Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

I'd really like him on staff for recruiting, but if he's demanding play calling responsibilities and oregon will give him that, you just have to move on. The recruiting isn't worth sacrificing the entire defense.

We’ve had plenty of defenses with promising 4 and 5 stars out there look lost in Big 12 play. Need an architect and steady playcaller, first.

13 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Someone on 247 post mentioned Marques Tuiasosopo (Cal TE coach) if Banks doesn't come. Roach said they have someone checking on it.Tuiasosopo coached with Sark at Washington and then followed him to USC with the Associate Head Coach title.

https://247sports.com/coach/Marques-Tuiasosopo-1762/

Polynesian ties?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I know the Nebraska game had everyone rightfully jumping all over the offensive line, but the Bama tackle was a fluke hit on a speed option. Saddling them with that is ridiculous....Greg Davis on the other hand....

No, Colt was running for his life much of his 4 years, not a fluke, just a not so great OL. 

18 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Someone on 247 post mentioned Marques Tuiasosopo (Cal TE coach) if Banks doesn't come. Roach said they have someone checking on it.Tuiasosopo coached with Sark at Washington and then followed him to USC with the Associate Head Coach title.

I'll flat out admit I've never never heard of him before now but the moment I see some smaller program position coach get linked to one of our HC due to 'them having history' I automatically assume he fucking blows until proven otherwise. That is what the 2010s have done to me. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I'll flat out admit I've never never heard of him before now but the moment I see some smaller program position coach get linked to one of our HC due to 'them having history' I automatically assume he fucking blows until proven otherwise. That is what the 2010s have done to me. 

Aw man, he was one of the great "oh yeah, that guy" players in the 90s NFL. Consistently terrible Raiders backup QB with a fun-to-say name.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

How have you not been negged off yet?

You are whinier then Satya and not nearly the longevity. 

You've never heard of Tuiasosopo? Seriously....

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Hahahahahaha oh my fucking god no.  Cal fans would do backflips to get him out of town.  So so recruiter, so so coach, so so many mehs.  On the plus side, he’d be cheap, I think he makes $400k or so at Cal.

jesus, whoever suggested that should punch themselves in the face 

Edited by Zhorn96
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aw man, he was one of the great "oh yeah, that guy" players in the 90s NFL. Consistently terrible Raiders backup QB with a fun-to-say name.

Oh that is the old Raiders/Jets QB?? God that takes me back. Announcers used to have way too much fun just saying his name as much as possible whenever he was in the game. Rest of this offensive staff is going to be absolutely beastly regardless of which WR coach target we end up with so if he is at least a solid recruiter it probably doesn't matter what other shortcomings he has. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

12 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Hahahahahaha oh my fucking god no.  Cal fans would do backflips to get him out of town.  So so recruiter, so so coach, so so many mehs.  On the plus side, he’d be cheap, I think he makes $400k or so at Cal.

jesus, whoever suggested that should punch themselves in the face 

If he makes 400k, he would be among the highest paid TE coaches. This list is from 2019, so I’m sure salaries have gone up, but probably not that much.

https://footballscoop.com/news/highest-paid-tight-ends-coaches-college-football/

Edited by Texas Wahoo

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If he makes 400k, he would be among the highest paid TE coaches. This list is from 2019, so I’m sure salaries have gone up, but probably not that much.

https://footballscoop.com/news/highest-paid-tight-ends-coaches-college-football/

He has been an OC in the past and had a rep since he coached at SC and UW... both fan bases were delighted when he left.  Started at Cal as QB coach if I remember right... dicey.  Shifted to TEs... meh.  You’d hope he’d have decent NW or Poly connections for recruiting... meh.  Hard.  Pass.

Cal’s total assistant pool is under $4m I think and $400k for TE coach grates.  

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

Just want to throw it out there while we're shitting on his actual coaching ability that his family was involved in the Lennay Kekua/Manti Teo shit so anything we can do to avoid that by all costs is probably for the best

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You're a n00b, so here's the deal. No politics outside the 'Cloak Room' subforum. If you post shit like what you see above, you will be negged to Bolivia.

Ah didn't think it ventured into politics since it was just a goofball but better safe than sorry. Gotcha and will adjust :D

edit: Also very fitting username since you're right, I didn't haha. Guess you can't delete posts once they've been quoted, but either way thanks for heads up. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

He has been an OC in the past and had a rep since he coached at SC and UW... both fan bases were delighted when he left.  Started at Cal as QB coach if I remember right... dicey.  Shifted to TEs... meh.  You’d hope he’d have decent NW or Poly connections for recruiting... meh.  Hard.  Pass.

Cal’s total assistant pool is under $4m I think and $400k for TE coach grates.  

Listen, motherfucker: no matter what you say, Tuiasosopo has STRONG POLYNESIAN TIES!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1