Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, Newy25 said:

You should fully expect at least two coaches he hires that play the recruiting game. Sark is going to recruit like the SEC. 

You think we're ok with that or just one of those ignorance is bliss things? I thought I read that Lupoi would be willing to play the game.

Roach

"I’ll have a lot more when I can sit with my computer but I spent most of my drive to Austin talking to people with familiarity to Sarkisian.

When he was at Washington and USC he had a stellar record as a recruiter. At Bama, he didn’t have those responsibilities as Nick Saban doesn’t ask his coordinators to do much. I was told that Sark was big in the recruitments of Bryce Young and Jalen Milroe. Obviously most of his connections are out west, but I was also told that he and Quinn Ewers had a strong relationship. Quinn is currently playing and Nick is at his game. We will get some sort of reaction afterward.

I was told the real strength will be the potential staff he could put together. If he were to bring Kyle Flood from Alabama, I think that would be a good start. He’s the OL coach and was huge in landing the Brockermeyers. I was told Bama recruits itself to an extent but the family was impressed with his technical knowledge.

Tosh Lupoi is another name with ties to Sark and I think that’s a home run from a recruiting standpoint. If he can get Jeff Banks to come coach TE/ST you get better on the field and in recruiting.

Two other names I’ve heard with ties to him are UCLA DL coach Johnny Nansen and Oregon safeties coach Keith Heyward. Again, I’ll have more when I can really compose my thoughts but those are some quick hits."

Edited by Fud
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Go get Joey MGuire as your connection to the Texas High School coaches.

I love the fact he’s not going to be bringing his unproven G5 staff that helped get him the job.

McGuire isn't leaving Baylor unless it's for a HC or coordinator job. Maybe he can be the OC in name while Sark runs the offense, ala Riley/Day/Jimbo?

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

Go get Joey MGuire as your connection to the Texas High School coaches.

I love the fact he’s not going to be bringing his unproven G5 staff that helped get him the job.

Would be a great hire and Joey is fine leaving Waco for Austin if offered. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, Ive heard the names Sumlin, Norm Chow and June Jones being tossed around. I know Chow is available since the XFL folded and has history with Sark at SC , no idea if Jones or Sumlin have history with Sark

• Fuck You 1

Whittington tweeted earlier something to the effect of "better keep Drayton and Coleman" and I know Drayton and Bijan are close. For that alone I think you have to keep Drayton. I'd think Ash and anyone of the defensive staff who wants to stay merit consideration, but I know Ash is Herman's bro so that could be awkward. If I could pick one coach on D to stay it'd be Hutzler. What he did with the LBs this year was pretty crazy given that they basically weren't coached under Orlando, and he recruited well despite the dumpster fire on the field.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 1

McGuire isn't leaving Baylor unless it's for a HC or coordinator job. Maybe he can be the OC in name while Sark runs the offense, ala Riley/Day/Jimbo?

Incorrect. I was told he was waiting on the “Texas staff to get cleaned out this year”. I’m not sure the new coach will hire him, but it won’t be because he won’t leave Baylor.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Staff.jpg

If he hires a high quality staff. I'll jump on board. None of this buddy buddy shit. Our last two dipshits did. To be fair, Strong wasn't given a blank check to go out and make good hires but he could've done better than Shawn fucking Watson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Whittington tweeted earlier something to the effect of "better keep Drayton and Coleman" and I know Drayton and Bijan are close. For that alone I think you have to keep Drayton. I'd think Ash and anyone of the defensive staff who wants to stay merit consideration, but I know Ash is Herman's bro so that could be awkward. If I could pick one coach on D to stay it'd be Hutzler. What he did with the LBs this year was pretty crazy given that they basically weren't coached under Orlando, and he recruited well despite the dumpster fire on the field.

I don't see Coleman staying. But I'm sure they'll be more than happy with Tee Martin. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

If he hires a high quality staff. I'll jump on board. None of this buddy buddy shit. Our last two dipshits did. To be fair, Strong wasn't given a blank check to go out and make good hires but he could've done better than Shawn fucking Watson. 

Think he will and the buddy buddy stuff doesn't worry me because Sark knows this is his only shot at the big times after going to hell and back. Tom did that because he thought he was to smart to fail even with an awful staff

Please, please please bring in a pipe hitting staff. Not a bunch of retread buddies, comfort hires. Let’s not waste another 3 years finding out that shit hires aren’t going to work.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's the good thing.  I don't think Sark will bring the UH staff.  I'll fuck his car up if he brings Corby and Warehime

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Beef said:

Incorrect. I was told he was waiting on the “Texas staff to get cleaned out this year”. I’m not sure the new coach will hire him, but it won’t be because he won’t leave Baylor.

My info is coming from someone on the Baylor staff. Maybe he's wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, Ive heard the names Sumlin, Norm Chow and June Jones being tossed around. I know Chow is available since the XFL folded and has history with Sark at SC , no idea if Jones or Sumlin have history with Sark

Sark and Sumlin could single-handedly make up revenue lost downtown from no SXSW

• Like 2
  • Haha 2