Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

So we announced a new HC today and the only legit news about the staff was from our own CTJ confirming Flood, Wiggins, and Milwee from his Bama contacts?

Yeah, the 9.95 brigade is completely in the dark and it looks like one has an in with Sark and co...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

Did we ever really think that Dipshit Mehringer was going to teach our wide receivers something remotely of value?

cfb8d3c6674701100f0c1fadb1335ee5.jpg

Fyi... sometimes fact is funnier than fiction 😁

FAU: Bruce Feldman tweets that Michael Johnson, who was on Willie Taggart’s staff at Oregon and coached the receivers at Mississippi State in 2019, will join the program as co-offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach, Drew Mehringer will continue to serve as co-offensive coordinator and will move from receivers to tight ends coach and analyst Joey Thomas is being promoted to coach the receivers.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, GTA-Horn said:

HC = Sark

Co-OC/OL = Flood

Co-OC/QB = Millwee

AHC/RB = Drayton

Outside WR = Wiggins

Inside WR/TEs = Coleman

DC/LB = Ash or ?

DT = Davis

DE = Giles

DB = Joseph

ST/S = Gideon

No. Ash/Giles has the same chance I do getting on this staff. And I bet Coleman is an analyst and I don’t think Gideon is coaching safeties 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Me too. Surprised we didn’t. I mean, I’m blown away that the entire staff wasn’t announced last night just before the game to make the biggest splash, but nothing as of now is also a surprise. 

surprised a little but this was Sark's day.  I would expect announce most of the new staff tomorrow, Thurs, Fri because they need to get recruiting asap but I think it is coordinated to get some pub through the week. Sat and Sun doesn't matter because the NFL will dominate.

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Is that a luggage tag on EJs shoe? Is that a thing?
I honestly don’t follow the recruiting and 9.95 guys to know who is hated and who is less hated, except of course FCB. He can go screw.

There's a designer named Virgil Abloh that puts them on some of the shoes he does for Nike. I guess to make them look more exclusive or as part of a fashion statement. Pretty douchey imo. Basically a way of telling people how much money you spent on a pair of shoes. 

• Like 2

Is that a luggage tag on EJs shoe? Is that a thing?
I honestly don’t follow the recruiting and 9.95 guys to know who is hated and who is less hated, except of course FCB. He can go screw.

It is a thing. “Luxury” brand called Off-White. And the tag is a part of all of their shoes. Retail around tree fiddy. Seriously.
c7426319441507b6298089a3e9f75e3c.webp
Now back to the topic at hand.

Edit: ztejas beat me to it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

surprised a little but this was Sark's day.  I would expect announce most of the new staff tomorrow, Thurs, Fri because they need to get recruiting asap but I think it is coordinated to get some pub through the week. Sat and Sun doesn't matter because the NFL will dominate.

Careful now. We don't want him "to get some pub" and have Sark "Mike-Price" himself (the drinking binges even before the hooker stuff) and have him "Jump the Sark" on himself before he has the chance to do great things here.  LULZ

Hook'Em!

22 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

No. Ash/Giles has the same chance I do getting on this staff. And I bet Coleman is an analyst and I don’t think Gideon is coaching safeties 

Coleman is not an analyst, he is and will be coaching the wideouts.  There is no reason for you to be certain one way or another about Ash/Giles.  

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

Not to confuse the point here, but didn’t Eagles have a ridiculously low shuttle time in high school? It was 3.99 seconds I think which is an elite time for running backs, which makes it even more impressive that he did it as a WR at like 6’4” 215 lbs. Damn, I wonder what an actually competent offensive scheme could’ve done for the dude, I think he probably could’ve succeeded in the slot as well.

Facts and great username

• Like 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Burton deserves respect, irrespective of whether anyone likes him. He is a pioneer in the $9.95 world, has mentored many in that space, conducts himself as a professional and has made himself millions of dollars more than once doing what he loves. I’ve dealt with him and consider him a solid professional. He has great sources. Was he Mack’s shill? Yeah, they were buddies. I can’t defend that. I know he loves UT though. Fun fact, he’s significantly older than me but we basically grew up in the same neighborhood. 

Ketchum is a piece of shit. Few people with less talent have had more success due to basically being the only person around at just the right time. He’s a poor man’s sports version of Ringo Starr or something, only I don’t think Ringo Starr is fundamentally corrupt.

Gerry learned the right habits under Burton and his personality and brains have taken him to fun career places.

Howe learned the right habits under Gerry and Burton but doesn’t have their talent or Gerry’s eye for evaluating. 

Nahlin has solid connections but just being a good recruiting and program reporter will never be enough and he can’t get out of his own way with his bullshit and bad habits. 

