Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

23 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Dennis Allen has entered the 9.95 Roulette portal.

Not sure who said this but as you can see from how antsy everyone is over here from spinning around the same names it's definitely them just throwing their subs a bone so that they can have a new toy to argue about for a day as they try to get real info

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

A monkey will shit atop your curtain rods

I have never owned a monkey, but I have witnessed some chimpanzees do some pretty ludicrous shit, so I’m assuming the behavior would be about the same.  I did know a guy who had a tiger for a little bit, so I’m no exotic animals virgin.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I have never owned a monkey, but I have witnessed some chimpanzees do some pretty ludicrous shit, so I’m assuming the behavior would be about the same.  I did know a guy who had a tiger for a little bit, so I’m no exotic animals virgin.

Big Cats Sunglasses GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

no one said to fuck the money...

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Dennis Allen has entered the 9.95 Roulette portal.

The ONLY reason I'm not going to immediately call bullshit on this is due to the fact that Allen's career has stalled out in the NFL. Five solid years as Saints DC and he isn't sniffing HC interviews or getting much buzz at all for openings. If anything his star has dimmed a bit. Plus he will always have that awful time as Raider HC weighing against him...

So is this almost certainly insider horseshit with them just throwing out NFL guys that could, in theory, explain the delay in the DC hiring process? Absolutely. But could Allen potentially view college as the only place he will ever be a HC again? And a couple years as Texas DC a prime way to get a cushy college job ASAP? I mean..  yeah, in theory. 

16 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

tiger_cubs.0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

TFB with a weird ass update

So let’s go back a bit. Last Monday, January 11th, in a post titled “The Likely Leader”, we reported the following regarding Pete Golding (link here):

Source also said that it sounds more and more like Pete Golding may end up being the guy at Texas.

***On January 13th we noted that we had begun to hear Jeremey Pruitt as a possible candidate for the DC job at Texas, pending the outcome of his situation at Tennessee (link here).

An added note here, while I was in the process of digging up additional information on the prospect of Pruitt being a candidate, I spoke to someone who told me that Pruitt told one of his transfer kids to hold off on a decision as he (Pruitt) might be able to get said player to Texas. That by itself isn’t dispositive but it certainly felt like evidence supporting the word of those who told me Sark was interested in Pruitt.

***On January 14th, we reported that Arnett was finally set to officially interview with Sark (link here).

***On Friday it was reported by Georgia outlets that Sark offered Dan Lanning. As I said, previously, that didn’t pass the smell test and a source with knowledge of the DC search confirmed that indeed an offer was not made to Lanning – although I suspect he got a raise out of the report.

***This weekend, there are reports on the Bama side that Pete Golding has been offered and the reports indicate the offer was made at a premium.

Before I address this I will note…

***I was told that another DC target who has not been mentioned by us or anyone else is in play for the job. I was asked not to publish the name, yet. So, I will not. Again this isn’t a guy who has been mentioned at all. But said DC’s camp was under the impression that things could get done as early as this morning. That has not happened.

Again, this is not a name you’ve heard. It isn’t Odom or Muschamp or Lupoi or Golding or Arnett or Lanning or Pruitt or, again, anyone else you’ve heard mentioned.

***So, the question is, what is the hold up?

***It very well could be Golding. As I said, we reported last Monday that we’d been told he had emerged as the leader.

But there are a few things to consider…

There are folks in the building at Bama who believe Nick wants to keep Golding. They say Nick thinks that while Golding isn’t seasoned, he is extremely bright.

There are others I’ve spoken to who believe that if Nick can get one of his old guys back (Muschamp or Pruitt) then he’d rather part ways with Golding. I tend to believe this theory. Given the turnover currently taking place at Bama, if Saban’s choice is between Golding or hiring someone completely new to him, then he’d prefer Golding. But again, if he can get say, Lanning or Pruitt or Muschamp, then I think he’d push Golding out.

The other thing is Golding is also in the hunt for the LSU job. A report indicating that Texas is about to pay a premium would be a nice play by Sexton (the agent) to either get LSU to offer Golding faster or pay Golding more (assuming, of course, Nick wants to go in another direction).

What I’m not understanding is Sark being patient and on the cusp of hiring someone outside of the the Saban circle (again, I’m withholding the name per their camp’s request) only to offer a bunch of money to Golding. Sark knows Golding very well. If he knew Golding was that good, why not come out guns blazing from jump?

