Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

ever clear only?

wtf?

naw man you want to fill it with this stuff and the juice of 1 lime...

c09cc368f00f3be1f7cd5b5fdea13fa3.jpg

good shit $20 a liter

Is this supposed to be generic Casamigos?  Can you buy it in Texas?  If so, I am buying a bottle tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be generic Casamigos?  Can you buy it in Texas?  If so, I am buying a bottle tomorrow. 
I get it in fl. at the costco in altamont springs seminole county. thats orlando. dont know if they have it in tx. its goooood. got wasted on it during the game with grand marnier n lime margaritas. what was the final score lulz
3cd2167a1b66c6ed44899d9302619d1f.jpg0ba9d51c79116033a417a830322afc8b.jpg992fda3db9de187f46c7a9b8ee6f4ee9.jpgthis is how much we drank

133800eb67f099fd341d8e63dfbe8e84.jpg wheeeee
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm surprised he's basically given competitors a complete heads up that they have a day to scoop him so he must be extremely confident they won't figure it out, or FCB is just a fucking idiot, betting on the latter
Or he's been told that he'll be told tomorrow afternoon. He knows he doesn't have to work for it, so he's probably jerking off to some capuchin videos.

Oh, and Fuck Chip Brown.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guys, Nicole’s story was a double entendre.

That night, she was a margarita drinking machine. Canasta (her pussy’s pet-name) is a multiplayer card game that requires multiple “decks”. The entire apartment complex was fucked up = many drunk football players, and large portion of them got their rocks off after they tossed her into the hot tub. Of all the cocks she played with that night, Blake’s python, which she nicknamed Caesar for obvious reasons, is the one she remembers the most. It basically obliterated her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

That night, she was a margarita drinking machine. Canasta (her pussy’s pet-name) is a multiplayer card game that requires multiple “decks”. The entire apartment complex was fucked up = many drunk football players, and large portion of them got their rocks off after they tossed her into the hot tub. Of all the cocks she played with that night, Blake’s python, which she nicknamed Caesar for obvious reasons, is the one she remembers the most. It basically obliterated her.
which caesar? tiberus julius or caligua?

11 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
23 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

which caesar? tiberus julius or caligua?

Sid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Can't buy in Texas, only in states where you can buy liquor at the grocery stores. Asked for their whiskey about a week ago & the girl told me.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:
deleted tweet by Mitchell: "heading into my senior year goin onto my 4th diff coach ... no matter the situation I adapt and thrive. Imma baller. Call it what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️"

He could always follow them to whatever parking lot they end up at. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Brocks is most likely a no way in hell.. Ewers is way more optimistic... but then again it could just be the crunchie hippie im slamming talking..

Agree.  They have way too much pride to come back. Good luck with bill o brien

6 hours ago, futureman said:

Mother Nature is a cold bitch. 

Yea that wasn’t the amazon.   That was man manipulated.  Hopefully whoever owns that snake is in jail. This is also why you should never give animals away

Edited by closetohumping

6 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Looks like Ketch is saying Banks is close to being in. (2nd hand info from IT)

(January 13 - 10:35 p.m. - Geoff)

New Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has identified Alabama tight ends/special teams coach Jeff Banks as a must-have target for his new staff and the Longhorns could be on the verge of adding one of the most impactful recruiters in the nation.

Multiple sources with knowledge of Banks' situation at Alabama believe that it would take a significant increase from the $700,000+ per year he's already making at Alabama.

While a specific amount of the offer is unknown, we were told that it is believed to be substantial.

There's a sense behind the scenes that Banks could be on the cusp of accepting the offer as of Wednesday night.

Spoiler
Lol it was Ketch. You know it’s for some juice if he said Banks wasn’t close to coming unless something drastic changed.

No, what I said what was that the Bama people I spoke with believed it was dead.

I didn't speak to an Alabama source in the last 20 minutes,

Spoiler
What site did they get this from! They didn’t break this story! It was already talked about on the thread down below.

