Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn't have anything to do with leaks. Coaches generally want their own guy for this position.

Gotta disagree here -- lots of bullshit leaks to $9.95ers on "The Forty Acres" right now. 

So while SARK also wants his own folks, he also understands that especially within his recruiting department he needs to protect his information.

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gotta disagree here -- lots of bullshit leaks to $9.95ers on "The Forty Acres" right now. 

So while SARK also wants his own folks, he also understands that especially within his recruiting department he needs to protect his information.

If you haven't paid attention most of the leaks have dried up. The only thing getting released from 995ers currently is the jobs being filled, not blowing their load. None of them know who the DC will be. Terry Joseph and Jeff Banks out front should have told ya that the leaks are pretty patched up. The AD office is letting the 995ers know when to report and giving them the intel when they need the intel.

For comparison sake look at this vs Herman or vs end of Mack/beginning of Strong. 

The one thing Herman did at Texas that no other coach did was unite everyone and put them on the same page.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Who?  What does a Chief of Staff for a football program do, other than like a ton of tweets about Miami sports teams (based on his twitter account).

"In addition, Fernando Lovo will serve as Assistant AD for Football Operations"

So basically the associate athletic director for football.

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Bobby:

Hide contents

Inside Texas has learned that Texas player personnel director Derek Chang has been relieved of his duties as of yesterday.

Chang, a Texas alum, worked with Tom Herman at Ohio State and Houston before returning to Austin. He oversaw several highly rated recruiting classes and was partially responsible for the improved talent-level in Austin during his tenure.

New coach Steve Sarkisian is said to be considering rearranging the entire off-field personnel department for Texas football to more closely resemble that of Alabama

9JA6TK.gif

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

If you haven't paid attention most of the leaks have dried up. The only thing getting released from 995ers currently is the jobs being filled, not blowing their load. None of them know who the DC will be. Terry Joseph and Jeff Banks out front should have told ya that the leaks are pretty patched up. The AD office is letting the 995ers know when to report and giving them the intel when they need the intel.

The one thing Herman did at Texas that no other coach did was unite everyone and put them on the same page.

Yeah, but Chang was in player evaluation/recruiting -- not coaching hires.

So I am paying attention and realize that SARK probably is protecting one of his most valuable assets -- "player evaluation/recruiting".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, but Chang was in player evaluation/recruiting -- not coaching hires.

So I am paying attention and realize that SARK probably is protecting one of his most valuable assets -- "player evaluation/recruiting".

Yes, so Sarkisian will want his own guy for "player evaluation/recruiting." That's an important position for a coach when assembling his staff, some could argue it's the most important off-field position on the staff. It's really that simple and Carrington is being retained as well. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Bobby:

Hide contents

Inside Texas has learned that Texas player personnel director Derek Chang has been relieved of his duties as of yesterday.

Chang, a Texas alum, worked with Tom Herman at Ohio State and Houston before returning to Austin. He oversaw several highly rated recruiting classes and was partially responsible for the improved talent-level in Austin during his tenure.

New coach Steve Sarkisian is said to be considering rearranging the entire off-field personnel department for Texas football to more closely resemble that of Alabama

Wow what a change. Modeling our program after a proven powerhouse versus fucking Houston and Louisville. Whats even crazier is getting our coaches from said powerhouse versus our usual cast-offs. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes, so Sarkisian will want his own guy for "player/evaluation/recruiting." That's an important position for a coach when assembling his staff, some could argue it's the most important off-field position on the staff. It's really that simple and Carrington is being retained as well. 

And protecting against leaks... 😁

1 hour ago, bornbama1 said:

As much as I hate to see Bama lose coaches, it has become a yearly thing. The alternative to not losing coaches is having such crappy team/coaches that no one wants them. Thankfully as a Bama fan I have to go back fifteen years to remember that.

I think this years Bama on field coaching staff didn’t include a single coach who was on the field in 2017 when they won it last.