Now, perhaps he just wanted to vet some other guys. That’s very possible. And I’ll add this, Mike Stoops was offered the North Texas DC job and our ties to Mike told us that he was unlikely to take it (and he didn’t) because he was still waiting on a few other possible things to shake out, including the possibility of going to Texas as a position coach (I’m not saying that’s happening and don’t worry either way – Mike’s actually a good position coach). And, that would only happen, I believe, if he thought Golding had a real shot at being the DC at Texas.

If you don’t see Golding announced to Texas in the very near future or you see him announced to LSU, then I’d say chances are Texas never offered him and they slowed the unnamed DC’s offer in order to help Golding and Nick find Golding a good landing spot.

If Golding stays at Bama then it’s unclear what happened. Either Bama outbid Sark or the report helped Sexton get Golding a raise. Either way, I’d expect them to then pivot back to the unnamed DC.

Should have a clearer picture in the next day or two as even no news on Golding would likely mean an offer was not yet made

• Hook 'Em 9

4 hours ago, Modessit said:

Apparently Pole Assassin is in Vegas. She working or did Banks go with her for a celebratory weekender? Seems weird if he got hired and then went on vacation. 2c3eef1bce781d91173e47e4e0016737.jpg

Posted 16 hrs ago.

Looks like the dress was made from an up-cycled bag of monkey chow.

2 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

tiger_cubs.0.jpg

It was actually Julio Franco.  At the time it was unclear if Julio owned it independently, or if Ruben Sierra was a co-owner, but the cat obeyed Julio.  I was a teenager at the time, and I just thought it was kind of cool that someone had a tiger that they kept in the back of their gold-plated Mercedes S Class.  They apparently donated it to the zoo when it ruined all of the furniture in the house and the leather upholstery in the car.  It also became very expensive to feed.  I met the tiger once, the backend of the story is secondhand.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

So let’s go back a bit. Last Monday, January 11th, in a post titled “The Likely Leader”, we reported the following regarding Pete Golding (link here):

Source also said that it sounds more and more like Pete Golding may end up being the guy at Texas.

***On January 13th we noted that we had begun to hear Jeremey Pruitt as a possible candidate for the DC job at Texas, pending the outcome of his situation at Tennessee (link here).

An added note here, while I was in the process of digging up additional information on the prospect of Pruitt being a candidate, I spoke to someone who told me that Pruitt told one of his transfer kids to hold off on a decision as he (Pruitt) might be able to get said player to Texas. That by itself isn’t dispositive but it certainly felt like evidence supporting the word of those who told me Sark was interested in Pruitt.

***On January 14th, we reported that Arnett was finally set to officially interview with Sark (link here).

***On Friday it was reported by Georgia outlets that Sark offered Dan Lanning. As I said, previously, that didn’t pass the smell test and a source with knowledge of the DC search confirmed that indeed an offer was not made to Lanning – although I suspect he got a raise out of the report.

***This weekend, there are reports on the Bama side that Pete Golding has been offered and the reports indicate the offer was made at a premium.

***I was told that another DC target who has not been mentioned by us or anyone else is in play for the job. I was asked not to publish the name, yet. So, I will not. Again this isn’t a guy who has been mentioned at all. But said DC’s camp was under the impression that things could get done as early as this morning. That has not happened.

Again, this is not a name you’ve heard. It isn’t Odom or Muschamp or Lupoi or Golding or Arnett or Lanning or Pruitt or, again, anyone else you’ve heard mentioned.

***It very well could be Golding. As I said, we reported last Monday that we’d been told he had emerged as the leader.

There are folks in the building at Bama who believe Nick wants to keep Golding. They say Nick thinks that while Golding isn’t seasoned, he is extremely bright.

There are others I’ve spoken to who believe that if Nick can get one of his old guys back (Muschamp or Pruitt) then he’d rather part ways with Golding. I tend to believe this theory. Given the turnover currently taking place at Bama, if Saban’s choice is between Golding or hiring someone completely new to him, then he’d prefer Golding. But again, if he can get say, Lanning or Pruitt or Muschamp, then I think he’d push Golding out.

The other thing is Golding is also in the hunt for the LSU job. A report indicating that Texas is about to pay a premium would be a nice play by Sexton (the agent) to either get LSU to offer Golding faster or pay Golding more (assuming, of course, Nick wants to go in another direction).

What I’m not understanding is Sark being patient and on the cusp of hiring someone outside of the the Saban circle (again, I’m withholding the name per their camp’s request) only to offer a bunch of money to Golding. Sark knows Golding very well. If he knew Golding was that good, why not come out guns blazing from jump?

