Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

On 1/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, CurlyDumps said:

Let go of your white guilt, man. It’s making you say crazy things.

Yeah I'll cop to white guilt but it also (no CR) reminds me of how everybody's like "OMG Jimmy Carter was the worst president ever" when he really came into a bad situation and then got fucked over by the GOP on his way out the door. He made some unpopular decisions and said some shit we didn't want to hear and we hated him for it as president. 

And, again, no CR, but we've had worse presidents. 

20 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I feel bad for Strong because he was a likable guy that seemed liek he truly cared but was in WAY over his head. Herman was the opposite, an absolute dick that did his job much better than his predicessor.

That being said, both desired to be fired, but Strong I am more willing to look back on and wish him well. Fuck Turtle Tom.

I don’t get this take at all about Chuck. I saw Charlie Strong at a HEB on Bee Cave once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I'm still in shock! Anyone else had similar experiences?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

What on earth are you talking about? The first year when he went 6-7 (after Mack had won 8 games) he inherited a defense with Jordan Hicks, Malcom Brown, Diggs, Hassan Ridgeway, Mykkele Thompson, Duke Thomas and Adrian Colbert. On offense he Malcolm Brown, Marcus Johnson, Jaxon Shipley, Swaim. That roster had lots of holes but plenty of talent to work with including several guys that are drawing NFL pensions. 

Charlie had a worse record than the Texas coach before him and the Texas coach after him. He took over a USF program that won 11 games before he got there and turned them into a to 4 win team in 3 years. All available evidence shows he's a terrible head coach, you just wish it wasn't the case.

I noticed you didn’t mention any QBs or OL. That’s because they pretty much all sucked except the 2 guys who got hurt at the beginning of the season. 

After signing Colt in 2005 Mack kept constantly fucking up QB recruiting and we went over a decade without an OL being even drafted. You can’t win anywhere with no QB and no oline. That was what Mack left behind. Once Colt left our offense was completely screwed for years. 

• Like 1

I don’t get this take at all about Chuck. I saw Charlie Strong at a HEB on Bee Cave once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I'm still in shock! Anyone else had similar experiences?

That wasn't Charlie Strong Katfid.

36 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Strong fucked up a coin flip...didn’t recruit the QB position...turned our ST’s into a circus...and hired Shawn fucking Watson. The guy is a terrible HC. 

One of his fucking captains fucked up a coin flip, the same as one of Mack's did. This was put to bed upthread. He did recruit the QB position and Shane Buechele ended up pretty fucking good. STs weren't that much better under Herman -- it wasn't Strong's fault that his long snapper got the yips that one game. On Watson we can agree. 

• Fuck You 2

IDK if the Charlie positivity is because Tom was an ass or Charlie was a "good guy."  There's really no way you could say Charlie is a better coach.  I'm glad Tom is gone, but let's be real, if he had played Bijan over Keontay, he may still be here.  That is of course his own got damn fault and I'm glad we have Sark now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

IDK if the Charlie positivity is because Tom was an ass or Charlie was a "good guy."  There's really no way you could say Charlie is a better coach.  I'm glad Tom is gone, but let's be real, if he had played Bijan over Keontay, he may still be here.  That is of course his own got damn fault and I'm glad we have Sark now.

And he played Kyle Porter over Warren. Yeah Warren is a flake but he had some amazing games at both RB and TE and Porter should have gone to Sam Houston St. 

I los

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I mean fuck, this is just one example I can counteract this with....And what is the point there? What is wrong with his demeanor? He just looks glum. 

I lost a lot of whatever respect I had for Herman when he did the nipple grab. I thought how childish for someone making what he was making and as the HC of a blue blood program. Nick Saban would have never acted like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

You’re willing to die on this Chuck Strong hill? The guy is dogshit as a head coach unless he has an all world QB. He didn’t bother recruiting that at Texas. His Texas teams were atrocious and routinely blown out by even adequate competition. He even fell flat on his face at USF.

Same as Herman, my dude, same as Herman. He had that with Ward but not with Ehlinger. 

3 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

You’re willing to die on this Chuck Strong hill? The guy is dogshit as a head coach unless he has an all world QB. He didn’t bother recruiting that at Texas. His Texas teams were atrocious and routinely blown out by even adequate competition. He even fell flat on his face at USF.

Yeah I will die on this hill, but only because I won't literally die, and it's the offseason. I enjoy pointless arguments, and as to who was worse between these two, it's pretty silly to be debating it. But I am also all about honesty and holding to my convictions. All in all, race and other arguments aside, I really believe Strong was a better coach than this punk ass motherfucker. Now if Herman goes to some other school and builds a consistent winning program, I'll eat a whole tub of catfish dough bait, but that ain't gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

How many games did Herman get face fucked in by 40+ points? The guy is an ass, but he is a superior coach to Strong. 

Roster roster roster roster roster roster rosterRoster roster roster roster roster roster roster Roster roster roster roster roster roster roster Roster roster roster roster roster roster roster Roster roster roster roster roster roster roster Roster roster roster roster roster roster roster

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

You're quadrupling down in a really weird way. 

It’s like Chuckles is the perfect fit up his back door or something. 

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And then Sark said.....

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Lulz...you are fucking troll. 

Fuck. Look it up. Both of Charlie's last two years, they were among the youngest teams in football. Talented but young. Young DBs always suck. I go back on these sites two decades now and I remember people wanting Mack to bench all three Griffins, Aaron Ross and Michael Huff. (Only Earl Thomas was good enough to escape that -- and back then we had a robust enough program to redshirt him.)

