Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wait, do people here actually still think there's a chance that Banks is coming to coach at Texas? 

Surely it's just that everyone likes talking about the stripper + pet sex monkey combo, since no one knows jack shit about the remaining coaching hires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have a better idea. Instead of having Burt or Fud moderate, why don't we start a 3 man front thread and then every mouth-breathing dipshit who shows up arguing stupid, ignorant shit and demonstrating a toddler's understanding of football, we just move the whole thread and lock them in the Purgatory forum with TTomTerrific and any other misfit toy that breathes exclusively through their mouths and eats paste. Because you can't fix stupid, but you might able to trap it in a cage and then set it on fire. 

Um sir...this is wendy's. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Cliff notes on today?

Nothing new on coaching search at all. 

Milwee, Joseph, and Gideon are on campus but those were all basically confirmed anyway. Flood is flying in today/tonight. Bo Davis is ALSO on campus which is nice to see because there had been chatter this weekend he might weigh other options.

Sark meeting wish Boulware (surprising because most of us thought he was fired?) and Giles today. hopefully just to offer them analyst positions. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

And your account screams Texas fan so lets go ahead and wrap this TE search up now. 

I followed her so she could just be following back. 

But she just changed her twitter name from "Alabama" to something completely different that isn't Alabama related. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

But she just changed her twitter name from "Alabama" to something completely different that isn't Alabama related. 
To what? She's also got another twitter account for her stripper stuff. 1stladynakeddreams or something like that.

Nm. Saw it posted.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:
6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

To what? She also got another twitter account for her stripper stuff. 1stladynakeddreams or something like that.

...or something like that ....

veronica mars wink GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Leanderman said:

Really surprised there has been no chatter on what RC is doing these days and why he has not been considered for DC? Gee how soon we forget the great ones (tounge in cheek).

From what I understand, Sark didn't offer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

That would surprise me.  Howe is fine, but he goes decidedly against IT's style of thinking they're writing real journalism that is proofread and (intended to be) witty.  Nahlin and Co's jokes don't always land, but they're always trying to turn a phrase and captivate their reader.  Howe's work, on the other hand, is basically a recursion of his self:  large amounts of pabulum pumped out and plopped guilelessly in front of an audience.

You're making too broad of an assumption about who calls the shots over there, I'm guessing. Just guessing though.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Yep.  Tom was the opposite of Charlie.  Said the right things in the right ways.  Who knew he was a phony. 

I did. I had the bad luck to witness it with my own eyes in my own neighborhood while his dumb ass was HC at UH. 

The bigger issue is that when a new coach is brought on, fans want to believe. I was happy with the Strong hire right up until the Watson hire, then I was out. Maybe that's a quick hook, but I became a cynic regarding UT football during the end of the Mack Reign. I was irritated with the Herman hire because I was fantasizing about hiring, wait for it, Justin Fuente. That said, I viewed the Herman outcome as an obvious inevitability and figured out a way to get excited about it. Then he hired Tim Beck and Casey Horny and fuck that guy. I got excited by his recruiting at times, but what a deflating fuckface he was. My first reaction to Sarkisian was that this hiring was a clusterfuck. I've since rationalized my way into being excited. I'm hoping to maintain that outlook until we lose to Louisiana, so I need his staff to be promising. 

Anyway, I guess I digressed. 

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Paging @closetojumping. Is flood riding 4 deep or solo? Inquiring minds want to know. 

CTJ: "You got any update on your boys packing their shit up and heading out of town? Do you know if they're gone yet?" 

BamaBuddy: "Nope"

I also didn't go back last night and ask for clarity if Wiggins was leaving and coming to Texas or somewhere else, or to doublecheck. I'd prefer not to have my friend "lose" my number by finding out that I am a dipshit posting his updates on SurlyHorns.com so here's to hoping he's right and us fucking around and finding out.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Probably in the minority here but.....I'm just gonna say if the ole hot wife/significant other thing about coaches ability to recruit is at all accurate........Banks must be an awesome bag man because she doesn't inspire me on his recruiting skills.....bleh

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

• Hook 'Em 2