Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, Istian said:

There’s also the slight issue of BoB being the OC. 

BOB is an Easterby type, that's why he was brought in to PSU and Easterby to Houston.  Even though that move accelerated his demise I could easily see BOB not approving of Banks and his "friends".

No fucking shit. This site is quickly becoming fucking worthless.
We have a thread about the coaching staff that gets overrun with fucking diabetes, dumb fucking college stories and snakes eating fucking dogs and I have to sift through 90% fucking garbage just to find out about fucking coaching news in a thread clearly labelled as a coaching thread that included warnings about staying on topic.
There are a LOT of other places on this site that all of those topics can be discussed but apparently a bunch of fucksticks just can't keep themselves from fucking up regular threads with stupid shit.
Is there any board where this shit doesn't happen?

You must've loved the Urban or bust thread.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

BOB is an Easterby type, that's why he was brought in to PSU and Easterby to Houston.  Even though that move accelerated his demise I could easily see BOB not approving of Banks and his "friends".

BOB doesn't get to make those kinds of decisions.  Saban is going to decide who is and isn't on staff - and he clearly doesn't care how exotic his coaches girlfriends or pets are so long as they get it done in recruiting and on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.dac1ffb3b94b011cee6948c37340ef69.png

full list of recent follows for Gideon - main takeaway here is that there is nothing of note outside of Becton

g5fHCh1Y

further down is honestly just a bunch of high school players and Ole Miss recruits

Edited by NoName

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Are we about to have a million dollar TE coach?  It sounds like we may have offered Simmons that much - why wouldn't you make a similar offer to Banks?

small thing, i think they said Simmons was only offered like ~$250k more (so getting him from a little over $500k up to about $750k)

either way, Banks > Simmons I think

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Go pay FCB or Fat Katch 9.95 then.  This a site of a bunch of degenerates and there’s 0 fucking news as of right now.  The fuck you expect?  You get free info from all over the place in here and you’re bitching about having to sift through down time shit?  Fuck man.  

Once something of substance happens, you’ll fucking know.  This thread will jump 20 pages in an hour and Twitter will explode. 

Right, but by then I will have to spend 45 fucking minutes reading through bullshit to get tot he fucking part I care about.

Just because there is no news to report does not mean everyone should just fill the fucking space with frivolous fucking banter. Go to other threads. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

BOB doesn't get to make those kinds of decisions.  Saban is going to decide who is and isn't on staff - and he clearly doesn't care how exotic his coaches girlfriends or pets are so long as they get it done in recruiting and on the field.

It is logical to think as you do but people often underestimate the influence that "respected" and "good" men have on men of power when as they age want to see themselves as doing things the "right" way or also seen as a "good" man. Its a very subtle beginning to a demise as in the end it is a deviation from what got you to where you are.  Even worse they justify the demise in the name of goodness.  I'm not saying its happening here but a crack in the damn starts small. 

Edited by RollLeft

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Right, but by then I will have to spend 45 fucking minutes reading through bullshit to get tot he fucking part I care about.

Just because there is no news to report does not mean everyone should just fill the fucking space with frivolous fucking banter. Go to other threads. 

Sounds like something day crew would say

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

How do I put a poster on ignore from a mobile phone on the web site? I can’t take Phlem anymore. 

Holy shit I was losing my fucking mind. 

Click on the three white bars at the top right, then account, then ignored users. Copy and paste MrPhlegm into that bar, because there’s not really a search function to find users. 

there is a search function I was typing it in wrong. Just type in Mr

Edited by Ok. Caol Hook Em!
dumb
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I think that the investigation is an internal one just so they can find enough to fire him without paying the buyout. Since he is only making 3.8/year would an offer from Texas in the 2.5 range be enough for Tennessee to pay the remainder and not report any findings to the NCAA? 

This. Tennessee wants to fire him but they don't want to pony up the $13 million or whatever it is to do it. I imagine their meeting with him is more of a negotiation/shake down than anything else. Both parties know they need to part ways, it's just a matter of how messy  the divorce will be.

I don't know how this goes down with the NCAA. If Tennessee had Pruitt's back then they would likely just treat it like a bump in the road and move on. It's going to be interesting to see how much damage they are willing to self-inflict to save some cash. Also I'm not sure how they do this investigation and not report it to the NCAA? They need to do some Baylor level record keeping on this one. 

That entire program is a disaster. People think Texas is dysfunctional? That place is a train wreck inside of a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

We have a thread about the coaching staff that gets overrun with fucking diabetes, dumb fucking college stories and snakes eating fucking dogs and I have to sift through 90% fucking garbage just to find out about fucking coaching news in a thread clearly labelled as a coaching thread that included warnings about staying on topic.