Since Mack's downfall we've been throwing true frosh into the fire at positions you just can't and expect to win -- QB (until Sam), OL and DB. Fucking Vince Lombardi would lose with teams like that. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah I'll cop to white guilt but it also (no CR) reminds me of how everybody's like "OMG Jimmy Carter was the worst president ever" when he really came into a bad situation and then got fucked over by the GOP on his way out the door. He made some unpopular decisions and said some shit we didn't want to hear and we hated him for it as president. 

And, again, no CR, but we've had worse presidents. 

(NO CR), but I would like to simply point out (and hopefully brings some positivity to the world?)...I was a kid when Jimmy Carter was in office. All I remember hearing was how he was “the worst President we’ve had in eons...”blah blah blah- I now at what he’s done since being out of office and my Lord, that man has led a life of servitude!  God bless Jimmy Carter for his work. (NO CR!). 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

(NO CR), but I would like to simply point out (and hopefully brings some positivity to the world?)...I was a kid when Jimmy Carter was in office. All I remember hearing was how he was “the worst President we’ve had in eons...”blah blah blah- I now at what he’s done since being out of office and my Lord, that man has led a life of servitude!  God bless Jimmy Carter for his work. (NO CR!). 

Yeah...And all Strong has done was steer USF into a ditch, so I maybe wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I los

I lost a lot of whatever respect I had for Herman when he did the nipple grab. I thought how childish for someone making what he was making and as the HC of a blue blood program. Nick Saban would have never acted like that.

I forget (or more like I’ve tried to wipe it from my memory) but what came first; double nipple rub or the double bird flip?  

3 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

Did Herman ever have a team at Texas that missed three extra points in one half?

Was that the game where the longsnapper got the yips? If so, you can't coach against that. 

Did Strong ever coach a game where a shitty team blocked three punts and won? Because Mack Brown did. And that is more of a coaching fail than a longsnapper losing his mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I noticed you didn’t mention any QBs or OL. That’s because they pretty much all sucked except the 2 guys who got hurt at the beginning of the season. 

After signing Colt in 2005 Mack kept constantly fucking up QB recruiting and we went over a decade without an OL being even drafted. You can’t win anywhere with no QB and no oline. That was what Mack left behind. Once Colt left our offense was completely screwed for years. 

I know the OL and QBs sucked. I listed guys because MaybeaCoordinator keeps trying to convince everyone that the roster Strong inherited was some barren wasteland of talent which is laughably stupid. 

And you can't win anywhere with no QBs and OL is true to an extent but nobody's expectation was win the conference or compete for a national championship right away. We understood the holes in the roster, but a good coach puts his team in positions to win games. Bill Synder put his team in a position to kick our ass 23-0 with fucking Jake Waters. Do you think that team really had more talent than us, even at qb or ol?

Nah, Charlie and his merry band of dipshits got flat outcoached like they did pretty much every Saturday regardless of opponent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Was that the game where the longsnapper got the yips? If so, you can't coach against that. 

Did Strong ever coach a game where a shitty team blocked three punts and won? Because Mack Brown did. And that is more of a coaching fail than a longsnapper losing his mind. 

Uh OSU blocked three field goals. You can coach against that.

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I los

It wasn’t a nipple grab you geezer fucks, he was making fun of Drew Locke’s dipshit Dora  the explorer securing the bag or whatever, because that dude had been talking shit all week. Anyway, Chuckles may have done something similar in a bowl game, but we’ll never know because he was never good enough to even get to one. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Not only did we have 3 PATs blocked in one game, we also had a blocked PAT in the Notre Dame game earlier that season. While Special Teams still was a weakness under Herman, we did have a Punt Return TD against K-State and the blocked FG that turned into a TD against USC in 2018. We didn’t reach our potential under Herman, but we also didn’t reach the sheer ineptitude we did under Charlie Strong.

Fuck, I never thought I’d miss the McRib posts until we had a Charlie Strong apologist surface. This is one of the low points of this board in my time here and MaybeACoordinator should be ashamed for having such an inept take that Charlie Strong is better than Tom Herman and post-2010 Mack. We at least played for Big 12 titles under those 2. Charlie Strong could’ve coached here 4 more seasons and still not ever had us any closer to competing for a Big 12 title.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

It wasn’t a nipple grab you geezer fucks, he was making fun of Drew Locke’s dipshit Dora  the explorer securing the bag or whatever, because that dude had been talking shit all week. Anyway, Chuckles may have done something similar in a bowl game, but we’ll never know because he was never good enough to even get to one. 

Congrats to you for forgetting the one bowl game he did make. I was there in person and I am still emotionally scarred.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Congrats to you for forgetting the one bowl game he did make. I was there in person and I am still emotionally scarred.
Best seats I ever had. Wasted.

But 6 scholarship linemen. One was a covert dlineman. One was let go as a grad transfer. One was in a wheelchair when recruited. 1A or was it 2A QB who didn't win at that level.

And the refs as usual were shitty. Big 12 level non call holding. We weren't going to win but they impacted the dollar value of my ticket in at least keeping it closer.

In spite of uncle sonny's claim, there was limited talent and much of it was senior defensive guys. No depth.

Tom actually put together a team that could play. I always got the feeling we were the better team on the field. He just would totally go into his shell in the second halves in games when we had leads. He switched from what would work to thinking he could run out clocks. Charlie had the IQ of a peanut and had no clue what to do in any phase of the job.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And he played Kyle Porter over Warren. Yeah Warren is a flake but he had some amazing games at both RB and TE and Porter should have gone to Sam Houston St. 

They both sucked.  It's like do I want to bang Rosie O'donnell or Roseanne Barr?  Pass.  Pun intended.  All that being said, if Herman weren't a prick and Keontay could hold onto the ball, Herm is probably still here.