I believe IT reported Texas was still in the mix.

I'm reporting that Texas is more than in the mix.

Just an FYI.

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

(January 13 - 10:35 p.m. - Geoff)

New Texas coach Steve Sarkisian has identified Alabama tight ends/special teams coach Jeff Banks as a must-have target for his new staff and the Longhorns could be on the verge of adding one of the most impactful recruiters in the nation.

Multiple sources with knowledge of Banks' situation at Alabama believe that it would take a significant increase from the $700,000+ per year he's already making at Alabama.

While a specific amount of the offer is unknown, we were told that it is believed to be substantial.

There's a sense behind the scenes that Banks could be on the cusp of accepting the offer as of Wednesday night.

Hide contents
Lol it was Ketch. You know it’s for some juice if he said Banks wasn’t close to coming unless something drastic changed.

No, what I said what was that the Bama people I spoke with believed it was dead.

I didn't speak to an Alabama source in the last 20 minutes,

Hide contents
What site did they get this from! They didn’t break this story! It was already talked about on the thread down below.

I believe IT reported Texas was still in the mix.

I'm reporting that Texas is more than in the mix.

Just an FYI.

Show me the Monkey!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Brocks is most likely a no way in hell.. Ewers is way more optimistic... but then again it could just be the crunchie hippie im slamming talking..

not sure how many times I’m gonna have to tell you idiots. the brocks will be at texas.

urban, the brocks, other things, I’ve been right about it all. my “username checks out.” it’s time y’all stop acting like children and start giving me the credit I am due. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

I have a very hard time believing Sark can just take Flood and potentially Banks and Wiggins without Saban flipping his lid. 

I know Bama chick said his retirement will be a year long festival but I just don’t see a guy like him wanting that. I see him just announcing one day he’s done. Maybe O’Brien is really interviewing for the head coaching job. Far fetched, but sark taking a bunch of coaches is also unusual. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a very hard time believing Sark can just take Flood and potentially Banks and Wiggins without Saban flipping his lid. 

I know Bama chick said his retirement will be a year long festival but I just don’t see a guy like him wanting that. I see him just announcing one day he’s done. Maybe O’Brien is really interviewing for the head coaching job. Far fetched, but sark taking a bunch of coaches is also unusual. 

Bill could be hciw for all we know.   And I could see Nick leaving when Bryce Young does.   

16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It seems like he’s taking Flood and more than likely Banks due to the Coleman situation. But I have no fucking clue and neither does the 995ers. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Spitballin, but reasonable to suspect Banks kids live in Texas?

I think so..  CTJ mentioned yesterday that he and the wife were going through a divorce when he took off to Alabama, leaving her and the kids in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

Insight on Jeremy Pruitt’s situation at Tennessee from a somewhat reputable “insider” on their 247 page:

I believe Pruitt will be presented with all the findings of the investigation tomorrow. I believe he will be asked some tough questions. I believe if he lies or tries to cover anything up he will be fired with cause. If he tells the truth I believe he could still be fired or have a small chance of coming back depending on how severe those violations are. Based on things that I’ve heard, I do not believe he will survive this. I do not expect him to be fired right away unless he is ready to negotiate a buyout after the interview. There’s a lot of unknowns on how this meeting will go. What exactly do they present to him? How severe are the violations? How does he react? Does he lie? Etc.

I know I have been wrong on the timeline several times. That is because every time they get close to being done with this thing something new pops up and they have to follow up and look into it. There’s a reason they are interviewing Pruitt last. I do believe this is going to be wrapped up after tomorrow and a decision will be made no later than Sunday. Team meeting is Monday which is on par for starting the semester. I can’t imagine they let Pruitt do that meeting and fire him afterwards.

