Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

17 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

..... I cant all be because of BOB coming in to OC after Sark could it?

All? No.  95%?  Probably.  Dude is a cancer.  I wouldn't put it past that moron to think he has a shot as the hciw.

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Taking a bunch of staff from Alabama could be the first domino in them slowly giving up the crown before Saban retires. And with LSU potentially having to make a change in the next couple of years, and Aggy doing aggy things for 7.5M a year, OU and Ohio State are the only major hurdles in the coming years.

There is a pathway for Texas to really dominate over the next decade if we don’t fuck this up.

Clemson ain’t going away 

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

I would strongly recommend watching the clinic he put on for Nike I think that is posted in one of the offical Sark threads.. Goes over what he does and what goes into the install of his offense. Watch that then rewatch the title game you will understand what they are trying to do in a hurry.

I'm literally just quoting this in case someone missed it on the last page, or before that.

Seriously, if you give any shits at all about Texas football, you owe it to yourself to spend the 45-50 minutes to watch this and understand what we're in for.

This guy gets it. I don't think we've had a head coach that gets it like he does since... fuck, I don't even know when. I've only been paying attention since 1989. If he can stay sober, we're going to win a LOT of fucking football games.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I'm literally just quoting this in case someone missed it on the last page, or before that.
Seriously, if you give any shits at all about Texas football, you owe it to yourself to spend the 45-50 minutes to watch this and understand what we're in for.
This guy gets it. I don't think we've had a head coach that gets it like he does since... fuck, I don't even know when. I've only been paying attention since 1989. If he can stay sober, we're going to win a LOT of fucking football games.
DKR
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I would strongly recommend watching the clinic he put on for Nike I think that is posted in one of the offical Sark threads.. Goes over what he does and what goes into the install of his offense. Watch that then rewatch the title game you will understand what they are trying to do in a hurry.

This video also gave me confidence that he will make a decent DC hire too.  He has a very good grasp on the fact that offenses currently have defenses by the balls and he seems to understand the metrics that are important.  He even says something along the lines of not defending the play or formation but defending the percentages.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

Clemson ain’t going away 

Clemson hasn’t nabbed a top 10 Texas recruit in at least the last 8 years and I don’t care to look back further to see if they ever have.  If Texas develops players on the current roster and then nabs top recruits, Clemson won’t hold our jock.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Clemson hasn’t nabbed a top 10 Texas recruit in at least the last 8 years and I don’t care to look back further to see if they ever have.  If Texas develops players on the current roster and then nabs top recruits, Clemson won’t hold our jock.

Clemson is South Carolina aggy, but for Dabo.  He has made them relevant.  If he leaves they will regress to their rightful place in the ACC/SEC world of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Favorite part of that vid is his emphasis on getting the ball to the players while they’re moving. Everyone is playing man in the RPO game right now so let your guys get separation and be the athletes they are. I don’t remember the quote exactly from the vid but he said he hasn’t called a curl route in a long time bc no one runs cover 3 so why call it. I can’t wait to see what he does with Moore, Smith, Whitt, Dixon and others. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I just kept seeing Bijan as Option 1 on that RB flare play and thinking he may have 40 receptions for 500 yards on top of whatever ridiculous rushing yardage he has.

Sark preaching that he has never called an offense in college or pro without a 1000 yard rusher was music to my ears.  Especially considering we have had exactly one in our 11 year misery.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

9 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I don’t remember the quote exactly from the vid but he said he hasn’t called a curl route in a long time bc no one runs cover 3 so why call it.

Lol he definitely used some curl routes against Ohio State.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Clemson is South Carolina aggy, but for Dabo.  He has made them relevant.  If he leaves they will regress to their rightful place in the ACC/SEC world of shit.  

Their success will be more short lived than Florida St.  

17 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Lol he definitely used some curl routes against Ohio State.

Like I said the quote wasn’t exact, and after finding the point he was making, he was talking about that year the vid was made, specifically. The point is tho he wants his guys on the run when catching the ball. 

