Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, Modessit said:

Saban giving Sark props for staying focused after taking the job "as head coach of the University of Texas". Nice of Saban to remind everyone of where Sark is going. Could've just said "after taking a new job".

He knows few other schools command the same level of attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

Checked all MIA area outbounds and, for Austin, Bergstrom, Exec, HSB, Georgetown and San Marcos. Obviously a new one into any can be scheduled sometime between now and tomorrow morning, but this is the only one I found. 
Maybe they're flying into Houston to drop off pole assassin first to make some cash.

53 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:
Checked all MIA area outbounds and, for Austin, Bergstrom, Exec, HSB, Georgetown and San Marcos. Obviously a new one into any can be scheduled sometime between now and tomorrow morning, but this is the only one I found. 

Maybe they're flying into Houston to drop off pole assassin first to make some cash.

Good idea. James Harden keeps half of Houston's joint afloat by himself.

3 hours ago, gaspar said:

Just hope Sark get enough time (away from the UT BMD and LHN bs) to be able to scheme against defenses like he’s probably getting at Alabama. 

Why wouldn’t he? That’s a fucking stupid talking point. You should have thrown in “LHN commitments,” as if either TV or boosters eat up a lot of a Texas HC’s time. They don’t.

Tom Herman and Charlie Strong lost exactly zero games because of their off-field job demands. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, gaspar said:

Just hope Sark get enough time (away from the UT BMD and LHN bs) to be able to scheme against defenses like he’s probably getting at Alabama. 

The only coach that ever bitched about this was FUPM.  Every coach deals with this shit.  LHN, a Tuscaloosa access channel, TCU today, Jayhawk Football, etc. Same demands, just our crap may be a nicer studio and the coach shoulders the burden of speaking with Galindo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Who dis:

image.png.302a24517751ae218edaf67b5b4241fd.png

MSFHorn used to be pretty connected. Haven’t seen posts from him in a long time, but it’s worth noting. He’d know shit that the $9.95ers wouldn’t from the booster side, provided there is something there to know. 

8 hours ago, Teryor said:

Nahlin's an asshole for waiting till after the game to say that it isn't Golding

8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

You assume he knows anything. Recent data points suggest most are on the dark now. 

Yep. The Golding thing was bullshit the whole way, as some of us suspected and posted about all along. It was just this dipshit trying create a scenario of correlation that wasn’t there. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Hard pass on Coleman. There’s no data to points to support him other than “Sark likes him”. Widen the search  if Wiggins and Simmons said no. 

"Sark likes him" looks like a pretty good data point for anything having to do with offense 

• Hook 'Em 2

So - if its not Golding, and Scott isn't coming with him, why the fuck is Sark ghosting Corey Raymond?

Is Steele really the choice here?

I know the OL has been dog shit for years and that hire is incredibly important - but the DC hire has to be the most important one Sark makes on this first staff, right?  A few of the bigger names have already made decisions on their futures - did Muschamp saying 'no' cause this process to reset, and with Sark preparing for Title Game cause a 'pause' on the search.  Am I being a little saty bitch expecting all of the hires to be wrapped up by today? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So - if its not Golding, and Scott isn't coming with him, why the fuck is Sark ghosting Corey Raymond?

I know the OL has been dog shit for years and that hire is incredibly important - but the DC hire has to be the most important one Sark makes on this first staff, right?  A few of the bigger names have already made decisions on their futures - did Muschamp saying 'no' cause this process to reset, and with Sark preparing for Title Game cause a 'pause' on the search.  Am I being a little saty bitch expecting all of the hires to be wrapped up by today? 

yes, but definitely warranted as we all are feeling the same way. 🤘🏼

ill allow it GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Any chance Gerry makes shit up

20 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Yes, but still a lower chance than most other $9.95ers.

The guy doesn’t make shit up. If he’s guessing, or doesn’t know, he’ll phrase or say so accordingly. 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Doubtful 

Recruits probably texted Carrington. My guess is Thompson, Stewart, and maybe Blue 

Exactly. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

yeah my fear is that Sark and Muschamp had talked about putting a defensive staff together, Sark got hired, then Muschamp changed his mind for whatever reason, and Sark went off and started hiring defensive personnel without a new DC and now is struggling to find a DC who won't insist on hiring his own people.

My hope is that it's still Muschamp or some other DC already in mind and they are waiting on timing for some reason 

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

C'mon man, you're smarter than that to believe that Sark ignored one of if not the best CB coach in the country. More to that story I would imagine.