Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

8 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

It'd be great for Gideon for sure from an exposure standpoint and learning aspect.  And our Special teams would no doubt be improved.  But I don't want a team going up against Lincoln Riley offense being understaffed with only 4 (or 4 1/2) full time coaches dedicated to coaching defense on the practice field.  That breakout has 5 full time offensive coaches, plus the head-coach calling plays.  And only 4 full time defensive coaches.  And one special teams coach.    I mean if Gideon is good enough to focus on special teams, and take Safeties, all while recruiting at a high level then it works.  But that seems a little bit ambitious to put on his plate at this point in time to be honest and I'd expect some growing pains.  Maybe I'm wrong and he can handle it.   Losing Banks really hurt because he'd have run special teams from the offensive side of the ball.

You do know there is a pretty damn good chance the Cory Raymond thing happens, right?  I feel like Sark is going to treat his staff like a NFL composition staff with Gideon being the ST guy.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not arguing, but honest question, how much could the OC position really pay at Arkansas State? Butch Jones is only making $825K as the HC. Random comparison, but this link has Corey Dennis at 300K annual as the QB coach:
https://abc6onyourside.com/sports/the-football-fever/ohio-state-names-assistant-coaches-salaries-for-2020-season#:~:text=Corey Dennis%2C Quarterbacks – Term%3A,Salary%3A %24550%2C000%3B Increase%3A %24190%2C000
If Milwee is around there that isn't a huge number that would cut into a significant coaches pool but it's also probably a bump for where Milwee was going to be at Ark State I would think.

The Arkansas State HC makes $825k per USA Today database, no coordinator salaries at G5’s. Honestly no idea what a coordinator at Arkansas State would make, I’d guess $259k or so but that’s just based on the HC.

But looking at Texas the only Texas position coach at $300k this year was Valai, Giles only other one under $500k. I’d bet on Milwee, having a coordinator background and turning down a coordinator job (really no idea what that would pay honestly but to some extent there’s opportunity cost) getting at least $500k. Particularly if he gets a Co OC tag. Texas’s likes to pay assistants already. Most of our position coaches are paid in line with P5 coordinators.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You do know there is a pretty damn good chance the Cory Raymond thing happens, right?  I feel like Sark is going to treat his staff like a NFL composition staff with Gideon being the ST guy.

*Corey

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

So you're going off rumor then. By widely documented you mean information probably distributed by one of the many 9.95 companies that are competing against each other for the niche pool of fanatical Texas fans willing to pay for information about the football team. That information was then picked up by the others as they don't want to be viewed as being left behind and the rumors swell like crazy until people like you say well it must be true because it's coming from all sides. The benefit of fabricating sensationalist stories to maintain interest in a subscription business model is so great there's zero chance that isn't happening. 

So ask yourself if Herman was this giant asshole personality who rubs everyone raw then why did he get an extension? Surely they wouldn't do that so early and eagerly to a guy who's that bad. Also, why didn't that information come up about him from his time elsewhere before he arrived? A guy just doesn't become a giant asshole starting in his 40s. 

This is a perfect example of why I said in the other threads that the 9.95 rumor mill garbage business is a pure leech on your program's ability to maintain success. They start rumors that get circulated widely because there's so many of them in this echo chamber and it gets to people like you who believe it without questioning it. And if it gets to you then you know it's getting to recruits and their parents too. 

From all the evidence it appears most likely that CDC made a play for the white whale but fucked up by not doing it completely secretly. Once it became public knowledge Herman was completely neutered and it became impossible to go back to him with any credibility once his bosses were just caught trying to replace him. So they had no choice but to pay the money to replace him with a coach who by all measures seems to be worse in his previous stops as a head coach. A state University paying out what with the new contracts will be around $40 million in frivolous spending in one year during a pandemic when millions in the country are suffering financially. That's just horrible optics and fuck ups of the highest level. 

