Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Did they ever disclose the off the field event that happened this summer/season that caused Herman to lose all remaining support in the admin? Remember that teasing that late last year.

It was almost certainly the incident described by CTJ and others on here, which consisted of him getting in a drunken fight with Michelle while on a booster's private plane. Michelle allegedly tried to open the airplane door while in the air. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

It was almost certainly the incident described by CTJ and others on here, which consisted of him getting in a drunken fight with Michelle while on a booster's private plane. Michelle allegedly tried to open the airplane door while in the air. 

Nah, I don't think the players would give one shit about that and likely wouldn't even know.  The sick kid thing would be more likely IMO

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Nah, I don't think the players would give one shit about that and likely wouldn't even know.  The sick kid thing would be more likely IMO

Also, I may be misremembering, but I don't think that event occured this past summer. I think it was closer to when he originally came on board.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Seems like whatever is going to happen with DC and the other remaining open role, it's going to happen before Monday, doesn't it? I figure you want to hit the fucking ground running with your entire crew pretty quick. They've got 3 candidates left if Ash is gone, and he was hard to take seriously anyway, and we know Arnett and Golding have been met with, so that just leaves the "mystery guy".

Running out of people.. if it's not some NFL guy I keep coming back to possibly Rocky Long.  He said he wants to DC for 3 more years.  He's the guy that Arnett says he learned everything from and the only reason Arnett  was at MSU was because Rocky said no (jokingly).

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The also inferred that Herman showed up blitzed for a meeting with Wilson's parents, and it was over at that point.

Yeah, I heard that story. .  Believe it was on campus recruiting event and damage was done before they could get Herman the F out of there.

So Pruitt just boarded a uTn jet to fly to Cali to secure his star player returns.  Doesn't sound like he's gone, no vacuum of coaches to go there.  Looks like Neidermeyer will be the fall guy.

From another perspective this could mean the plan not going as Steele expected and may now entertain other offers and displace another.   

After refreshing myself of his resume, no thanks.  

Edited by RollLeft

20 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

No idea, but I would bet some money the "sick player" house he called to check on the brother's recruitment belonged to one Blake Brockermeyer.  It would definitely piss a parent off if Luke was indeed one of the players that caught Covid this summer....

Could be the hullaby family as well. 
also when did pouncey transfer?

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

honest question. is she black, white, latino, middle eastern? the cia should study her and her ways of looking like a different person and different race in every picture.

She's the future. She's what we’ll all look like in a thousand years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harvdog said:

In for 200.  Epps is a prime example of great measurables but not having the will or desire to be great.  He's a prototype TE in the pros. Jeff Banks will coach the shit out of him or he will hit the portal.

He also reminds me of seeing a guy who is athletic and 7’ tall.  If dude had a hook shot, he would be on a court somewhere getting paid..if Epps can figure it out, our TE room is scary good

Absolutely. If he can put it together # we got Epps, Wiley, Leibrock, and I guess if Helms is underrated? Doesn't matter, those first 3 should beast out 

Did they ever disclose the off the field event that happened this summer/season that caused Herman to lose all remaining support in the admin? Remember them teasing that late last year.

It would be better for the program if they hold off on that until after he gets a job somewhere. Driving down his next salary hurts us
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Foosters said:

So you're going to die on this hill and your entire argument relies on the opinions of . . . the citizens of Alabama?

Good luck.

We all have experiences that make us wary of certain things and for me it was NC fans telling us that Mack's special teams always sucked and I discounted them for being stupid basketball fans. So ever since I head the warnings but surly made sure to remind me that taking positions based on feelings that lack logical arguments fall on their face.

cheese-1.jpg

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Running out of people.. if it's not some NFL guy I keep coming back to possibly Rocky Long.  He said he wants to DC for 3 more years.  He's the guy that Arnett says he learned everything from and the only reason Arnett  was at MSU was because Rocky said no (jokingly).

I doubt that.  

Rocky left SDSU because he didn't want to deal with the "pressures" of being a Head Coach.   

I tend to think that being DC at Texas is as much pressure as  being HC on The Mesa. 

21 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I’m told that Michelle likes to overdo it and they are both kind of bad mix when alcohol is involved.  Supposedly he’s been sober since June.  It was definitely an issue with players parents and one reason why the recruiting fell off a cliff so quickly.  You just can’t sell “I’m going to teach your boy to be a man,” when you show up to a recruit’s house obviously drunk.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

I don’t remember the quote exactly from the vid but he said he hasn’t called a curl route in a long time bc no one runs cover 3 so why call it.