In the event he is fired, I believe Steele will be the interim coach. Yes Pruitt wanted him here and yes Pruitt hired him. Steele also understands the situation and what he was coming into as Chris Lowe explained today on the radio. Fulmer has done a phenomenal job holding this together with current players. Once this is all over I may go into more detail on some things. As of today based on what I think I know and have been told, I believe Pruitt has a 10% chance of surviving this. Nothing would shock me because it’s Tennessee. I think at this point with how badly Pruitt has been knee capped this offseason and how badly relationships have been damaged, it is best for Pruitt and the University to part ways. That’s JMO. Take it for what it’s worth. I can only tell you my opinion based off what I know. I’m ready for this to be over as I’m sure everyone is. Go Vols!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Insight on Jeremy Pruitt’s situation at Tennessee from a somewhat reputable “insider” on their 247 page:

I believe Pruitt will be presented with all the findings of the investigation tomorrow. I believe he will be asked some tough questions. I believe if he lies or tries to cover anything up he will be fired with cause. If he tells the truth I believe he could still be fired or have a small chance of coming back depending on how severe those violations are. Based on things that I’ve heard, I do not believe he will survive this. I do not expect him to be fired right away unless he is ready to negotiate a buyout after the interview. There’s a lot of unknowns on how this meeting will go. What exactly do they present to him? How severe are the violations? How does he react? Does he lie? Etc.

I know I have been wrong on the timeline several times. That is because every time they get close to being done with this thing something new pops up and they have to follow up and look into it. There’s a reason they are interviewing Pruitt last. I do believe this is going to be wrapped up after tomorrow and a decision will be made no later than Sunday. Team meeting is Monday which is on par for starting the semester. I can’t imagine they let Pruitt do that meeting and fire him afterwards.

In the event he is fired, I believe Steele will be the interim coach. Yes Pruitt wanted him here and yes Pruitt hired him. Steele also understands the situation and what he was coming into as Chris Lowe explained today on the radio. Fulmer has done a phenomenal job holding this together with current players. Once this is all over I may go into more detail on some things. As of today based on what I think I know and have been told, I believe Pruitt has a 10% chance of surviving this. Nothing would shock me because it’s Tennessee. I think at this point with how badly Pruitt has been knee capped this offseason and how badly relationships have been damaged, it is best for Pruitt and the University to part ways. That’s JMO. Take it for what it’s worth. I can only tell you my opinion based off what I know. I’m ready for this to be over as I’m sure everyone is. Go Vols!

I think that the investigation is an internal one just so they can find enough to fire him without paying the buyout. Since he is only making 3.8/year would an offer from Texas in the 2.5 range be enough for Tennessee to pay the remainder and not report any findings to the NCAA? 

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wiggins would be an odd fit given that Coleman appears to be getting the WR coaching job outright 

Saban is going to have to decide if he wants to pay up to keep Banks

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Wiggins would be an odd fit given that Coleman appears to be getting the WR coaching job outright 

Saban is going to have to decide if he wants to pay up to keep Banks

There’s also the slight issue of BoB being the OC. 

The Athletic: Four things Steve Sarkisian has to get right to turn Texas around his way

Relevant coaching part here:

1. Staff construction

Sarkisian offered no hints on Tuesday about who’s coming with him or when those hires will get wrapped up. But he and athletic director Chris Del Conte have talked a big game about the group of coaches the new head man is assembling. On the day of the coaching change, Del Conte teased that Sarkisian is working on a “super exciting” and “incredible” staff. He’s gotten quite a bit accomplished on that front since Jan. 2.

“We’ll hire a staff that is smart, that is bright, that has great personalities but yet has a tremendous work ethic so that we can achieve the greatness that we’re all striving for,” Sarkisian said.

Texas hasn’t announced any hires, but Sarkisian reportedly has Alabama colleagues A.J. Milwee and Kyle Flood on board for his offensive staff. Running backs coach Stan Drayton is being retained, and Sarkisian told the Austin American-Stateman that receivers coach Andre Coleman is staying on as well.

Bo Davis, Terry Joseph and Blake Gideon are reportedly on board for Texas’ defensive staff, though titles and responsibilities seem to still be a work in progress. The real mystery here, though, is what Sarkisian intends to do about his defensive coordinator hire.

