Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Okay, fuck that. If I can't have my onions and peppers charred to a crisp then it's not even worth ordering fajitas. I'll just order goddamn tacos and pay just as much as the fajitas since every suburban white girl has an emotional attachment to tacos and driven the market through the fucking roof.
you can have your chicken tacos al carbon any way you want. I dont care what the restaurant calls em or you call em or what shit filler the restaurant serves with em. at least they still call fish tacos fish tacos. fish fajitas? fuuuuuuck.

here endeth the lesson.

ps I blame the ex students assn. for the popularity of fajitas. only messicans and me and my roommates ate em. and then the ex students ass. began serving them before and after games. proper fajitas with no peppers and onions. just pico to go with. and they took off all the fucking gringos started eating them. and then the hilton on town lake started serving them with the fucking peppers not a proper pepper mind you fucking yankee ass BELL PEPPERS (its an OUTRAGE bell peppers) not something mexican like a poblano noooooo bell peppers and onions. and then chicken. not thighs, breasts dried out tasteless breasts. blech.

hook'em

1 minute ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Yep, or even crazier, shrimp fajitas. I have no problem eating "chicken fajitas" but you're correct, no such thing.

On topic, I've looked all over the internet and I can't find what Pruitt did at Tennessee to get himself fired, other than sucking as a head coach.

Wait a few more days or maybe a week. Then everyone will be able to see it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrPhlegm said:

you can have your chicken tacos al carbon any way you want. I dont care what the restaurant calls em or you call em or what shit filler the restaurant serves with em. at least they still call fish tacos fish tacos. fish fajitas? fuuuuuuck.

here endeth the lesson.

The main difference between tacos and fajitas in this day and age is that tacos come prepared on a tortilla and fajitas I have to assemble myself. I appreciate your steadfastness but I am still going to call them chicken or shrimp fajitas so that the chica taking my order brings me what I want.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Who is he saying?

Think the CB coach he's referring to is Raymond. No idea on the DC. Every DC we've heard about has been actively interviewing for other jobs (Arnett, Freeman etc.) Guess the DC at Wisky but as someone said before seems like he's a lifer 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

14 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

On topic, I've looked all over the internet and I can't find what Pruitt did at Tennessee to get himself fired, other than sucking as a head coach.

You answered your own question - he sucked as a head coach. Winning is a hell of a disinfectant.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Post ignored. Koolaid in veins injected. Confirmation bias in favor of Sark engaged. Delusion in full force. Let’s ride!

Same. Urban is/was more of a sure thing but he was not going to be a long-term solution. If we hit big on Sark, we could have the next 15+ years taken care of.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
This morning, new Texas coach Steve Sarkisian held a Zoom call where all former Texas football lettermen were invited.

I’ve received some immediate feedback from the meeting.

A couple of notes:

- when asked about players opting out, Sark replied, “let’s call it what it is - quitting.”

- spent some time discussing the importance of all three phases of the game. Feels like Texas has to win on offense, defense and special teams.

- relayed that he felt like former Texas QB Major Applewhite, who was an analyst at Alabama this year, would spend at least one season as offensive coordinator at South Alabama.

- said he has to develop players once they get to campus but that process actually starts by explaining to those same players that star ratings and rankings no longer matter at the college level. Each player starts fresh when they get to college.

- went on to explain that his feeling is team’s need to try to be one unit, not a collection of individuals.

We should have more about this call in the next 24 hours as we speak to more of its participants.

I've been drinking the Sark kool-aid the last several days, but I think I just went to full-on man crush.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Sigh. Here we go. Banks's gf, poleassassin_ (on IG) has a pet monkey (also on IG) who was a Bama fan but will now be a Texas fan. Football support staff is making him some tiny chaps and a miniature cowboy hat as we speak. Plan is to have him ride Bevo out of the tunnel at Sark's first game. 

40 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

BEVO does not play well with others. Probably best to keep the stripper monkey far away from him.

Yeah that was my first thought. Funny as shit, but that would not end well - for the monkey or for anyone nearby.

53 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Sigh. Here we go. Banks's gf, poleassassin_ (on IG) has a pet monkey (also on IG) who was a Bama fan but will now be a Texas fan. Football support staff is making him some tiny chaps and a miniature cowboy hat as we speak. Plan is to have him ride Bevo out of the tunnel at Sark's first game. 

Alternate UT logo?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Most fans here wouldn't have cared if he had made the difference in us beating OU routinely like a drum.  Most on here are all hopped up for Banks to come be a TE coach and drop bags when apparently he is an unapologetic adulterer who told his exwife he didn't want anything to do with their kids (according to CTJ).  Whatever garbage with NCAA issues for Pruitt seems small potatoes compared to the scumbag Banks sounds like he is.