“Take the SARK, pussy!” ©️

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

leaving this here without comment:

hamm.mp3 1.39 MB · 1 download

JFC...

my favorite line:

“You have a site that has an 85 page thread on me where you all are talking really bad about my family and myself and personal information… I mean my phone number is on there… And now you want me to come on your podcast?”

<pause>

”well, yeah!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Gonna go ahead and officially predict the Lupoi hiring based on an official member of the UT admins recent follows. Outside of Lupoi he has only followed Sark, Flood, and Milwee who are all but confirmed at this point. Get ready to party boys and girls cause this thing is happening!

61UVo1K2iVL._AC_SY741_.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Gonna go ahead and officially predict the Lupoi hiring based on an official member of the UT admins recent follows. Outside of Lupoi he has only followed Sark, Flood, and Milwee who are all but confirmed at this point. Get ready to party boys and girls cause this thing is happening!

1121168371_Intersting2.jpg.00373a67f8da5d3fdb382826a53c6fc9.jpg

Intersting.jpg

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is the kind of internet sleuthing that makes Surly worth the tree fiddy 

Hell yeah, we're going all in on the bag men method and incorporating longhorn foundation /s

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Didn't affect LSU last year as they have a dedicated ST's coordinator and 4 defensive coaches. Of course, the also base out a 3 man front, but what the fuck were they thinking?

Ogre is also a defensive coach, not calling plays with his head focused mainly on that side of the ball.

Sorry to bump this dude again but man how did a guy with both a radio face and a face that only a mother could love make it onto TV at a major sports network?

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, it almost seems like Manny Acho recently told Rod Babers to become more controversial and draw more attention to help his career.

Kinda like the former HTown radio guy now on FS1... Nick Wright

Nick-Wright-Headshot_727x727-480x480.png

1 minute ago, Houston20 said:

What's the hype on Wiggins about? Is he a stud recruiter? Don't see why he would be the top WR coaching choice considering his work at VT is meh. What am I missing?

DeVonta Smith. Eh, he's fine but not great. He's not anyone on this board's first choice I don't think.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

What's the hype on Wiggins about? Is he a stud recruiter? Don't see why he would be the top WR coaching choice considering his work at VT is meh. What am I missing?

Are you familiar with the 2020 cfb season?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Nobody has hyped him. But, there's harder things to sell to 18 year olds than "I coached up Waddle, Jeudy, and Smith"*

*Honestly not sure if he coached Jeudy at all

Edited by Hank_Hill

11 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

This is a good boy.  I'm in.

image.thumb.png.4f5792cf5455ae63f3c9b30e2b5453a3.png

Holy shit.  I'm not kidding in any way - I dated that girl for a year back in the early 2000s.  She's now divorced from that dude.   I would note that she's definitely in the crazy zone of the hot/crazy matrix.  Some fun times, but time hasn't treated her well, unfortunately.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, alphahorn said:

Tosh would be great of course, but if we get him, then we'd better have mustard to go with his fries and by all means no sling blades allowedtosh.PNG.43328241fac9f21048bb17864b3b94dc.PNGsling.PNG.cd7aaacd547825bc3c3e9957a65daad0.PNG

14 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Intersting.jpg

I like - Mustard up!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Would love to bring Raymond on although I'm not sure it is a good chance yet, depending on who you listen to.  But that doesn't change my thinking of wanting 5 full time defensive coaches.  I just think if anything, with an offensive minded head coach, you need to focus more resources on your defense.  Can it work?  Sure.  But it's not the best allocation of resources in my opinion.  And my initial point was Gideon has to at least be serviceable in helping out the defense and can't be just mainly a special teams guy and fill in here or there on defense without a fairly significant role on that side of the ball as well.

49 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So these fuckfaces didn’t even start the season until the end of October, got into the CFP having only played seven games, and now want the CFP championship game postponed? Fuck that shit. Fuck ohio state.

Would Sark and the other coaches coming from Bama would still report to Texas by the scheduled date if this happens?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Intersting.jpg

Good! We finally playing the game and going for the throne! Tired of us trying to be all Ned Stark.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1