There are a LOT of other places on this site that all of those topics can be discussed but apparently a bunch of fucksticks just can't keep themselves from fucking up regular threads with stupid shit.

Somebody hasn’t had their coffee yet

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Next time just do what I do when there is 10-15 pages worth of stuff to sift through, look for tweets, screenshots, pictures.  Anytime this thing blows up it’s usually due to a 9.95 screenshot or embedded tweet. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I just want to know if the average Texas fans is willing to forgive Pruitt of his sins and receive that prodigal son?  Dude is a legit DC.  Why do I get the feeling that Sark is not clear that Texas does not operate on the level of the SEC in terms of how "things" are done.  On the one hand i'm glad but on the other hand its a very new position for the average Texas fan to be in.  The thought of hiring an investigated Pruitt in and of itself will be a new one for the fanbase.  If he is on Sarks list ultimately I can see framing this as his redemption tour under Texas' tight control  but as you throw in Banks I sense the collective set of eyebrows on the scale of judgement start to rise.  Interesting times.      

Edited by RollLeft

5 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Next time just do what I do when there is 10-15 pages worth of stuff to sift through, look for tweets, screenshots, pictures.  Anytime this thing blows up it’s usually due to a 9.95 screenshot or embedded tweet. 

This.  Just scroll the thread until you see some tweets (if they're important they'll get posted and reposted 4 or 5 times) - or search for any references to 'Ear to the ground' or 'Oatmeal Creme Pie Tits' (any and all variations of) or 'FCB', or 'Bobby'.

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I just want to know if Texas fans are willing to forgive Pruitt of his sins and receive that prodigal son.  Dude is a legit DC.  Why do I get the feeling that Sark is not clear that Texas does not operate on the level SEC in terms of how "things" are done.  On the one hand i'm glad but on the other hand its a very new position for the Texas fans to be in.  The thought of hiring Pruitt in and of itself will be new for the fanbase and ultimately think they could swallow it but as you throw in Banks I sense the eyebrows  and the scale of judgement start to raise.  Interesting times.      

*Madden voice* “Here’s a guy who cares more about how the sausage is made than how it tastes!”

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, futureman said:

not sure how many times I’m gonna have to tell you idiots. the brocks will be at texas.

urban, the brocks, other things, I’ve been right about it all. my “username checks out.” it’s time y’all stop acting like children and start giving me the credit I am due. 

prove it GIF

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  Just scroll the thread until you see some tweets (if they're important they'll get posted and reposted 4 or 5 times) - or search for any references to 'Ear to the ground' or 'Oatmeal Creme Pie Tits' (any and all variations of) or 'FCB', or 'Bobby'.

I searched Crème Pie Tits and got stuck on the Pee in her Butt board for 3 hours.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

shut up.  you're literally here for free info.  sift, bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

For day crew folks to wake up and catch up on this thread . . . (Insert the Not great, Bob. Picture)

Night crew has been great during the coaching search so will allow this mulligan but god dammit please don’t allow that shit again.

Assume we should continue to hear more rumors and real news next few days so back at it.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well, you have to have a fall guy. Seems like Tennessee is making Pruitt their fall guy so they can for cause him after a shit raise.

Yeah, it’s pretty clear Tennessee just wants save that money. Hopefully that means an offer from us leads to Pruitt being off the hook since it would offset his buyout.

5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Yeah, it’s pretty clear Tennessee just wants save that money. Hopefully that means an offer from us leads to Pruitt being off the hook since it would offset his buyout.

Actually just read there is no offset clause so Tennessee will fight until the end to not pay any more than necessary 

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Actually just read there is no offset clause so Tennessee will fight until the end to not pay any more than necessary 

This is the Tea....Fat Phil signed Pruitt to a bad contract extension and now they need a way out since it turns out he is not such a good head coach.

50 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Scroll down, scan for links or spoiler expansions.  If you don't see those, you know there is nothing of substance.  Still too much work, get furked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Dammit, I'm not scrolling through several pages of the Coaching Staff or Not Much Bust thread.  Did we announce any coaches overnight?

no, 0 announcements. Flood has been rumored by espn and most others though so you can take it as "announced"

26 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

you never said sark would be the corch,  you just said urban wouldn't.  which wasn't exactly going out on a limb.

except I was the only one who went out on that limb and i put my ass on the line. or I guess you could say I really didn’t, though, because I was 100% aware of how it would play out from the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

blacklab’s thread has all the coaching updates. and it’s less than 20 posts.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1