That's hearsay, maybe it's true, maybe it's from the same source who promised we were getting Wiggins, which maybe we will maybe we won't, but for now we haven't

FCB

Spoiler

SARKISIAN FINALIZING HIS TEXAS STAFF

We held off The Insider from moving Thursday morning, because Wednesday night I’d heard some rumblings that Jeff Banks was about to pull the trigger on what we know now is a three-year, $3.15 million deal to become Texas’ special teams coordinator and tight ends coach.

I'm glad we held off, because we've heard some interesting information on Sarkisian's leading defensive coordinator candidate. More on that in a second.

Since the hiring of Steve Sarkisian was announced back on Jan. 2, we’d heard Banks would be Sarkisian's top choice as tight ends coach and special teams coordinator. As we’ve reported, Banks had been telling folks in and around Alabama that he’s happy where is - but that was really to keep the peace through Alabama’s national championship game against Ohio State.

On Wednesday night, Banks broke the news to Nick Saban that he would be joining Sarkisian at Texas and explained to Saban that it was because Banks has young children living in College Station and wants to be closer to them.

Saban understood but isn’t at all happy, considering Banks is a top-end special teams coordinator and an elite recruiter who has strong connections in Texas and helped land former Texas quarterback commit Jalen Milroe and inside linebacker Kendrick Blackshire of Duncanville, among others.

Little-known fact regarding Banks: Tom Herman tried to hire Banks off Alabama’s staff last year, when Herman ended up hiring Jay Boulware. Banks didn’t feel strongly enough about Herman’s job status at Texas to leave a good situation at Alabama, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

We’ll recap Sarkisian’s staff and where things stand in a moment. But let’s address the defensive coordinator position for a second.

A source told me on Tuesday they were hearing Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding was headed to Texas. Considering Golding had coached with Bo Davis at UTSA in 2017, that made a lot of sense since we were the first to report Davis heading to Texas as a D-line coach back on Jan. 7.

Chris Ash (Photo: Ricardo B. Brazziell, USA TODAY Sports)
But I was also hearing Sarkisian had yet to speak to Chris Ash, who is popular with UT administrators, and that Golding has a $1.8 million buyout at Alabama. And, of course, Saban, who helped recommend Sarkisian for the Texas job, is already pissed off that Sarkisian is taking Banks and offensive line coach Kyle Flood from Bama’s staff (not to mention former Bama analyst A.J. Milwee).

If you’re going to raid the staff of the man who helped you get the Texas job, you might have to wait and see if Saban has a person in mind to replace Golding and if Saban can make sure he can get said replacement.

I heard Thursday the key to Golding being named the defensive coordinator at Texas would be Saban’s ability to hire Dan Lanning away from Georgia to replace Golding as Alabama's defensive coordinator.

If that happens, watch for Will Muschamp to join his good friend Kirby Smart as defensive coordinator at Georgia - Muschamp’s alma mater and also where Muschamp's oldest son, Jackson, is a walk-on football player.

Something to watch: I’m hearing Ash, who has $800,000 still guaranteed to him from Texas for 2021, is a candidate to join Urban Meyer’s staff in Jacksonville.

Last week in The Insider, we reported Sarkisian had a short list of candidates for defensive coordinator. That list included former Atlanta Falcons head coach and former Seattle Seahawks' defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Cincinnati defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman and Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett.

Quinn has been hired by the Dallas Cowboys and has offered the Cowboys' defensive line coaching position to Tosh Lupoi, a source told Horns247. More on Lupoi in a second.

Freeman was hired by Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, and Arnett, who is also a defensive coordinator candidate at Oregon, apparently didn't overwhelm LSU in an interview this week.

But Arnett - and even Lupoi - could still be defensive coordinator candidates for Sarkisian if things somehow fall apart with Golding (and Ash decides to join Meyer's staff in Jacksonville).

(Photo: © Taylor Estes, 247Sports)
So there are still some moving pieces before things become totally clear on the defensive coordinator front. But that picture could become very clear - very quickly.

As far as who Sarkisian would hire to coach outside linebackers/defensive ends, Oscar Giles was expected to get an interview from Sarkisian. Giles worked with Bo Davis at Texas under Mack Brown, when Davis coached the defensive tackles and Giles coached defensive ends.

We’ve reported Lupoi, who has expertise in coaching outside linebackers/defensive ends and worked under Sarkisian at Washington (before Lupoi joined Alabama’s staff and then moved on to the NFL), would want a co-defensive coordinator title.

I’m told for that to happen, something would have to break down with the candidates ahead of Lupoi for defensive coordinator.

