Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

What rot? In a normal year this is a 10-3 season. 3 offensive/defensive coordinators in 3 years is setting all our players up to fail.

I mean that’s kinda the reason to start fresh. Especially with likely roster turnover coming anyway.  Rot being whatever negative shit is in the program causing negative recruiting. 

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

I mean that’s kinda the reason to start fresh. Especially with likely roster turnover coming anyway.  Rot being whatever negative shit is in the program causing negative recruiting. 

You're right this will be good for recruiting.

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

FCB is also reporting that Muschamp isn’t going to be the DC. 

And if true this would suggest Ash might be sticking and then we get to find out if we get to keep our current LB coach or the potential of Stoops being on the staff?

27 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

He's had to cover for multiple assistant coaches that also were recruiting our brand.  Our brand doesn't mean very much right now.  Samples seems to have done pretty well for himself with SMU brand getting in the door on some pretty big time recruits that should have no business talking to SMU.  It is definitely a skill.  One that certainly becomes easier with winning and putting kids in the draft.  But that hasn't exactly been happening here lately.  I'd like to see what BC is capable of doing if he had some tailwinds instead of headwinds for once.

What argument to recruits do you think he should have made that would have overcome all the "your coaches don't develop talent and they are all going to get fired soon" narrative.  One man can only be so persuasive.  I'm not going to pretend that I know all the "Carringtons" at other schools, but man I find it hard to believe that there are more than a handful or two of other non-coaches that have been able to build relationships with kids as well as he seemingly does. 

We’ve already seen what BC does with tailwinds when he got here in 2018 and he absolutely killed it. There’s no question he’s an elite recruiter. Hopefully we keep him, but there are other guys who can do what he does. It’s a lot easier to find elite recruiters when you don’t need them to also be good coaches. 

7 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

What rot? In a normal year this is a 10-3 season. 3 offensive/defensive coordinators in 3 years is setting all our players up to fail. 

OKAY I know we have to now... I just don't like the idea of throwing away a great coaching staff for a bunch of unknowns just because the guy at the top is an asshole.

Lulz. We do not have a great coaching staff. We have maybe 2 or 3 guys who would belong on a playoff teams’ coaching staff. That’s it. We upgraded from god awful to decent, but lamenting losing the current coaching staff is absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

Will bagmen be needed going forward once image/likeness goes into effect.  Certainly they will be less impactful.  

Well they also cheat by getting grades erased and having guys take tests for guys too dumb to get into school, otherwise. That is what got Lupoi in trouble at Washington.

8 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Will bagmen be needed going forward once image/likeness goes into effect.  Certainly they will be less impactful.  

I would think they would be even more necessary. Someone is going to have to line up and juggle all the car dealership appearances. Coaches aren't going to deal with that shit. 

13 minutes ago, SDG said:

Interesting; 

I may be totally off base and jaded, but I read this as BC’s agent trying to instill a “sense of urgency” and panic in Texas...”you better hurry up, my guys the hottest thing goin...”🙄

But again, I guess that’s what a agent should be doing.  I just feel that CDC isn’t one to be “hurried” and I don’t mind that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can someone explain to me why all these Bama coaches would lateral with Sark to UT? I'm assuming money whips? Because we've now heard the OL coach, WR coach, and TE/ST coach may all move. Can't imagine Saban is just gonna let them go without a fight

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Can someone explain to me why all these Bama coaches would lateral with Sark to UT? I'm assuming money whips? Because we've now heard the OL coach, WR coach, and TE/ST coach may all move. Can't imagine Saban is just gonna let them go without a fight

It's a good question. Other than money and the prestige/opportunity that succeeding that Texas offers, we would likely have to give them titles.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Maybe they’re tired of Saban?

Remember, behind every hot woman there’s always someone who’s grown tired of her drama/bs.  Always.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

It's a good question. Other than money and the prestige/opportunity that succeeding that Texas offers, we would likely have to give them titles.

I’m sure money will play a huge roll, but ain’t nobody swapping Alabama prestige for Texas prestige right now.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

I can't tell if people casually promoting "bagmen" and academic cheating are just being edgelords, or are actually just shitty people.

News flash:  Most alumni aren't going to donate to a program they aren't proud of.  Winning is a necessary but not sufficient condition for that.

A top 4 playoff Texas team will generate more hype and money than a bunch of pearl clutching alumni could ever hope to match in donations.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It wasn’t just Tim Beck, it was the whole staff. Hell, Mehringer and Warehime set me off the most personally. This is the single biggest issue with Sarkisian’s hire. If he brings in a great staff that can do well on both coaching and recruiting and runs a bagman game, fucking A.  

Not sure if things have changed, but Muschamp used to say that Giles is the laziest college coach he’s ever worked with, and his recruiting behavior certainly reflects that. 

That was a very deflating moment.   When I heard most of toms assistants made the flight with him to Austin I seriously asked “why are they doing that?”   I thought Tom was gonna bail on those guys    

sark seems to have a better approach

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

That was a very deflating moment.   When I heard most of toms assistants made the flight with him to Austin I seriously asked “why are they doing that?”   I thought Tom was gonna bail on those guys    

sark seems to have a better approach

Agree.  This feels much different from a staff optimization standpoint than the last two go rounds.  It’s a relief, frankly.  Shawn Watson was such a gut punch.   Everyone knew it meant doom.   Except maybe ScipioTex.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Ya they aren’t going to take everyone, I think at best we will poach OL and one of WR or TE