Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

since I’m not a reporter. ..... So hopefully the actual reporters fact check and either confirm or debunk it and make me a fool.

List of Actual Reporters covering Texas Football:

Not a god damn one

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

So this week Arnett had interviews with Oregon on Monday and LSU today and left both without taking the job. Who was it that said we'd have a coach announced on Wednesday?

Sark will ask one question in the interview.

”can you hold OU under 40?”

if the answer is yes, Sarks offense should be good

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Sark will ask one question in the interview.

”can you hold OU under 40?”

if the answer is yes, Sarks offense should be good

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401237119

He "held" Sark to 34! Last td was a pick-6. That's as good as anyone else managed against Bama this year and with no help at all from the Pirate's offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Let’s be honest if Arnett is the guy, don’t get it twisted, Sark knows what Defense gave him the most problems and if he chooses him that means Arnett was a pain to gamelan for and kept him up more than others. Plus with Arnett running multi defenses I feel gives us an advantage cause it’s hard to know what’s coming..

I love the Arnett hire if it happens and if you get a great DB coach sign me up...Sark has me ready and he hasn’t even done anything 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Let’s be honest if Arnett is the guy, don’t get it twisted, Sark knows what Defense gave him the most problems and if he chooses him that means Arnett was a pain to gamelan for and kept him up more than others. Plus with Arnett running multi defenses I feel gives us an advantage cause it’s hard to know what’s coming..

I love the Arnett hire if it happens and if you get a great DB coach sign me up...Sark has me ready and he hasn’t even done anything 

It's probably not fair to Arnett but I still have ptsd from the last time we hired a 30something wunderkind dc after a year at miss state 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Sark knows what Defense gave him the most problems and if he chooses him that means Arnett was a pain to gamelan for and kept him up more than others

This is a good point, but also might be false comfort.  It doesn't mean jack shit which defense was best against a Sark offense.  The Texas defense will never play a Sark offense.  He needs a DC that can play against Lincoln Riley's offense. 

I feel, in retrospect, that was one of Herman's mistake with Orlando.  I remember a quote when Herman was hired about how he wanted a 3-4  defense because that formation gave his offense trouble.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This is a good point, but also might be false comfort.  It doesn't mean jack shit which defense was best against a Sark offense.  The Texas defense will never play a Sark offense.  He needs a DC that can play against Lincoln Riley's offense. 

I feel, in retrospect, that was one of Herman's mistake with Orlando.  I remember a quote when Herman was hired about how he wanted a 3-4  defense because that formation gave his offense trouble.  

True. Great point. 
let’s hope with his experience and just the people he’s worked under and conversations he’s had with two of college footballs best defensive coaches (Saban & Carroll) he’s gained a lot of knowledge when it comes to hiring a DC.. 

27 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

If he was watching film, it means Arnett did good things against non-Bama offenses.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

No one has mentioned Sarks mentor. Norm Chow was a genius in his day. I for one cannot wait to see the offense unleashed.

yeah. I mean, we have actually been bitching about our offense since GDGD. That’s for 20 motherfucking years.  I’m pretty excited about the way things are looking. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fuck that. He might take it. 

And that would be bad because?

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Per LSU 247, Arnett wasn't offered the job. 

Which isn't shocking to me if it's true. Ed. O has been insistent on a 4-3 since Aranda left. This always seemed like a weird fit. 

So Ed just fired his friend Bo who ran the 4-3 and completely sucked ass at it in the new and improved SEC offense and now thinks he should go out and find someone else to run the same thing? Something about insanity definitely applies here.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Fwiw a MSU 247 mod said the hold up with Arnett is the extension he signed and MSU saying they will not take a dime less that his contract buyout. Not sure how big it is but I’m sure if he’s the guy or shouldn’t be an issue

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

tenor (2).gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1