Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Horns 247 / Chip Brown / Saturday update on Texas coaching staff searches

Spoiler

Saturday update on Texas coaching staff searches
ChipBrown

Just a quick update to say we’re hearing Tosh Lupoi is still in the mix - in some capacity - as a candidate to join Steve Sarkisian’s staff at Texas.
We’ve reported Lupoi has been offered the defensive line coaching position with the Dallas Cowboys by Dan Quinn. Lupoi coached the defensive line under Quinn last season with the Atlanta Falcons. Lupoi, who coached under Sarkisian at Washington (before going to Alabama and then to the NFL) would like at least a co-defensive coordinator title if he would return to college football, a source told Horns247.
We've reported Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett is someone Sarkisian was intrigued by after Sarkisian faced Arnett's defense in a 41-0 victory by the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa on Halloween, sources told Horns247.
Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com reported Friday Arkansas' Barry Odom was still a defensive coordinator candidate under consideration by Sarkisian. We'd heard that Odom and Sarkisian talked a couple weeks ago and that if Odom was going to take another job, he'd like to bring at least one coach with him, a source close to the situation told Horns247. 
According to our sources, Sarkisian has already hired Bo Davis as a defensive line coach, former Longhorn Blake Gideon as a position coach and Terry Joseph, a longtime secondary coach (most recently at Notre Dame), as a position coach.
Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles and Chris Ash, who served as UT's defensive coordinator last season, have been waiting to see how Sarkisian wants to fill out his staff, although we've heard Ash may have been let go by Sarkisian, freeing Ash up to join Urban Meyer's staff as a position coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
We've heard Sarkisian talked to Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning about joining the Texas staff on Friday, but a source close to the situation said Lanning plans to stay at Georgia, where the Bulldogs are expected to be loaded on defense next season.
Sources told Horns247 Saturday it's unclear if Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding is still under consideration by Sarkisian to join the Texas staff. We've reported Alabama coach Nick Saban, who helped recommend Sarkisian for the Texas job, has objected to Sarkisian attempting to hire Golding.
Stay tuned.

Pretty clear FCB has no inside information whatsoever and Surly is the closest thing he has to a “source”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

According to our sources, Sarkisian has already hired Bo Davis as a defensive line coach, former Longhorn Blake Gideon as a position coach

Holy shit! We hired Gideon? Breaking news guys! You heard it from Chip and Joanna... I mean Taylor... first!

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reveal hidden contents

ChipBrown

Just a quick update to say we’re hearing Tosh Lupoi is still in the mix - in some capacity - as a candidate to join Steve Sarkisian’s staff at Texas.

We’ve reported Lupoi has been offered the defensive line coaching position with the Dallas Cowboys by Dan Quinn. Lupoi coached the defensive line under Quinn last season with the Atlanta Falcons. Lupoi, who coached under Sarkisian at Washington (before going to Alabama and then to the NFL) would like at least a co-defensive coordinator title if he would return to college football, a source told Horns247.

We've reported Mississippi State defensive coordinator Zach Arnett is someone Sarkisian was intrigued by after Sarkisian faced Arnett's defense in a 41-0 victory by the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa on Halloween, sources told Horns247.

Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com reported Friday Arkansas' Barry Odom was still a defensive coordinator candidate under consideration by Sarkisian. We'd heard that Odom and Sarkisian talked a couple weeks ago and that if Odom was going to take another job, he'd like to bring at least one coach with him, a source close to the situation told Horns247. 

According to our sources, Sarkisian has already hired Bo Davis as a defensive line coach, former Longhorn Blake Gideon as a position coach and Terry Joseph, a longtime secondary coach (most recently at Notre Dame), as a position coach.

Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles and Chris Ash, who served as UT's defensive coordinator last season, have been waiting to see how Sarkisian wants to fill out his staff, although we've heard Ash may have been let go by Sarkisian, freeing Ash up to join Urban Meyer's staff as a position coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We've heard Sarkisian talked to Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning about joining the Texas staff on Friday, but a source close to the situation said Lanning plans to stay at Georgia, where the Bulldogs are expected to be loaded on defense next season.