Lupoi and Golding worked together at Alabama in 2018, when Lupoi called the defense and Golding was his co-coordinator (before Saban encouraged Lupoi to find another job, so Saban could promote Golding, which led Lupoi to the NFL).

Lupoi spent the 2019 season as the D-line coach of the Cleveland Browns and the 2020 season as the D-line coach of the Atlanta Falcons under Quinn.

We’ve also heard Lupoi could be a candidate for the Oregon defensive coordinator job (and Lupoi’s wife is from the Pacific Northwest and apparently would love to get back there if possible).

So, there are still a couple question marks on Sarkisian’s staff that will be answered soon.

With Banks being hired as tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, we’re hearing Blake Gideon will likely coach the safeties while providing a strong assist to Banks coaching special teams.

(Photo: Matt Cashore, 247Sports)
Terry Joseph, who has coached defensive backs at Louisiana Tech (2007-09), Tennessee (2010-11), Nebraska (2012-13), Texas A&M (2014-16) and North Carolina (2017) and coached safeties at Notre Dame (2018-20), is expected to coach the cornerbacks.

Both Banks and Joseph have served as recruiting coordinators at previous stops and both have strong connections in Texas. According to 247Sports, Banks is ranked among the top five recruiters in college football for 2021.

Our man Mike Roach has been killing it with his analysis of all Sark’s assistants as recruiters. And I think it’s fair to say, Sarkisian understands the importance of recruiting on his new staff in Austin.

Here’s where things stand with Sarkisian’s staff as best we can tell at the moment:

Offensive coordinator/offensive line coach - Kyle Flood

Tight ends coach/Special teams coordinator - Jeff Banks

Quarterbacks coach - AJ Milwee

Running backs coach - Stan Drayton

Receivers coach - Andre Coleman

Defensive coordinator/linebackers coach - Pete Golding (leading candidate at this moment, per our sources)

Defensive line coach - Bo Davis

Outside linebackers - Tosh Lupoi/Oscar Giles/Other

Safeties coach - Blake Gideon

Cornerbacks coach - Terry Joseph

Stay tuned.

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:

here endeth the lesson.

ps I blame the ex students assn. for the popularity of fajitas. only messicans and me and my roommates ate em. and then the ex students ass. began serving them before and after games. proper fajitas with no peppers and onions. just pico to go with. and they took off all the fucking gringos started eating them. and then the hilton on town lake started serving them with the fucking peppers not a proper pepper mind you fucking yankee ass BELL PEPPERS (its an OUTRAGE bell peppers) not something mexican like a poblano noooooo bell peppers and onions. and then chicken. not thighs, breasts dried out tasteless breasts. blech.

hook'em

Hyatt?

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Teryor said:

FCB

Reveal hidden contents

We held off The Insider from moving Thursday morning, because Wednesday night I’d heard some rumblings that Jeff Banks was about to pull the trigger on what we know now is a three-year, $3.15 million deal to become Texas’ special teams coordinator and tight ends coach.

I'm glad we held off, because we've heard some interesting information on Sarkisian's leading defensive coordinator candidate. More on that in a second.

Since the hiring of Steve Sarkisian was announced back on Jan. 2, we’d heard Banks would be Sarkisian's top choice as tight ends coach and special teams coordinator. As we’ve reported, Banks had been telling folks in and around Alabama that he’s happy where is - but that was really to keep the peace through Alabama’s national championship game against Ohio State.

On Wednesday night, Banks broke the news to Nick Saban that he would be joining Sarkisian at Texas and explained to Saban that it was because Banks has young children living in College Station and wants to be closer to them.

Saban understood but isn’t at all happy, considering Banks is a top-end special teams coordinator and an elite recruiter who has strong connections in Texas and helped land former Texas quarterback commit Jalen Milroe and inside linebacker Kendrick Blackshire of Duncanville, among others.

Little-known fact regarding Banks: Tom Herman tried to hire Banks off Alabama’s staff last year, when Herman ended up hiring Jay Boulware. Banks didn’t feel strongly enough about Herman’s job status at Texas to leave a good situation at Alabama, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

We’ll recap Sarkisian’s staff and where things stand in a moment. But let’s address the defensive coordinator position for a second.

A source told me on Tuesday they were hearing Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding was headed to Texas. Considering Golding had coached with Bo Davis at UTSA in 2017, that made a lot of sense since we were the first to report Davis heading to Texas as a D-line coach back on Jan. 7.

But I was also hearing Sarkisian had yet to speak to Chris Ash, who is popular with UT administrators, and that Golding has a $1.8 million buyout at Alabama. And, of course, Saban, who helped recommend Sarkisian for the Texas job, is already pissed off that Sarkisian is taking Banks and offensive line coach Kyle Flood from Bama’s staff (not to mention former Bama analyst A.J. Milwee).