Now, perhaps he just wanted to vet some other guys. That’s very possible. And I’ll add this, Mike Stoops was offered the North Texas DC job and our ties to Mike told us that he was unlikely to take it (and he didn’t) because he was still waiting on a few other possible things to shake out, including the possibility of going to Texas as a position coach (I’m not saying that’s happening and don’t worry either way – Mike’s actually a good position coach). And, that would only happen, I believe, if he thought Golding had a real shot at being the DC at Texas.

If you don’t see Golding announced to Texas in the very near future or you see him announced to LSU, then I’d say chances are Texas never offered him and they slowed the unnamed DC’s offer in order to help Golding and Nick find Golding a good landing spot.

If Golding stays at Bama then it’s unclear what happened. Either Bama outbid Sark or the report helped Sexton get Golding a raise. Either way, I’d expect them to then pivot back to the unnamed DC.

Should have a clearer picture in the next day or two as even no news on Golding would likely mean an offer was not yet made

The only person that actually knows what is happening is Sexton. That fucker knows how to make his clients money, and Obviously himself

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Summary is we don't know shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Uh, no. I told you motherfuckers from my first mention of her that she continues to work. Showed up in Tuscaloosa and started working the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa circuit and never stopped. She has danced for players that played for Bama on the reg. This is how we’re rolling boys. Let’s.Fucking.Go.

I was waiting for the day we actually engaged "womens romancing each other" mode for real.  Its here and its gonna be beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

happy modern art GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.gif.5f113808c3983a63107a3149bdd02f0f.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

Maybe Golding has a sex piranha.

I saw a 60 Minutes (or maybe it was a 20/20) episode about a woman who raised a chimp from infancy...fast forward a few years- It goes crazy (ape shit, if you will) attacks her and rips her face off. 
I’m.out. No thanks.

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I saw a 60 Minutes (or maybe it was a 20/20) episode about a woman who raised a chimp from infancy...fast forward a few years- It goes crazy (ape shit, if you will) attacks her and rips her face off. 
I’m.out. No thanks.

Yeah those fuckers are brutal.  Supposedly they'll rip off your nuts to keep as a prize.

Back on topic, curious who the mystery DC is.  I hold TFB in slightly higher esteem than the other 9.95ers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah those fuckers are brutal.  Supposedly they'll rip off your nuts to keep as a prize.

Back on topic, curious who the mystery DC is.  I hold TFB in slightly higher esteem than the other 9.95ers.

Thanks Joe Rogan

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe nobody's mentioned "mystery DC" on TFB but we've probably mentioned the guy here since we've gone down the entire list and off of it. Well, unless it's some CFL mothafucka or something

Edited by Bevo14

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

As am I.
And as do I. But truth be told, I hold you SOB’s in higher regard than I do any $9.95er...so take that for what it’s worth.

Are there any guesses as to whom may be said unnamed DC??? 

12 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I’m.out. No thanks.

If you think that's crazy, let me tell you about this girl named Lizzy Borden. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Maybe nobody's mentioned "mystery DC" on TFB but we've probably mentioned the guy here since we've gone down the entire list and off of it. Well, unless it's some CFL mothafucka or something

He would know how to defend the spread, but we would have to explain it's not "two and out."

5 hours ago, hookem48 said:

maybe Sark is just a cold blooded motherfucker

Is Nick crying? There’s no crying in football.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Tied at the hip to Campbell 

We have a sharp enough scalpel to correct the issue. By scalpel, I mean a fuck ton of money. 

Campbell ain’t THAT damn special. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

As am I.
And as do I. But truth be told, I hold you SOB’s in higher regard than I do any $9.95er...so take that for what it’s worth.

Are there any guesses as to whom may be said unnamed DC??? 

my brain: This will probably be something thoroughly underwhelming like DeRuyter....   Surly discussed him a lot but insiders really haven't so I tend to think he would qualify. Cal defense is entirely run by their HC Wilcox and this would be a C-tier hire at best but if this mystery thing isn't bullshit that is my blind guess.

my heart: WE GIVING VENABLES 4M A YEAR  LETS GOOOO BRING ON THAT TINY TROLL FACED FUCK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could the mystery DC candidate be Glenn Schumann (GA) or Derrick Ansley (Tenn) ??

This Tenn SI article says "Schumann has emerged as the favorite to be the defensive coordinator at Texas, which thins the field down."

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/vols-dc-derrick-ansley-linked-to-oregon-job

Five years coaching LBs, and Kirby Smarts first hire at Jawha -- Background article on Schumann (below)

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/2018-01-03/uga-ilb-coach-glenn-schumann-part-process-both-crimson-tide-and-bulldogs

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

I’m.out. No thanks.

image.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1