Mississippi State’s Zach Arnett could end up being the pick. He’s not going to be the new defensive coordinator at LSU, as The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman reported, but Arnett is in the mix for Oregon’s vacancy. His 3-3-5 defense at San Diego State ranked No. 2 nationally in scoring (12.7 points per game allowed) in 2019. In his first season in Starkville, Mississippi State finished with a top-25 defense in takeaways and against the run. Arnett did ink an extension in mid-December, so swiping him likely requires paying a buyout. Alabama’s Pete Golding could be a contender, too, though you’d think such a hire would pretty much require Nick Saban’s blessing. And it’s possible Chris Ash, the man Texas is already paying $800,000 a year to be their defensive coordinator, should not be counted out.

Whoever the choice is, Sarkisian needs a defensive coordinator and two more assistant coaches. He’s also reportedly planning to bring in Cal strength coach Torre Becton and move on from Yancy McKnight. What the new head coach builds beyond those 11 roles matters a great deal, too. He knows the immense value of the deep support staff at Alabama, because that’s how he got back into coaching. So it’ll be interesting to see who he lures for analyst positions to boost the on-field staff.

Article:

Spoiler

Four things Steve Sarkisian has to get right to turn Texas around his way
By Max Olson Jan 13, 2021 19

All gas, no brakes. That’s been the promise from Steve Sarkisian as he takes over Texas.

Sarkisian arrived in Austin about 12 hours after winning a national championship at Alabama, and the buzz from that title game domination grants him some serious starting momentum as he gets to work on building up the Longhorns as fast as he possibly can.

“I don’t think it’s gonna take us as long as many might think,” Sarkisian said Tuesday. “We’ve got a talented young roster. I think we’re gonna hire a tremendous coaching staff and we’re gonna continue to recruit the best players in the state of Texas. I think as we start to look back, they’re gonna see our brand of football, they see the type of team we have, the close-knit camaraderie our team’s gonna have, the way our team works and then what we put on the field.

“People will want to join this, I promise you that. People are gonna want to be part of this program.”

Where must he start in trying to help a top-20 team pull off the big leap into Big 12 title and College Football Playoff contention? Here are four things Sarkisian addressed in his first day on campus that he’ll need to get right in order to get Texas rolling.

1. Staff construction

Sarkisian offered no hints on Tuesday about who’s coming with him or when those hires will get wrapped up. But he and athletic director Chris Del Conte have talked a big game about the group of coaches the new head man is assembling. On the day of the coaching change, Del Conte teased that Sarkisian is working on a “super exciting” and “incredible” staff. He’s gotten quite a bit accomplished on that front since Jan. 2.

“We’ll hire a staff that is smart, that is bright, that has great personalities but yet has a tremendous work ethic so that we can achieve the greatness that we’re all striving for,” Sarkisian said.

Texas hasn’t announced any hires, but Sarkisian reportedly has Alabama colleagues A.J. Milwee and Kyle Flood on board for his offensive staff. Running backs coach Stan Drayton is being retained, and Sarkisian told the Austin American-Stateman that receivers coach Andre Coleman is staying on as well.

Bo Davis, Terry Joseph and Blake Gideon are reportedly on board for Texas’ defensive staff, though titles and responsibilities seem to still be a work in progress. The real mystery here, though, is what Sarkisian intends to do about his defensive coordinator hire.

Mississippi State’s Zach Arnett could end up being the pick. He’s not going to be the new defensive coordinator at LSU, as The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman reported, but Arnett is in the mix for Oregon’s vacancy. His 3-3-5 defense at San Diego State ranked No. 2 nationally in scoring (12.7 points per game allowed) in 2019. In his first season in Starkville, Mississippi State finished with a top-25 defense in takeaways and against the run. Arnett did ink an extension in mid-December, so swiping him likely requires paying a buyout. Alabama’s Pete Golding could be a contender, too, though you’d think such a hire would pretty much require Nick Saban’s blessing. And it’s possible Chris Ash, the man Texas is already paying $800,000 a year to be their defensive coordinator, should not be counted out.