Another crazy bit: I think it’s also true that he has never had a signing class at Bama that has failed to win a national championship at some point in their 4 years on campus.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

And protecting against leaks... 😁

I’m sure there is anxiety right now in the 9.95’er world given that FCB is being unexplainably fed info right now from our AD. Chang was probably the source for some of these sites. 

I won't complain about modeling ourselves on the best program of the last decade, but the personnel department was probably a true strength of the Herman regime. The inefficiencies in recruiting usually came from the guys signing off on the offers and making the sales pitch rather than the people finding the prospects.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Just now, Machinator said:

I won't complain about modeling ourselves on the best program of the last decade, but the personnel department was probably a true strength of the Herman regime. The inefficiencies in recruiting usually came from the guys signing off on the offers and making the sales pitch rather than the people finding the prospects.

I agree with this sentiment but at the same time with Sarkisian's rolodex and expansive network he could easily improve that department. I think Carrington may have been the best hire that Herman made of any role. 

1 hour ago, bornbama1 said:

As much as I hate to see Bama lose coaches, it has become a yearly thing. The alternative to not losing coaches is having such crappy team/coaches that no one wants them. Thankfully as a Bama fan I have to go back fifteen years to remember that.

Wondering if I should neg you for this subtle jab. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Caver60 said:

Another crazy bit: I think it’s also true that he has never had a signing class at Bama that has failed to win a national championship at some point in their 4 years on campus.

This is accurate considering the biggest gap between championships is 3 years.

2020 Alabama CFP
2019 LSU CFP
2018 Clemson CFP
2017 Alabama CFP
2016 Clemson CFP
2015 Alabama CFP
2014 Ohio State CFP
2013 Florida State BCS
2012 Alabama BCS
2011 Alabama BCS
2010 Auburn BCS
2009 Alabama BCS

26 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

An alabama model is usually posed disgustingly seductive on a charred couch with her half brother Darryl.

If it comes with 6 Natty's and 22 NFL starters at every position on the field, count me in.  That stat alone is incredible.  A few weeks ago when Tua started, Bama had a player starting at all 22 positions on the field that Sunday.

Edited by jdhorn92

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Cowherd

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

The Herd with Colin Cowherd on FS1

Thanks. I thought that might've been it. For anyone interested, here's a clip from it.

Side note: I also saw this old clip of Klatt talking about Sark and alcoholism and thought it was interesting. Video doesn't seem to be showing up, but just click the tweet and you'll see it.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

If it comes with 6 Natty's and 22 NFL starters at every position on the field, count me in.  That stat alone is incredible.  A few weeks ago when Tua started, Bama had a player starting at all 22 positions on the field that Sunday.

No sir

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

John Bianco is a gem. Sark getting everywhere 

One of the things I really like about Sark is ability to talk to the media. Well spoken and gets to the point. Notice you never saw Herman do this. He was just a beating to watch on his press conferences alone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Giving myself ear-bleed as I listen to that god-awful yakk podcast. 

Per Anwar - Arnett showed up to the LSU interview wearing his Miss St. gear and went in demanding total control over his staff.  Sounds like from the moment he got off the plane that interview was fucked.  Didn't say anything about the Oregon interview.  Also said that there is zero talk from Miss St. side about Texas.

Conversely - they said a bunch of SEC schools are talking Golding to Texas, but no one at Alabama has heard that (though they did acknowledge that Banks was 'out of nowhere' from the Alabama side.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Thanks. I thought that might've been it. For anyone interested, here's a clip from it.  Side note: I also saw this old clip of Klatt talking about Sark and alcoholism and thought it was interesting. Video doesn't seem to be showing up, but just click the tweet and you'll see it.

Great video from Joel Klatt-- was not aware that Klatt battled alcoholism.  Definitely agree that folks should click the link and watch the video!!!

Thanks KYHorn  🤘

Seems like whatever is going to happen with DC and the other remaining open role, it's going to happen before Monday, doesn't it? I figure you want to hit the fucking ground running with your entire crew pretty quick. They've got 3 candidates left if Ash is gone, and he was hard to take seriously anyway, and we know Arnett and Golding have been met with, so that just leaves the "mystery guy".