Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Weren't they first to drop his name as a candidate (which no one took seriously), but FCB first to report the actual hire?

Basically. FCB mentioned Sark just after TFB. Sounds like TFB got the name from an SEC source and FCB of course is CDCs lap dog

3 hours ago, NoName said:

from looking at the foundation list posted above, not sure anyone on that list is really plugged in based on recent follows.

guessing that the guy we have talked about before subs at either a pay site or here...don't want to say TOO much just in case they become a useful source in the future or end up with someone telling them to lock it up but just mentioning it in general.

Biggest indicator imo was that he only followed the almost confirmed coaches. He may just get his info online but it is entirely possible he may have a good friend that is a little closer to the action and thought following those guys on twitter would no harm

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Looks like a comfort hire

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the hire. But to be fair, if there's one position in the program I'm cool with being a comfort hire (if they're good) it's probably S&C. I mean, it pretty much has to be to a certain degree, or it's just a black hole. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

FCB says Bo Davis is expected to be on staff.....they have to have a DC in place already right? No way can we be hiring these position coaches lined up with out the DC...?

Ya, so who is the DC?  Connect the dots between Bo Davis, Blake Gideon and whoever it is.  Cause no way the DC takes the job without approving of these position coaches.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

FCB says Bo Davis is expected to be on staff.....they have to have a DC in place already right? No way can we be hiring these position coaches lined up with out the DC...?

We're obviously going with a DC by committee.  Whoever signs the most five stars gets to call the defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

from @BurntOrange&White's list this probably removes:

image.png

• Freeman (not yet interviewed?)
  • Glenn (still has a job)
  • Golding (still has a job)
  • Quinn (still has a job)

leaving some combo of Ash/Arnett/Sirmon?

Edited by NoName

Just now, RGBIII said:

That or stay with Ash.  If it was Ash though I don't know why you wouldn't just announce it.  Or maybe I am behind is Ash still possibly in?

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

You'd think so, but then we also thought Sark was a smokescreen they were just using to hide Urban or Kelly, but it turns out they weren't that smart/tricky. I'm not putting anything past them until it's announced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not questioning that it may make sense or work. It’s working at Bama. I’m questioning the validity of the notion that that is what Texas is going to do now. Nahlin saying it, and that being the only reference point, indicates to me that no one knows shit. Might happen, but it’s not something to be looking at as a matter of fact. There may not be a whole lot of those interested PhD types around. Who knows. 

Think somebody may have mentioned it way back but Jesse Ackerman with the Falcons was here as an assistant S&C coach and with the Quinn smoke maybe he is a target to share duties. 

Just now, Viper said:

You'd think so, but then we also thought Sark was a smokescreen they were just using to hide Urban or Kelly, but it turns out they weren't that smart/tricky. I'm not putting anything past them until it's announced.

I don't think it always works that a new DC gets to name position coaches, but with the names we are hearing they'd have the leverage to demand that.

5 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

His reputation is definitely great. I don't remember being particularly impressed with him the first time around, but that could be due to who his DCs were.

Mack didn’t allow guys to be great like Sark apparently will. 

• Like 1