Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Doubt Bo handles any bags -- already busted by NCAA while at Bama with a two-year show cause penalty for providing "false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts."  

just another sign that we're in our heel turn

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Think it was Chris Rumph

I know Greg Davis used to shower with the offense.  Pretty surprised to hear that he was packing.

26 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I'm really enjoying how the $9.95ers don't have any clue who we're hiring and yet still have "details" on the process.

Actually 24/7 seems to be leading this.  Has to be killing Eric and co.

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

the more we get Muschamp-style guys the more I think it has to be Quinn...

If it is Quinn - I guess we're giving him some time to see if he gets an HC opportunities?  There was some talk about him and the Lions job.  Its possible he wants to see if he gets any HC interviews and if not he'll come back to college as a DC.

Just now, Machinator said:

My fourth guess on DC, though it's not my preference, is Pete Golding, which is why he hasn't been announced yet.

There is no fucking way it is a guy that Saban is actively trying to get rid of, with 2 years working with Sarkisian.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Isn't Quinn a bit of a pipe dream?

Saban has 2 recently fired NFL HC's knocking down his door to try and get his OC spot. There's a lot more mobility back into the NFL from college these days so it definitely feels like it's in play.

45 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

oh btw Bo Davis had some recruiting allegations against him when he left Bama....MORE BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, now I see why these assistant coaches bounce between the NCAA and NFL.

Gotta keep one step ahead of the NCAA posse, wait 'til the heat cools off, before making a return to college ball.

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

There is no fucking way it is a guy that Saban is actively trying to get rid of, with 2 years working with Sarkisian.

I don't think so, either.  It's two things:

1)  If true, his apparent failure under Saban

2) The absence of substantial qualifications prior to his stint under Saban.  Saban chose him as an inspired, under the radar choice.  If that's a net negative, he has no floor (well, UTSA) to shore him up.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

also, what exactly is the story with Bo Davis' violation? From what I can tell, he contacted a recruit during the dead period then lied about it to Saban. Seems like he got a pretty harsh punishment for something relatively innocent.

Lied to NCAA...

"According to the article, the alleged violations included impermissible contact with recruits during a meeting that was allegedly pre-arranged. But what made this a life-changing mistake for Davis was that he wasn’t forthcoming with information during his first two meetings with the NCAA." 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/former-alabama-dl-coach-bo-davis-speaks-publicly-for-first-time-following-departure/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

also, what exactly is the story with Bo Davis' violation? From what I can tell, he contacted a recruit during the dead period then lied about it to Saban. Seems like he got a pretty harsh punishment for something relatively innocent.

His punish was much worse due to him lying about it. Nick had no option but to fire him and wanted him back once his show cause was up. 

It is being mentioned on SEC Rant that the SEC apparently blocked LSU and Ole Miss from hiring him. 

Btw, Bo Davis worked with Golding at UTSA and gave thumbs up to Saban to interview Golding.

"Before hiring or even interviewing his newest Alabama assistant coach, Nick Saban sought feedback from a former member of the Crimson Tide staff.  While Bo Davis had to leave the Crimson Tide under less than ideal circumstances, Saban maintains a relationship with his former defensive line coach and still very much respects his opinion.

Prior to meeting with Pete Golding, Saban called Davis.  The conversation only lasted about 10 minutes but Davis gave a strong endorsement of Golding, whom he worked with at University of Texas-San Antonio since February."

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/01/a_former_tide_assistant_contri.html

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

Y’all talking about dropping bags, but it’s clear as day that Seafood Boils are the real key to recruiting. No kids from the south are turning Texas down when they get a plate of this during a visit. 

446C4EC7-89DA-4777-BF6F-50DB549C4546.jpeg

so we are getting Jameis Winston's kid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6