Never understood why GDGD insisted on majority of stop routes. You have your receiver catch the ball with his back to the defense and then go from standing start and break tackles for YAC. 

Happens sometimes but not often enough. 

Crossing and hitting guys on the move seems like a much better base passing game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Personally surprised the Golding--Lanning--Muschamp "switcheroo" isn't getting more run given, assuming for sake of the discussion that it's true, it means Boom is actually on the table and interested in taking a DC gig this year. And if we assume Boom's order of preference for programs is UGA > Bama > UT, Sark's best move would be to play a game of chicken with Boom by not taking Golding and forcing the issue solely into the Bama/UGA court.

Bama isn't willing to push Golding out to make room for Lanning, or UGA isn't willing to can Lanning for Boom -- both realistic scenarios -- Boom is essentially down to UT DC, Bama/UGA analyst or assistant position, or sitting 2021 out. 

Tough to play a game of chicken with him when he’s fine sitting out a year and then coaching Georgia next year 

• Hook 'Em 1

Personal information
Born: September 13, 1974 (age 46)
Sherrill, New York, U.S.
Career information
High school: Vernon-Verona-Sherrill (NY)
College: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Career history
As coach:

14 minutes ago, bullzak said:

Never understood why GDGD insisted on majority of stop routes. You have your receiver catch the ball with his back to the defense and then go from standing start and break tackles for YAC. 

Crossing and hitting guys on the move seems like a much better base passing game. 

Hitting guys on the move sounds great, however, like Sark mentioned it all depends on personnel. It is much harder for a quarter back to hit a WR mid stride than a standing still target. 

Also, if you have 6’4 WR that runs a 5.0 40 it’s going to be hard for him to run away from the defender, but he can high ball a pass on a shorter CB with a curl. 

It all works just depending on personnel. Herman refused to change his offense for different personnel. Best example at UT of adapting to personnel is Shaka smart atm.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Woof. That's about the only name that has come up (non-Stoops division) that seems like has the potential to be a disaster.

IIRC, that dude claims to be related to Patricia and he's literally the only one pushing this narrative. He tweets about Patricia all the time. He also tweets a bunch of dumb political shit. He's an idiot and can be disregarded.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mack Brown’s scared to death of turnovers and negative plays. Chris Simms not seeing ahead gave them pause, as did pumpfakes, true playaction, rb screens, and jumpballs. GDGD’s dink and dunk offense gave them control over turnover liability. Against good defenses, it was less effective, moreso than it should, except in 2005 and 2008, when Colt’s and Vince’s brilliance and off-schedule plays made the offense less stagnant.

Herman shared GDGD conservative tendencies, specifically in attempting to manage games and mitigate risk.

All gas and no brakes is music to the ears. I expect the best offensive coaching since 2012, when Harsin overperformed despite some ragtag talent.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

IIRC, that dude claims to be related to Patricia and he's literally the only one pushing this narrative. He tweets about Patricia all the time. He also tweets a bunch of dumb political shit. He's an idiot and can be disregarded.

Specifically said he was friends with Patricia's cousin, semantics but ya he's literally the only one saying it, should be taken as seriously as the fucking squid 

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

@derpyhorndog anything going from Detroit to Austin yesterday? 

I said this a while back, but Patricia has family here.  A good friend knows this family member.  They asked that person if Patricia was interested in the Texas job and they said “No.  He wants to stay in the NFL.”.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I said this a while back, but Patricia has family here.  A good friend knows this family member.  They asked that person if Patricia was interested in the Texas job and they said “No.  He wants to stay in the NFL.”.

Great news.  We just got rid of an asshole head coach.  Don't need to hire a new one as DC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Hitting guys on the move sounds great, however, like Sark mentioned it all depends on personnel. It is much harder for a quarter back to hit a WR mid stride than a standing still target. 

Also, if you have 6’4 WR that runs a 5.0 40 it’s going to be hard for him to run away from the defender, but he can high ball a pass on a shorter CB with a curl. 

It all works just depending on personnel. Herman refused to change his offense for different personnel. Best example at UT of adapting to personnel is Shaka smart atm.

Understood but all that time OU kicked our ass their safeties never had to show their backs to our QB. Never. Just crowded the line so we could run or throw short passes into a stacked box. Predictably bad results. 

Way too easy to scheme unless you have witches at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2

But does he like money?