury to players and distorts our educational values from seventh grade through college.

https://www.statesman.com/story/opinion/columns/your-voice/2021/01/06/ut-coaching-shakeup-money-needed-elsewhere-academics-and-outreach/6565952002/

On 1/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, satyanash said:

He gave Tom Herman a hug and it did not mean a thing. No one knows including Mack if Sarkisian is going to work since he is an unproven head coach. Yet Tom Herman had to go and at least Sarkisian seems to be doing some homework on assistants and not just hiring his buddies. Also, up until now he has not hired or is even rumored to be hiring the WTF! coach (Watson, Beck) that would let us know he is probably not going to work out.

Waaaaaaank

Educational and human values aside, the consequences of this firing and hiring are bad national publicity. Even Sports Illustrated sees the callous irony that UT athletics, after laying off 35 people, not filling another 35 positions and having almost 300 employees take a temporary pay cut, effectively is throwing away over $20 million. Money is critically needed elsewhere at UT Austin for academics and outreach initiatives. One response, of course, will be that the money for coaches comes from private donors. No matter. It is the moral responsibility of the president of our highly ranked public research university to convince donors to give their money to vital university activities rather than to a euphemistically defined extracurricular that can cause traumatic brain Injury to players and distorts our educational values from seventh grade through college.

https://www.statesman.com/story/opinion/columns/your-voice/2021/01/06/ut-coaching-shakeup-money-needed-elsewhere-academics-and-outreach/6565952002/

Eh. Those two need to stay in their fucking lane and stick to Classicsing and Philosophying.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Waaaaaaank

Athletics already gives money to academics. Athletics takes zero from Academics. I don't get the problem here. Billionaires get to spend their own money how they want.

As for national publicity every football program generates this kind of press. That article could have been written in 1977 whining about Fred Akers making more than a math professor.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

This is Tom Palaima’s schtick. Ignore him, he’s a grumpy old man howling at the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1