Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Or Wiggins has been offered an OC slot at one of these MAC/CUSA/SunBelt schools and trying to decide if he will take it or not

He literally just offered a kid for Bama today, so he's still doing that job.

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wasn't there a report about Vance Bedford coming on as an analyst? I know he sucked as DC but he's got a pretty elite background with DBs. That could help at corner

I wouldn't hate it, but that was a fake screenshot.

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah Sark is definitely calling plays. Does the OC have any other responsibilities though in practice or gameplanning that Sark will be handing off? 

It’s his offense. He’s running it. Flood and Milwee already helped Sark with game plans at Bama so I’m sure that will stay the same. 

17 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

The Austin Hyatt on Town Lake is arguably where fajitas jumped into gringo cuisine in the late ‘70s- early ‘80s. Every politician/lobbyist took the Hyatt version back home.

14 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

No.  That would be the original Ninfa’s on Navigation that popularized tacos al carbon before the Hyatt.

No. That would be my former Mexican girlfriend’s grandmother who swore to me she invented fajitas 

Edited by TexasTroll

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s his offense. He’s running it. Flood and Milwee already helped Sark with game plans at Bama so I’m sure that will stay the same. 

I would strongly recommend watching the clinic he put on for Nike I think that is posted in one of the offical Sark threads.. Goes over what he does and what goes into the install of his offense. Watch that then rewatch the title game you will understand what they are trying to do in a hurry.

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I would strongly recommend watching the clinic he put on for Nike I think that is posted in one of the offical Sark threads.. Goes over what he does and what goes into the install of his offense. Watch that then rewatch the title game you will understand what they are trying to do in a hurry.

Can you point me to that video?  Thanks 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Look, I know this seems like a lot for a TE and special teams coach, but remember half of that goes to the monkey.

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I have no knowledge of what a reference to Uncle Milty’s junk means and I refuse to google it!

Milt and Forrest Tucker were referred to as "The Long Schlong Club of Beverly Hills"

Resume seems light.  Give me Golding or Arnett.  

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2008–2010 Park Hill South HS (ST/DB/WR)
2011 Pittsburgh (GA)
2012 Arizona State (GA)
2013 Arizona State (RC)
2014 Sam Houston State
(DB/co-RC)
2015 Alabama (GA)
2016–2017 Memphis (ILB/RC)
2018 Georgia (OLB)
2019–present Georgia (DC/OLB)

Then again theres this...I don't follow Jawja enough to know if this is lightning in a bottle with a bunch of seniors or not.

Georgia football defense rankings

Scoring defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 2 nationally, 10.10 points per game

Rushing defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 4 nationally, 74.6 yards per game

Total defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 5 nationally, 260.3 yards per game

Pass efficiency defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 9 nationally, 107.95 rating

Red zone defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 1 nationally, .538

13 RedZone trips, 4 pass TD, 3 FG, 0 Rush TD

3rd down conversion defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 11 nationally, 29.6 percent

First down defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 6 nationally, 130 allowed

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

If you believe FCB the coaching carousel goes like this: Texas gets Golding from Bama, Bama gets Lanning from Georgia and Georgia gets Muschamp from being fired. Meaning we get Golding IF and only IF Saban can snag Lanning from Georgia, which leads to Boom going to GA. Let's just cut the bullshit and get Boom now and let Georgia and Bama keep their current DCs.

If we can get Raymond with Muschamp. Otherwise take Golding and hopefully he brings Scott with him and Saban really loses his shit. 

So he held off to get scooped by everyone and the primary big news is Banks left to get close to his kids and Saban is pissed but sorta understands, that Golding is option 1, but that would mean Bama steals UGAs DC who then gets Muschamp and no clue at DE/OLB but it is possible Giles could survive ...

Fuck you, you disease filled whore. Choke on a dick you piece of shit. FCB!
tell us your real feelings
  • Fuck You 1

At this point they are 'hitting' on so many A+ hires that I completely agree; if the biggest question mark we come out of this hiring phase with is "only Gideon and Joseph to coach secondary?" they will still have done a remarkably good job and deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

The feedback on Joseph is inconsistent anyway. Agger feelings on Joseph (dating back to before we hired him so not stained by just their typical salty retardation) seem to be he was an excellent recruiter but terrible at player development. ND is kind of the opposite; lots of praise for his development of safeties but concerns he isn't a great recruiter (I blame ND being a shitty pretentious playground for pedophiles that kids don't want to leave the south the play for, personally). Everyone seems to agree he has a great 'football IQ' and should help us developing defensive schemes against Big 12 offenses, though. 

aggy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Taking a bunch of staff from Alabama could be the first domino in them slowly giving up the crown before Saban retires. And with LSU potentially having to make a change in the next couple of years, and Aggy doing aggy things for 7.5M a year, OU and Ohio State are the only major hurdles in the coming years.

There is a pathway for Texas to really dominate over the next decade if we don’t fuck this up.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Austin Hyatt on Town Lake is arguably where fajitas jumped into gringo cuisine in the late ‘70s- early ‘80s. Every politician/lobbyist took the Hyatt version back home.
it jumped into gringo cusine at ex students. hyatt just took advantage after ex students broke trail.
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So glad I blocked this moron. 

C4D45038-B4EF-45A9-A05A-EBD9947665CA.png

No Kidding. I didn't even notice him until today, but saw like 10 posts on a prior page so decided to do the same and here we are with half the page being take up with that auto-response. I'm assuming it's like my toddler screaming for things to get attention when his mother and I are trying to have a conversation.

Taking a bunch of staff from Alabama could be the first domino in them slowly giving up the crown before Saban retires. And with LSU potentially having to make a change in the next couple of years, and Aggy doing aggy things for 7.5M a year, OU and Ohio State are the only major hurdles in the coming years.
There is a pathway for Texas to really dominate over the next decade if we don’t fuck this up.

aggy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

32 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So glad I blocked this moron. 

C4D45038-B4EF-45A9-A05A-EBD9947665CA.png

The show new posts feature breaks if it's by an ignored user and I use it as a chance to neg him every chance I get, it's unbelievable how much work it'd take to crowdfund his ass out but at this point the people who want him gone also have him ignored

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

It was the Hyatt restaurant. Damn good fajitas, but your fitlump barrage spoiled that memory.

You misspoke.  Thats Ms. Honorable Fitlump, Esteemed Leader and Representative of the 6th District of Austin for its Confederacy of Dunces (aka City Council).

Not to interrupt this circle jerk with news, but it looks like Bamas all world recruiting badass at RB may be leaving as well to be HC at Marshal.

This doesnt directly impact our hires, but it does show even more cracks over there on the offensive side.. I cant all be because of BOB coming in to OC after Sark could it?

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Not to interrupt this circle jerk with news, but it looks like Bamas all world recruiting badass at RB may be leaving as well to be HC at Marshal.

This doesnt directly impact our hires, but it does show even more cracks over there on the offensive side.. I cant all be because of BOB coming in to OC after Sark could it?

I'd assume this helps our chances of getting back in it for Wheaton though if we don't get LJ

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

One of the world's elite-tier assholes coming in after a guy generally known as pretty friendly by college coaching standards? Might be a factor.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

It’s been known Huff really wants to be a HC and a place like Marshall is a good gig for him. This is what happens when you win titles. Your coaching staff leaves for raises and promotions. 

• Hook 'Em 1