Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So Georgia has got Kirby Smart as HC and Muschamp as an analyst and they're going to make Lanning one of the highest paid DC's in college?  Kudo's to them.

Money whipping UGA was always a long shot, but I’m glad we went for it. On to the next candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Looks like the rivalry between the Big 12 and the SEC is is about to jump up a notch or two. Can hardly wait until we nail AtM and Alabama's hides to our wall. 

aggy will have to repo their hide off our wall, dust it off, reapply it and THEN we remove it again and re-nail...

• Hook 'Em 2

I know we won’t be played for money for the next one, texas getting turned down for a third DC candidate, after Boom and this douche bag, would be an awful look. My guess is something happens very quickly and I’m thinking Arnett

Or maybe now Boom knows Georgia ain’t opening up and we give him another pitch...
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I know we won’t be played for money for the next one, texas getting turned down for a third DC candidate, after Boom and this douche bag, would be an awful look. My guess is something happens very quickly and I’m thinking Arnett

I care less about optics and more about the practicality of needing a DC in place going into NSD2 and peak transfer season.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I'm curious why these guys feel the need to publicly declare who they turned down.  Ego and projection of relevance.

me: Boss, got a 2x offer from competitor.
Boss (option 1): pack your bags and fuck off.
Boss (option 2): we'll match.

If option 2 is chosen, boss and I don't skip down the halls declaring he just doubled my salary.  We'd both be universally hated.

I guess I am about to answer my own question - they announce this shit so that (1) coach's ego can be stroked and (2) program's ego can be stroked (3) BMDs ego can be stroked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

I'm curious why these guys feel the need to publicly declare who they turned down.  Ego and projection of relevance.

If option 2 is chosen, boss and I don't skip down the halls declaring he just doubled my salary.  We'd both be universally hated.

I guess I am about to answer my own question - they announce this shit so that (1) coach's ego can be stroked and (2) program's ego can be stroked (3) BMDs ego can be stroked.

make it rain money GIF by yvngswag

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I hope someone gets fired for that leak and sark should be giving sexton an earful

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Agent play. Free advertising for their services

2 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Recruiting. Makes the program look stronger. 

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Or maybe now Boom knows Georgia ain’t opening up and we give him another pitch...

5d checkers or something. If they felt the need to give this dude a huge raise, then Kirby...

spacer.png

Edited by Bevo14

9 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

7 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Agent play. Free advertising for their services

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Recruiting. Makes the program look stronger. 

In this case he's a public employee. His pay will be disclosed either way

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So Georgia has got Kirby Smart as HC and Muschamp as an analyst and they're going to make Lanning one of the highest paid DC's in college?  Kudo's to them.

And they have Schumann waiting in the wings

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Watching Nahlin pretend like he knows what is going on is comical. In consecutive posts on their coaching search thread he pontificates about Lanning going to Alabama and in the next post pretends like he “spared his readers” from the fact that Texas offered Lanning because it would cause an emotional rollercoaster. It’s fucking awesome to watch. He does not know fuck all what is going on. 

IT has been getting punked since Herman got fired.

• Hook 'Em 2

So what is the evidence we truly made a play for Lanning?  Chip Brown?  

Sexton leaks him the story and his client has a raise on less than six hours. 

I don't believe CDC and Sark who have been running shit in stealth mode all of a sudden fucked this up. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, deech said:

So what is the evidence we truly made a play for Lanning?  Chip Brown?  

Sexton leaks him the story and his client has a raise on less than six hours. 

I don't believe CDC and Sark who have been running shit in stealth mode all of a sudden fucked this up. 

Football scoop.  They're generally money

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I care less about optics and more about the practicality of needing a DC in place going into NSD2 and peak transfer season.

Yeah. It’s more important to hire the right DC than hire the wrong one quickly. We have plenty of time to recover in recruiting. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Lanning just paying us back for the Sugar Bowl, IMO.

Or he and his agent just did what any one of us would do if it meant a 1.25 million pay increase per year. 

• Like 1