Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Think there should be some NFL names in the mix. I know that Patricia name is out there (gross) but I bet the DC is going to come straight out of left field. Also you left off Golding but that feels unlikely now

I think Golding was only ever going to happen if Pruitt was fired by Fake-UT and avoided catching a show cause or otherwise getting caught up in the stink of that scandal. Sounds like Pruitt is absolutely fucked and fully implicated in whatever nonsense they had going on down there, though. 

Minor silver lining with Arnett is if LSU is trying this hard to get him maybe they bend and let him bring that CB coach? Even if they won't force him out it might make them bid a bit less hard to keep him anyway. 

That Eltife fellow's pretty face appeared on the stream briefly and then disappeared.  I wait, with stiff anticipation, for my eyes to be blessed in this way again.  BTW, is it El-Teef or El-Tee-Fay?   

Edited by GTA-Horn

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Assuming LSU doesn't fuck it up again - and Arnett to LSU goes through - who is left at DC?

Muschamp is taking a gap year

Freemen left Cincy for ND after fucking around with LSU

Odom decided to stay at Arkansas

Quinn stayed NFL

Derek Mason went to Auburn

Kevin Steele to Tenn

Jim Leonhard is a Wisconsin lifer who literally has badger blood.

DJ Durkin killed a kid

Chris Ash is still available.

If we're jumping in with the 9.95'ers and just throwing shit against the wall at this point:

• Todd Grantham, Florida (if Mullen leaves, though last I saw rumors were shot down that the Jets were interviewing him)
  • Jay Bateman, UNC Co-DC
  • Antonio Pierce, ASU Co-DC 
  • Chad Staggs, Coastal Carolina

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Think there should be some NFL names in the mix. I know that Patricia name is out there (gross) but I bet the DC is going to come straight out of left field. Also you left off Golding but that feels unlikely now

Money whip Elko to the point he publicly tells aggyland he's leaving for Austin. Then pull the offer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

If we're jumping in with the 9.95'ers and just throwing shit against the wall at this point:

• Todd Grantham, Florida (if Mullen leaves, though last I saw rumors were shot down that the Jets were interviewing him)
  • Jay Bateman, UNC Co-DC

Only thoughts I have are that Florida fans absolutely fucking hate Grantham and would be overjoyed if anyone took him off their hands and that Pierce would fucking clean up recruiting to Texas.

Just now, Teryor said:

Only thoughts I have are that Florida fans absolutely fucking hate Grantham and would be overjoyed if anyone took him off their hands and that Pierce would fucking clean up recruiting to Texas.

I would rather keep Ash. Grantham is worse than Orlando. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Assuming LSU doesn't fuck it up again - and Arnett to LSU goes through - who is left at DC?

Muschamp is taking a gap year

Freemen left Cincy for ND after fucking around with LSU

Odom decided to stay at Arkansas

Quinn stayed NFL

Derek Mason went to Auburn

Kevin Steele to Tenn

Jim Leonhard is a Wisconsin lifer who literally has badger blood.

DJ Durkin killed a kid

Chris Ash is still available.

Not to be a boom or bust guy he he makes the most sense on this list at this point and the $9.95 crowd has actually admitted they have no clue. Sark has fired Ash guys and Boom has the worst excuse of all the guys on that list save maybe Odom. 

6 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

• Jay Bateman, UNC Co-DC

Antonio Pierce would bring recruiting to a scary level

12 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

Not disagreeing, but please explain. I've never even heard of Pierce.

Aside from recruiting, how would he be as a DC for development, game day, etc?

9 year NFL veteran, pro bowler and super bowl winner. Her has cache with the players and their parents. No idea how is as a coach.