Whoever the choice is, Sarkisian needs a defensive coordinator and two more assistant coaches. He’s also reportedly planning to bring in Cal strength coach Torre Becton and move on from Yancy McKnight. What the new head coach builds beyond those 11 roles matters a great deal, too. He knows the immense value of the deep support staff at Alabama, because that’s how he got back into coaching. So it’ll be interesting to see who he lures for analyst positions to boost the on-field staff.

2. Recruiting

Newly hired Texas coach says the program must keep the best in-state players home: Check!

Like all of his predecessors, Sarkisian said all the right things about locking down the state and opening his doors to Texas high school coaches. The objective is obvious, just as it was after the last coaching change. There were 52 four- or five-star recruits in Texas in the class of 2021. Only six have signed with the Longhorns. Seven are going to Alabama. So he knows exactly what he’s up against.

There’s little he can do to change the dynamic in that 2021 cycle beyond working with Drayton to try to win the battle against Texas A&M for LJ Johnson, the No. 3 running back out of Houston who must decide soon as an early enrollee. The new staff will have to size up the roster needs and should contend for players in the transfer portal this offseason, but that’s about it for reinforcements coming to this No. 17 ranked transition class.

Time to get rolling on 2022. Those efforts began in surprising fashion on Tuesday with a verbal commitment from receiver Armani Winfield, a top-100 recruit in his class from Lewisville, Texas. Winfield was perceived to be an Ohio State lean going into the week. After watching the first half of the national title game, he called Coleman to say he was ready to commit. Sarkisian touted that new pledge at his presser as proof of the excitement about Texas football right now.

Texas’ former QB commit Quinn Ewers says he’s trying to build the best recruiting class ever for Ohio State. Who knows if Sark has a shot at winning over Ewers and convincing the No. 1 overall recruit to rejoin Texas’ class, but he has to go out and find recruits like Winfield who will embrace that same class-building mission. The first full recruiting cycles for Herman (No. 3) and Charlie Strong (No. 10) at Texas were loaded. The opportunity here is massive, even with the fierce competition coming from Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, LSU and all the other usual foes.

Sarkisian’s first full recruiting class at USC ranked No. 2 nationally — just barely behind Alabama in 247Sports’ rankings — and yielded Sam Darnold, Ronald Jones II, five more draft picks and a total of 10 players who made NFL rosters in 2020. That 2015 class also finished No. 5 in our recruiting re-rank four years later. That’s a good sign. Though Sarkisian only got to coach those players for five games, clearly he and his coaches identified the right guys and built consensus within their region (with 19 in-state signees) that USC was the place to be.

The big, unknowable question ahead: When can Texas’ new staff start getting these players to campus for visits? The NCAA recruiting dead period was extended through April 15, and there’s no telling when it’ll be safe enough to lift that restriction. In the meantime, they’ll have to get creative about how they forge these relationships and generate more momentum.

“Now it’s our job to capitalize on it and continue to build on that excitement so that flame doesn’t fizzle out,” he said. “We need that flame to continue to burn with excitement about Longhorn football.”

3. Player relationships

This topic goes without saying but is important to reinforce in the context of Texas’ coaching change. Any newly hired coach is going to espouse the usual lines about culture and family and all that good stuff in their introduction. But Sarkisian’s specific message on Tuesday should be quite encouraging to hear for Longhorn players before they return to campus next week.

“Everything we’re going to do in this program is gonna be centered around what is best for our players,” he said. “Our goal is to put our players in the best position to be successful, whether that’s in life, whether that’s on the football field or in the classroom. They will be the priority of our program and we’ll make sure we’ll have everything in place surrounding them to put them in the best position to do that.

“And I think that starts with building authentic relationships with them. I think it’s getting to know them, and that’ll be one of the key components here as I’m getting now on campus here of getting to know our football team, getting to know our players individually. Because I think it’s critically important to have that relationship for them to be able to open up to me and for me to be able to open up to them.”

