Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

39 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Careful now, some Cock sniff on here will tell you that the Brocks don’t owe you anything and they miiiiiiiiiight come back here, if not for your post. And then three other dumbfucks will pile on.  

I’m with you, hope the Brocks get grey shirted.

Dad is a prick, sure.  He deserves what this board dishes and then some. That said I'd still take Tommy if he saw the err of his/dads ways. 

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

In 2004, went with a (then) recent UT grad and tailgated with one of his buddies/fraternity bros from Texas who was engaged to a Texas grad whose family were huge Arkansas boosters/grads. We were severely outnumbered and got lots of terrible looks and a few barbs thrown our way, but her family were gracious hosts and fed us well (BBQ pork ribs!).

At the time, I had a buddy on the Texas staff, so we waited to see him after the game with players’ parents. Ended up walking VY’s momma back to where we had all parked near the baseball field, a long dark walk. Got lots of fingers shot at us and lots of ugly things said to us.

Fayetteville IS a beautiful place and that is one of my favorite road trips ever. 

Ah, yes, I remember it well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

The one thing that I hate more than anything else is that that stupid helicopter parent mother fucker was right about Herman in the end. That said he will always be a cunt, I don’t care how much I dislike the head coach, my kids are going to Texas. Tom Herman could shove my grandfathers T ring up a strippers asshole while shitting on his grave and my kids would still go to fucking Texas. FUCK.THE.BROCKS. Wouldn’t take them even if they wanted to transfer here

I was in school at the same time as a Brockermeyer.  We both had a class at the same time in Garrison Hall I think.  One of those buildings kind of set in the side of a hill near mid campus.  That asshole would come barreling down the hill on his 10 speed like Lance Armstrong at 18 mph and you best get out of his fucking way.  I knew he was a great player, but I also knew he was an asshole.  

Edited by jinx
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I was at the Rose bowl vs michigan. My (now) wife and i went alone, and pre partied with about 10ish Michigan fans parked next to us. They were awesome. Also, post game, we were parked on the golf course way up north and knew it would take some time to get out. Partied with them some more.

Michigan fans, from my brief encounter, seem like actual humans.

The wife and I had a similar experience at the Fiesta Bowl in ‘09. Two drunk Michigan fans next to us and OSU fans in front of us. Ended up partnering up with the Michigan dudes to bank a shit ton of beers for when they stopped selling at the beginning of the fourth quarter and then started shit with the OSU fans the moment Quan hit the end zone. I saw those guys on the way out propping each other up. Pretty likely that they went to jail that night.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

In fairness to every OL at Texas since, it's a lot easier to play OL when the DL knows that, if they don't contain, your QB is going to take it 60 years for a TD.

Yep. And #10 might just do it anyway, even if they do contain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

The one thing that I hate more than anything else is that that stupid helicopter parent mother fucker was right about Herman in the end. That said he will always be a cunt, I don’t care how much I dislike the head coach, my kids are going to Texas. Tom Herman could shove my grandfathers T ring up a strippers asshole while shitting on his grave and my kids would still go to fucking Texas. FUCK.THE.BROCKS. Wouldn’t take them even if they wanted to transfer here

home alone jump GIF by Yiannimize

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, jinx said:

I was in school at the same time as a Brockermeyer.  We both had a class at the same time in Garrison Hall I think.  One of those buildings kind of set in the side of a hill near mid campus.  That asshole would come barreling down the hill on his 10 speed like Lance Armstrong at 18 mph and you best get out of his fucking way.  I knew he was a great player, but I also knew he was an asshole.  

Peter Gardere almost ran over my roommate with his car barreling down the hill on 21st Street from Speedway to the stadium in '89.  LULZ

2 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Careful now, some Cock sniff on here will tell you that the Brocks don’t owe you anything and they miiiiiiiiiight come back here, if not for your post. And then three other dumbfucks will pile on.  

I’m with you, hope the Brocks get grey shirted.

You said that Quinn Ewers "can fuck off". A class of 2022 guy that hasn't signed shit yet. Who is not a football legacy. That I very much do not want to fuck off. Don't get it twisted and assume that I think that whatever is posted here sways any of these kids - I just find certain remarks a bit tasteless. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Brock kept moving the fucking goalposts for what Texas needed to provide because he’s a whiny fucking cunt. 

True. But when I first met Boulware while he was recruiting for OU, I told him I also went to Texas about the same time he did and he was more of a dick than he was before. I wasn’t joking with him or anything. He was just an unprofessional ass. 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

I was at the Rose bowl vs michigan. My (now) wife and i went alone, and pre partied with about 10ish Michigan fans parked next to us. They were awesome. Also, post game, we were parked on the golf course way up north and knew it would take some time to get out. Partied with them some more.

Michigan fans, from my brief encounter, seem like actual humans.

Agreed. Didn’t see or hear anything at all obnoxious from them at that game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This has probably been brought up, but would hiring a HS coach from AZ (Jason Mohns-Saguaro) hurt UT with Texas HS coaches more than it would help elsewhere? Everyone was in agreement that hiring Jeff Traylor was a good strategic move, and there have been other examples in recent years involving other schools making a moves like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MoJames said:

Well I've only used the mascot once. 

It was discussing Flood being a reach, but seeing more and more flow out, I'm hopeful that we get what we want in our Oline coach.

isv6oxi9a.jpg

Killer Katrin is a goat and the Reddit dedicated to her has great content 

Looked at the official thread and noticed a familiar name, one Tim Brewster...thought he was probably old by now, and sure enough wiki says he is 60.  Wiki says he recruited Vince.  Is there a serious chance for Tim? I think it would be a great tie-in between the Vince era and today if he were hired.  

53 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This has probably been brought up, but would hiring a HS coach from AZ (Jason Mohns-Saguaro) hurt UT with Texas HS coaches more than it would help elsewhere? Everyone was in agreement that hiring Jeff Traylor was a good strategic move, and there have been other examples in recent years involving other schools making a moves like that. 

Gideon is already part of this staff which already helps with Texas coaches. Winning does too.

4 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

TE Coach: “OK, you’re headed over there to work with the O-line coach and then you’ll go across the way to work with the WR coach. I’ll be here tweeting at recruits if you need me.”

That is brilliant.  It is certainly better than "Brewer you're with the 1s, the rest of y'all grab a tackling dummy."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No, his oft-injured ass shit-talked Texas and attempted to recruit UT commits in a UT commit text string to Bama as he talked up the SEC. He can fuck off too. I hope the players flame out and have to go play for daddy at SMU to finish their two shitty careers as eventual non-entities. 

Haven't we all?  What's his handle here?  Tom Herman and his regime was ass.  Look, i get it.  Its one thing to not come its another to recruit away from us.  For that i can get with dogging the traitor.  The counter is he is 18 years old and has to live with his cunt of a father as a mentor.  I won't shed a tear if he doesn't come but given his level of judgement to date i could see his immature ass also decide the party has changed locations and that he chose poorly.  If he doesn't i hope we pound his ass when we see him on the field.   

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. Didn’t see or hear anything at all obnoxious from them at that game. 

One thing you have to take into account; as a general rule, away traveling fans are not the norm. Throw in the Bowl traveling fans and then add Pasadena and you are thoroughly narrowing down the pool. You’re not going to get the Grade A -assholes we got in Columbus in 04. 

Even the hokie fans on Bourbon were fine during Sugar Bow week back in the 90’s when we blew a nice halftime lead. 

ive traveled to a number of away games, and bowl games and the difference is night and day from what you get. Just my observation