Chip Brown is, allegedly, a degenerate with habits and behaviors so egregious that they’ve led to him compromising the interests of the program for personal gain, or to keep the Russian mob from removing his knee caps. Crystal Conte having a relationship with FCB is a sign that Crystal still has a bunch of shit to learn. It’s fucking idiotic and a BMD or someone should have a fucking word with him. 

While Mike Roach and EJ Holland apparently think they had dinner with me, I’ve never met Roach. He does good hustle work and he’s affable, real affable. However, he’s clueless on the way all this works and how to handle risk with predictions.

Anyone working for Ketchum is a schmuck and the CFB equivalent of a smut peddler at best and pimped-out whore at worst.

Don’t know the rest of the IT guys but they seem alright, outside of Ian Boyd’s insipid and inane ramblings about various niche defensive calls made by Air Force or South Alabama or whatever draws his attention for the next 6,000 words spewed onto the screen with his name on it.

TFB seems okay when they stay in their lane.

To be clear, the $9.95ers do not think the Wiggins info is correct. Bama mods are not only not confirming it, but calling it bullshit. Hell, maybe he’s leaving Bama and not coming here. It should be fun to watch, as we’ve got ourselves a good old-fashioned source-off. I can’t wait to get trolled if my friend is wrong, but it’s hard for me to doubt even knowing the other data points. 

Did anyone ever figure out who Roach and EJ had dinner with? It was someone from the old board, but who? 

10 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Did anyone ever figure out who Roach and EJ had dinner with? It was someone from the old board, but who? 

Some combo of HP Slugga, rpongett , billinsinton and/or longhorn Matt. Miss anyone ?

Edited by jdhorn92

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Man I thought inside texas was going to have the juice with all the coaching search but they are absolutely grasping at straws. I think they got in with the BMDs more than the admin and aren’t getting fed shit at this point, while lap dog FCB is just being hand fed by CDC. What a strange turn of events

I need to go back and listen to the press conference, but FCB made a comment about already knowing Sark.  Wonder if that gave him an in. 

1 minute ago, Daichee Bell said:

I need to go back and listen to the press conference, but FCB made a comment about already knowing Sark.  Wonder if that gave him an in. 

I thought he mentioned Sean Adams and how Sean knew Sark and that he and Sean used to be on a radio show together. Or something like that.

7 hours ago, GTA-Horn said:

HC = Sark

Co-OC/OL = Flood

Co-OC/QB = Millwee

AHC/RB = Drayton

Outside WR = Wiggins

Inside WR/TEs = Coleman

DC/LB = Ash or ?

DT = Davis

DE = Giles

DB = Joseph

ST/S = Gideon

I doubt we will have two DL coaches, especially if we’re running three down. More likely to have two linebacker coaches (inside and outside).

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Months later he wrote his write-up of meeting me and describing me as some other worldly weirdo, I started getting texts in mockery from my asshole friends who knew the deal while I was overseas, and then the premise became a running joke on Shaggy. Shortly thereafter, EJ ran off to cover Notre Dame, immediately ran over the Texas fanbase, and hasn’t been seen since as far as I know. 

He also ran over basically every single one of his former co workers and bosses on the way out as well. Dude has stepped on too many toes to make it far at this point. Also is a complete fucking douche

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GeoffE said:

I thought he mentioned Sean Adams and how Sean knew Sark and that he and Sean used to be on a radio show together. Or something like that.

Yeah, that’s what it was. They had some tangential relationship. Thought that may have led to him getting the initial Sark info after being wrong on most stuff leading up to that. 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

QB - Milwee

Co-OC/OL - Flood

Co-OC/WR - Wiggins

RB - Drayton

TE - Coleman

DC/LB - ???

DL - Davis

S - Terry Joesph

CB - ???

Special Teams - Gideon

Minor thing but I bet Drayton retains his AHC title

1 minute ago, Fug said:

Minor thing but I bet Drayton retains his AHC title

i'm going to be really curious what happens with the AHC title - does it stay w/ Drayton? does he get a $$$ bump to give it up? Do they "overpay" someone else who would get the AHC title normally but it stays w/ Drayton?

EJ came out to louisville to watch rondale moore just after he committed to us. On his next podcast he described Louisville as a shitty town with no ice cream. There is a graeter's about a block from trinity high school. What a douchebag.

• Haha 4

Just now, Newy25 said:

That’s your takeaway from that episode? His lack of ice cream knowledge? How about the fact that EJ thought Moore was a poor evaluation by the staff and a bad football prospect? 

Well I never listened to it for his football takes. He would latch onto certain recruits and then disregard anyone else. He gargled Waddles balls and didn't think anyone else could play ball. I liked listening to roach try to find his place in the profession. He had an eagerness that was endearing and refreshing.