Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I think that the investigation is an internal one just so they can find enough to fire him without paying the buyout. Since he is only making 3.8/year would an offer from Texas in the 2.5 range be enough for Tennessee to pay the remainder and not report any findings to the NCAA? 

The NCAA has been notified by Tennessee that they are conducting an internal investigation, so I’m sure the NCAA is going to want to know the findings. Once Tennessee gives the NCAA their findings, along with whatever penalties they are going to self-impose, the NCAA then decides whether they will accept those penalties or conduct their own investigation. At least I think that’s how it all works, but I am not an expert. Pretty sure we won’t know whether Pruitt has a show cause from the NCAA for months. 

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Inside Texas has learned one of the top recruiters in the state of Texas over the last half decade will join Steve Sarkisian’s Texas staff.

Jeff Banks was previously at A&M. He’s been Alabama’s key man in Texas, and was a conduit directly from the talented 2022 class to Nick Saban and that hideous painting from the ‘09 National Championship he likes to take pictures of when he was a Texas prospect in his office.

This was a shrewd move to weaken Bama at the same time. Sarkisian really.. wait for it.. stemmed the tide on this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bama fans are such pussies (not the good kind). At the end of the day, the University of Texas is now Sark's employer and he has to do his job to put together the best program he's capable of. Saban didn't hire Sark or any of his other assistants out of the goodness of his heart. He paid back his "debt" by helping them win another title. They sure as shit wouldn't have won it with Bill O'Brien and that less than stellar defense. They should know better than anybody else that this is the business. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

btw, it isn't like Bama can't match their salaries - they just chose not to.

Because Bama AD isn't stupid and knows we will keep upping the salaries since we have more money than any athletic department.  They don't feel like getting into a bidding war with Texas when they can replace every coach except Saban and still get the same results.

Aggy likes to talk about being the richest program in the SEC.  We dwarf them. 

The worst thing that could have happened to other schools was Urban telling us no.  Because now we will offer that money raised to get whichever assistants we damn well want.  Urban can afford to say no to a godly amount of money but these other coaches would be stupid to refuse being the highest paid at their positions.  Fuck it... offer Pruitt and Lupoi.  Make them both say no.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Because Bama AD isn't stupid and knows we will keep upping the salaries since we have more money than any athletic department.  They don't feel like getting into a bidding war with Texas when they can replace every coach except Saban and still get the same results.

The worst thing that could have happened to other schools was Urban telling us no.  Because now we will offer that money raised to get whichever assistants we damn well want.  Urban can afford to say no to a godly amount of money but these other coaches would be stupid to refuse being the highest paid at their positions.  Fuck it... offer Pruitt and Lupoi.  Make them both say no.

But...but....we might get on the list.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Right? Texas was prepared to offer Urban 10-12 mm + assistant salaries.  We got Sark for 5-something.  We have money to BURN. 

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

So still no confirmation on Wiggins other than CTJ's friend saying he was coming? Or was that Banks?

I guess we can actually truthfully use the "time to see what this fully operational battlestation can do" line we thought we could use when Herman was hired.

Unless Coleman is being dropped to analyst (highly doubtful) we're set on offense

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

No fucking shit. This site is quickly becoming fucking worthless.

We have a thread about the coaching staff that gets overrun with fucking diabetes, dumb fucking college stories and snakes eating fucking dogs and I have to sift through 90% fucking garbage just to find out about fucking coaching news in a thread clearly labelled as a coaching thread that included warnings about staying on topic.

There are a LOT of other places on this site that all of those topics can be discussed but apparently a bunch of fucksticks just can't keep themselves from fucking up regular threads with stupid shit.

Is there any board where this shit doesn't happen?

I can’t wait until the coaching hires are made and I can go back to the other board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Would a daily summary "article" in the football forum help catch everyone up on the previous day's thread? (It can also serve as a way for @RGBIII and myself to create the agenda for the next podcast, since all we basically do is summarize this + a few other threads and give our hot takes?

Yes please. Maybe one in the morning and one at night? Maybe just a list of the latest $9.95 rumor-mongering? Or would that get you in trouble? If we could stay somewhat on topic in this thread, it might not be necessary. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I do not like this rumor. Alabama fans will hate us for Banks but love us for taking Golding and see it as a wash. Maybe Saban said you can have Banks but you have to take Golding with you as the pound of flesh. Alabama fans liked Pruitt and I would too. Once again I rather keep Ash over Golding.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

If true, this really makes me doubt any claims that Sark is still having issues.  You don't get this many people to leave Alabama if they don't have 100% faith in what you are doing.

Aside from the money - it speaks well to how Sark is thought of by his colleagues.  Has to be a good sign that so many are willing to follow him here.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Wait you said Chip knows the DC and he could announce it this afternoon?  Bobby is trying to trump Chip.  It's gotta be Golding.

It was really obvious FCB shot himself in the foot giving himself the chance to get scooped by announcing an announcement

• Hook 'Em 3