Edited by DoneWithit

34 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Favorite part of that vid is his emphasis on getting the ball to the players while they’re moving. Everyone is playing man in the RPO game right now so let your guys get separation and be the athletes they are. I don’t remember the quote exactly from the vid but he said he hasn’t called a curl route in a long time bc no one runs cover 3 so why call it. I can’t wait to see what he does with Moore, Smith, Whitt, Dixon and others. 

All I could think about when he said that was Greg Fucking Davis. Who threw lots of curl routes. Lots and lots and lots of curl routes. And had guys catching balls while frozen in place. And changed the offense each week. And otherwise had no idea how to use one play to set up another. Who threw sideline passes to guys who were covered by 2 DBs with no blocker.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fajitas:  The birthplace of the Fajita was the Guajardo Grocery & Market in Austin, built in the 40's.  Other parts of the family had farms in Pflugerville & Manor and brought crops and meat to the grocery store in Austin.  The "Flank Stake" was a tough, thin piece of meat that was usually ground up into hamburger.  The “Fajita King”, Juan Antonio “Sonny” Falcón, is credited with introducing the fajita to the general public in 1969 at a Diez y Seis celebration in Kyle, Texas.

https://www.austinmonitor.com/stories/2013/11/landmark-commission-recommends-historic-status-for-east-austin-home/

https://www.austin360.com/obituaries/20191220/1938-2019-austinrsquos-rsquofajita-kingrsquo-juan-rsquosonnyrsquo-falcon-has-died

3B040AA0-A7AE-4BC0-8BBB-25A13AF69A40_1_105_c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

All I could think about when he said that was Greg Fucking Davis. Who threw lots of curl routes. Lots and lots and lots of curl routes. And had guys catching balls while frozen in place. And changed the offense each week. And otherwise had no idea how to use one play to set up another. Who threw sideline passes to guys who were covered by 2 DBs with no blocker.
three yards behind the los
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Speaking of GDGD, we should have known we were doomed when Herman cited him as a mentor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Sonny Falcon was a big UT Baseball fan; perhaps his affinity for baseball and fajitas came together on the 40 acres?

When the Hyatt opened, it had a penthouse bar and restaurant, known for a great view, and killer margatitas and fajitas.  Good times!

The Minister of Coulture got his invite to the filming of "Dazed & Confused" at the Hyatt bar and the rest is history.

Enough about food.

Give me some more Burnt Orange Kool-Aid.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Then what is South Carolina? Clemson destroys the Cocks in all things football and is much better academically.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Then what is South Carolina? Clemson destroys the Cocks in all things football and is much better academically.

SoCar is weird in that their land grant school is higher ranked academically than their flagship. But SoCar is still the flagship.

They're better at liberal arts and weirdly have a great international relations program. 

Edited by texifornia

26:10 - 26:40 in that Sark clinic video should be required viewing for everyone.

Bingo, TH wanted big receivers (slow) to win contested balls and get yards after contact. Bubble screen to a stationary target waiting on a poor throw.  Ugh!!!

Hit your 4.4 receiver on the move in space and contest that bitch!!!  No contact = no contest.

Watching Ceedee Lamb run though the secondary would have been a thing of beauty if it wasn’t our secondary.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s been known Huff really wants to be a HC and a place like Marshall is a good gig for him. This is what happens when you win titles. Your coaching staff leaves for raises and promotions

I suspect Saban might do a better job of replacing the attrition than his gravel-mouthed swamp-dwelling purple friend to the west. 

• Haha 1

I had no idea fajitas were this “new” of a food.  I guess i thought they had always existed or something. 
I just asked my wife (raised in miami) and apparently she hadn't even heard of them before I took her to ninfas on navigation shortly after she moved to texas.    Now its one of her favorite meals. 

my mind is blown.   

Edited by Xian
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Xian said:

I had no idea fajitas were this “new” of a food.  I guess i thought they had always existed or something. 
I just asked my wife (raised in miami) and apparently she hadn't even heard of them before I took her to ninfas on navigation shortly after she moved to texas.    Now its one of her favorite meals. 

my mind is blown.   

First time I ate them was at a grocery store in Zapata in the late 70s or early 80s. First time I had them at home, I ate them with Heinz 57 and had no idea that was a sin. 

• Hook 'Em 2