If you’re going to raid the staff of the man who helped you get the Texas job, you might have to wait and see if Saban has a person in mind to replace Golding and if Saban can make sure he can get said replacement.

I heard Thursday the key to Golding being named the defensive coordinator at Texas would be Saban’s ability to hire Dan Lanning away from Georgia to replace Golding as Alabama's defensive coordinator.

If that happens, watch for Will Muschamp to join his good friend Kirby Smart as defensive coordinator at Georgia - Muschamp’s alma mater and also where Muschamp's oldest son, Jackson, is a walk-on football player.

Something to watch: I’m hearing Ash, who has $800,000 still guaranteed to him from Texas for 2021, is a candidate to join Urban Meyer’s staff in Jacksonville.

Last week in The Insider, we reported Sarkisian had a short list of candidates for defensive coordinator. That list included former Atlanta Falcons head coach and former Seattle Seahawks' defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Cincinnati defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman and Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett.

Quinn has been hired by the Dallas Cowboys and has offered the Cowboys' defensive line coaching position to Tosh Lupoi, a source told Horns247. More on Lupoi in a second.

Freeman was hired by Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, and Arnett, who is also a defensive coordinator candidate at Oregon, apparently didn't overwhelm LSU in an interview this week.

But Arnett - and even Lupoi - could still be defensive coordinator candidates for Sarkisian if things somehow fall apart with Golding (and Ash decides to join Meyer's staff in Jacksonville).

So there are still some moving pieces before things become totally clear on the defensive coordinator front. But that picture could become very clear - very quickly.

As far as who Sarkisian would hire to coach outside linebackers/defensive ends, Oscar Giles was expected to get an interview from Sarkisian. Giles worked with Bo Davis at Texas under Mack Brown, when Davis coached the defensive tackles and Giles coached defensive ends.

We’ve reported Lupoi, who has expertise in coaching outside linebackers/defensive ends and worked under Sarkisian at Washington (before Lupoi joined Alabama’s staff and then moved on to the NFL), would want a co-defensive coordinator title.

I’m told for that to happen, something would have to break down with the candidates ahead of Lupoi for defensive coordinator.

Lupoi and Golding worked together at Alabama in 2018, when Lupoi called the defense and Golding was his co-coordinator (before Saban encouraged Lupoi to find another job, so Saban could promote Golding, which led Lupoi to the NFL).

Lupoi spent the 2019 season as the D-line coach of the Cleveland Browns and the 2020 season as the D-line coach of the Atlanta Falcons under Quinn.

We’ve also heard Lupoi could be a candidate for the Oregon defensive coordinator job (and Lupoi’s wife is from the Pacific Northwest and apparently would love to get back there if possible).

So, there are still a couple question marks on Sarkisian’s staff that will be answered soon.

With Banks being hired as tight ends coach and special teams coordinator, we’re hearing Blake Gideon will likely coach the safeties while providing a strong assist to Banks coaching special teams.

Terry Joseph, who has coached defensive backs at Louisiana Tech (2007-09), Tennessee (2010-11), Nebraska (2012-13), Texas A&M (2014-16) and North Carolina (2017) and coached safeties at Notre Dame (2018-20), is expected to coach the cornerbacks.

Both Banks and Joseph have served as recruiting coordinators at previous stops and both have strong connections in Texas. According to 247Sports, Banks is ranked among the top five recruiters in college football for 2021.

Our man Mike Roach has been killing it with his analysis of all Sark’s assistants as recruiters. And I think it’s fair to say, Sarkisian understands the importance of recruiting on his new staff in Austin.

Here’s where things stand with Sarkisian’s staff as best we can tell at the moment:

Defensive coordinator/linebackers coach - Pete Golding (leading candidate at this moment, per our sources)

Stay tuned.

So he held off to get scooped by everyone and the primary big news is Banks left to get close to his kids and Saban is pissed but sorta understands, that Golding is option 1, but that would mean Bama steals UGAs DC who then gets Muschamp and no clue at DE/OLB but it is possible Giles could survive ...

Fuck you, you disease filled whore. Choke on a dick you piece of shit. FCB!

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Teryor said:

FCB

Hide contents

Stay tuned.

jack off please GIF

FCB

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Teryor said:

FCB

Hide contents

Stay tuned.

If you believe FCB the coaching carousel goes like this: Texas gets Golding from Bama, Bama gets Lanning from Georgia and Georgia gets Muschamp from being fired. Meaning we get Golding IF and only IF Saban can snag Lanning from Georgia, which leads to Boom going to GA. Let's just cut the bullshit and get Boom now and let Georgia and Bama keep their current DCs.

• Hook 'Em 5