Sources told Horns247 Saturday it's unclear if Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding is still under consideration by Sarkisian to join the Texas staff. We've reported Alabama coach Nick Saban, who helped recommend Sarkisian for the Texas job, has objected to Sarkisian attempting to hire Golding.

Stay tuned.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47m3yvdyz10xg8fo41l2

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reveal hidden contents

ChipBrown

Stay tuned.

Thanks Chip

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Sark has BDE. In the national title game with 5:20 left in the first half Bama gets the ball knowing they get it again to start the second half.  Most OC's think let's try for a nice time possession drive gets some points and then add to it to start the second half.  Sark goes to Golding and says, "hey can you get me a stop if we score in a hurry, cause I'd like to score twice before the half." and they did and added a field goal to start the 2nd half, game over.

Moral of the story, he's looking for someone who can get a stop, because we're going to outscore ERRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBODDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Until now i had not given this chick a second look.  Being a fan of Olivia Wilde, i had to take a second look.  Damn, i'm not sure what kind of voodoo or black magic woman we just got ourselves associated with.

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  we've been playing with the 4th place or worse Head Coach and an even worse staff for 10 years.  Additionally, we have yet to change the narrative on OL development.  I hope Sark and Flood can change that ASAP.

fixing to have our second olineman drafted in 13 years. it's almost like we had to try to be this bad

• Rage+1 1

There’s a publicity photo of her on this page from about a week ago where she looks completely different, the one where she’s in a black outfit, open in the front. In that, she’s clearly a person of color, but there’s nothing in this latest photo to suggest that. That’s why I thought there were different women named “Pole Assassin” (there are), but she has photos of her looking 20 different ways on her Twitter.

Edited by Vito Andolini

7 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Until now i had not given this chick a second look.  Being a fan of Olivia Wilde, i had to take a second look.  Damn, i'm not sure what kind of voodoo or black magic woman we just got ourselves associated with.

I'd be careful anyone who can morph that much, you might wake up one morning and find she has a dick

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Defense – football is a fundamental game, a lot of time we can get caught up in scheme. But for schemes to work you have to play with great fundamentals. I do think you need multiplicity in today’s college football, there’s too much offense right now. You have to be multiple to handle varying schemes from week to week and make things hard on your opponent. We want an attacking style defense, we want to be multiple inside, but we don’t want to sacrifice technique just to be multiple. It’ll take some time to grow into that, but ideally we can stem inside and help the guys up front.

This screams Zach Arnett. 

6 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

There’s a publicity photo of her on this page from about a week ago where she looks completely different, the one where she’s in a black outfit, open in the front. In that, she’s clearly a person of color, but there’s nothing in this latest photo to suggest that. That’s why I thought there were different women named “Pole Assassin” (there are), but she has photos of her looking 20 different ways on her Twitter.

Filters bro. Filters. 

I dead ass think they’re waiting for Muschamp buyout to be official. There was so negotiations because of some extension/reduction. 

This reeks of Urban or bust energy. I think Sark wanted Boom, thought he would get Boom, but didn’t get Boom. He’s now scrambling to vet the other options, and he hasn’t found the right fit yet.

That’s my read on what’s happening, FWIW. And I’m painfully aware that it’s not worth a got damned thing. I just think people need to quit living in fantasy land when it comes to Muschamp.

10 minutes ago, RichUT said:

This reeks of Urban or bust energy. I think Sark wanted Boom, thought he would get Boom, but didn’t get Boom. He’s now scrambling to vet the other options, and he hasn’t found the right fit yet.

That’s my read on what’s happening, FWIW. And I’m painfully aware that it’s not worth a got damned thing. I just think people need to quit living in fantasy land when it comes to Muschamp.

Yeah broadly agree with this. Feels like we’re getting over our skis again. 

On the other hand, could definitely see hiring Lupoi to be LB/Co-DC with Ash or another DB centric DC as playcalling DC.

14 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

She does clean up well. Wonder if she's trying to make a good impression now, keeping things in check image-wise, playing the role of good partner/gf/spouse, or what?

Maybe not. But quite interesting. 

Pretty sure her own mother would struggle to recognize her.

• Hook 'Em 1