Let’s hope he means it and makes good on that aim over the course of this offseason. Because this tweet from now-former Texas receiver Brennan Eagles, who’s going pro after three years in the program, is worth acknowledging.

Build genuine relationships, that’s all i ask. 🤘🏾 @CoachSark

— 🦅 (@_BrennanEagles_) January 12, 2021

Eagles doesn’t speak for everyone on his team. But when the big change went down on Jan. 2, you saw a lot of current Texas players tweeting about which assistant coaches they hoped would stay in Austin. You did not see many of them thanking Herman or mourning his downfall like you do at other programs going through these tough transitions. How many players were genuinely upset about the change and how many quietly welcomed it? It’s hard to know for sure and unfair to guess.

But put it this way: Look at the two programs that played for a Big 12 championship in 2020. When you ask Oklahoma and Iowa State players about the culture in their program, they rave about the authenticity of their head coach, the true family atmosphere inside their building and how their love for their coaches motivates them to play their hardest. It’s really hard to build a consistently successful program in this sport if the coach-player relationships are transactional instead of genuine.

Sarkisian needs to strike the right tone from Day 1 and earn this team’s respect. These players just went through a staff overhaul at the end of the 2019 season. Now it’s happening all over again. And if a one-time transfer exception eventually gets passed this year, it’s going to become even more convenient for players to bail if they get a bad vibe from this new staff.
4. ‘The Eyes of Texas’

Sarkisian got asked this question: Have you followed the debate over “The Eyes of Texas” and what are your thoughts? He responded with an answer that his new bosses no doubt prepped him for.

“I know this much, ‘The Eyes of Texas’ is our school song,” he said. “We support that song, we’re gonna sing that song and we’re gonna sing it proudly.”

That stance is going to please lots of Texas stakeholders, but how will it go over with his team? Again, it’s probably unfair to guess how that’s received in his locker room and whether this was a misstep on his part, since we don’t know the current state of Texas players’ feelings on the matter. The team captains who addressed this topic during the season — Sam Ehlinger and Ta’Quon Graham — have moved on.

It’s also hard to know whether Sarkisian thought it over and arrived at that conclusion, was repeating the company line he was told or doesn’t know enough about the matter. That third possibility would be understandable. But if he and his reps followed Texas’ issues during the 2020 season at all, surely this topic was raised before he accepted the job.

It’s probably fair to point out: Well, what was he supposed to say? If you shrug, say you’re the new guy here and you don’t know, you’re just going to keep getting asked about this in the months ahead. If you say you wish to talk it out with your team and see what they think, now you’ve created a problem with the people who just hired you. Maybe, among those bad options, this was the way to go for now.

So Sarkisian took the stance that he supports the alma mater while adding that it’s important he and his players have a dialogue about any issues that arise.

“We can’t put our head in the sand and act like things aren’t happening,” he said. “We have to really have those discussions with them and educate our players to make sure that we’re all on the same page and understanding that. I think sometimes there are tough discussions that need to happen. Without speaking too candidly, we’re living in a country right now where there’s some turmoil going on. But as long as we can have those discussions and be on the same page, we can do that.

“As it pertains to ‘The Eyes of Texas,’ that’s our song and we’re fired up to sing it.”

Hopefully, he’s aware of what he’s getting into here and knows to tread lightly. It’s important to not lose sight of the fact this is still ultimately an administration problem. It’s on president Jay Hartzell and Del Conte to fully settle this matter, not the football coach who just landed in town 24 hours ago or the team of 18- to 22-year-olds he hasn’t even met. This is and will continue to be an uncomfortable, complicated issue. But it’s one of the many challenges that come with being the head coach at a place like Texas.

Max Olson covers national college football for The Athletic. He previously covered the Big 12 and recruiting for ESPN.com. Follow Max on Twitter @max_olson.

• Hook 'Em 5