Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't remember if another poster mentioned this already or not, but if so, the next time someone scoffs at money-whipping a coach to come to Texas and talks about it never working, lets go ahead and mention Jeff Banks. Thanks.

Because this was NOT a thing a week or two ago. 

If we also take Golding and Scott, that's what, 6 bama staff members including Sark and Milwee? Sark, Milwee, Flood, Banks, Golding, Scott. Thats a fuck ton of turnover even for Nick Saban in one offseason. We should definitely let him keep Golding. As an olive branch. 

Don't know how Saban feels but their fans think that Golding would be addition by subtraction so they should thank us for that one!

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't remember if another poster mentioned this already or not, but if so, the next time someone scoffs at money-whipping a coach to come to Texas and talks about it never working, lets go ahead and mention Jeff Banks. Thanks.

If we also take Golding and Scott, that's what, 6 bama staff members including Sark and Milwee? Sark, Milwee, Flood, Banks, Golding, Scott. Thats a fuck ton of turnover even for Nick Saban in one offseason. We should definitely let him keep Golding. As an olive branch. 

It was Buckeye insider ALincoln.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’d be okay with this defensive staff:

DC/Inside Linebackers - Golding

DL - Bo Davis

OLB/ST - Gideon

S/Passing game coordinator- Terry Joseph

CB - Karl Scott

To coincide with offensive staff 

QB- Milwee

RB- Drayton

WR-Coleman

TE- Mr. Assassin

OC/OL- Flood

yep, let’s do that thanks

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

I continue to hold out hope that Raymond is still in play for the CB slot

Now we are being greedy. I mean with that many incredible recruiters we are just picking and choosing who we want at that point

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Is BOB so much of a sick nobody wants to work with him or did Saban tell them all he is rotating next year and if something comes up worthwhile, take it with my blessing because next year will be a shit show.

I can’t figure out why many staff members are leaving. Bama sites are saying Wiggins, Huff and the DB coach all have offers elsewhere right now as well...

I have one Bama friend who I guess is fairly connected and he claims this isn't a surprise in the program.  Banks was a surprise yes, but not the others.  It isn't a Saban thing according to him, a lot of the Staff came to Bama to get paid and get a ring. Now that they have a ring they are ready to get paid again.  Also, according to him, BOB wasn't gonna be a good fit with some of the staff that is leaving, specifically Flood as OL is what he claims. Not sure if he meant BOB wants someone else or the blocking schemes or what.  Also says that anyone thinking Golden leaving is a positive is out of their mind, Bama doesn't play 2008 SEC offenses anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its also an indicator of the type of culture Sark wants to instill at Texas, this is a BFD 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’d be okay with this defensive staff:

DC/Inside Linebackers - Golding

DL - Bo Davis

OLB/ST - Gideon

S/Passing game coordinator- Terry Joseph

CB - Karl Scott

I bet Golding covers both inside and outside lb and Gideon coaches NB

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Go get Golding and Scott 

HC - Sark

OC/OL - Flood

QB - Milwee

RB - Drayton

WR - Coleman 

TE/ST - Banks

DC/DL- Golding

DL - Davis

S - Joseph 

CB - Scott 

ST/Defensive assistant - Gideon 

spacer.png

Does Golding coach LBs? I didn’t see a LB  coach in your list. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

He's one of the best recruiters in the country.  He was also voted the best ST's coach in the country a couple of years ago by his peers.  He also has a stripper girlfriend and a pet monkey.  Its the rare quadruple-threat.

Okay, I'm sold. All I really knew from following this thread intermittently was the stripper gf and the pet monkey, which was in all honesty pretty compelling in its own right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm fine with going on record saying this is the only hire I'm concerned about (if it does come to fruition). This would be the closest to buddy buddy, comfort hire of anyone Sark has brought on board. I don't think he's a bad DC but Bama didn't exactly light it up on that side of the ball this season. Is he comfortably or even objectively a better DC than Ash? 

Maybe I have a little battered wife syndrome going on with all of the terrible DCs we have seen come and go since Boom (and all of the scoreboard fucking OU has done to us the past 20 years).

Golding put together a pretty impressive game plan vs tOSU, and tOSU was executing at a pretty high level, especially in the first half. I was watching for defensive adjustments at halftime, and he did a good job with that. If he can give us a similarly effective defense to what Ash gave us this last year, then anything above that will be gravy. I believe that he can do that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I got an invite last week for one tomorrow morning. I don't know where that qualifies me and what will be said, but if there's anything interesting that isn't expected to stay off the public boards, I'll try to post about it. 

Just post the link. We will be discreet. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Did I miss who is (expected to be) the new S&C coordinator?

Torre Becton is the rumored individual. 
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2021/01/07/report-torre-becton-to-join-texas-football-as-strength-and-conditioning-coach/?outputType=amp

Edited by NTVTXN
@TexasRenegade beat me to it

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm coming around to cheering hard like a motherfucker for Golding because, if nothing else,  it would more or less eliminate the possibility of Mike Stoops being able to coach here. 

This is a very good point. Would rather have anybody else. Orlando, Diaz, Dora the Explorer, etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bevo14 said:

This is a very good point. Would rather have anybody else. Orlando, Diaz, Dora the Explorer, etc.

Hey. Don't sleep on Dora. She runs some antiquated concepts but she's a nails out of state recruiter and has always gotten the most out of her guys.