Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Which combination is better?

Pruitt/Anslay 

or 

Golding/Scott

Fuck Saban, get the best!

In my opinion it’s Golding/Scott.  You could call Scott and Ansley a draw (I would guess.  Idk for sure) and Pruitt is a better DC but with the idea of the show cause following him plus the way Golding called 2 playoff games, I’d take Golding/Scott 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Which combination is better?

Pruitt/Anslay 

or 

Golding/Scott

Fuck Saban, get the best!

I haven’t seen anything from Tennessee recently that would make me think

Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

if they were cheating their asses off to accomplish jack shit that makes it worse.

When would Pruitt and assistants know what their penalties are?

Sure feels like the domino that gets things moving although people may need clarity on the penalty. If the penalty isn't bad, Pruitt becomes a top target for LSU, us, and I guess Bama.

Also some interesting assistants on that staff that could be available as analysts or for the last D spot.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Tennessee notwithstanding.

I get that but if Pruitt were to call Saban right now and tell him he wants in Saban would move mountains to bring him in. He had a bad run at Tennessee but he is well respected in the industry. If we would've been excited for muschamp we should be doing cartwheels for Pruitt, he is the real deal.

43 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There’s noise on various other SEC boards that a bomb is about to drop at Tennessee. This would be about the 5th time in the last few weeks that said bomb were dropping. It’s a stubborn bomb.  

Sources say the bomb has been in negotiations with school administration for weeks. The hangup is that the bomb refuses to land in Knoxville.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

When would Pruitt and assistants know what their penalties are?

Sure feels like the domino that gets things moving although people may need clarity on the penalty. If the penalty isn't bad, Pruitt becomes a top target for LSU, us, and I guess Bama.

Also some interesting assistants on that staff that could be available as analysts or for the last D spot.

LSU is focusing on that Nielsen kid. If Pruitt is hirable after today, Bama will go after him hard. If he goes to Bama we'll probably get Golding and that will be the end of it.

Saban can get away with taking a flyer on Pruitt. Shit goes wrong, he's still Nick Saban and Alabama won't hold him accountable. I don't see Sark taking that same risk his first year here with people still questioning his character (right or wrong). Golding/Scott is much more likely if this was what we were waiting on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If Pruitt is being fired for cause then there is no touching him as a coach right now... as an analyst is a maybe, but if Tenn has enough to fire him for cause, then the NCAA has to look and he will be tainted for a few years till it all sorts out.

Yeah that'd make it tough for a new coach like Sark. Saban could probably pull it off. And it's not like anyone is talking about hiring him as an HC, just DC where he presumably wouldn't have the power to repeat his infractions. No idea what the precedent is for situations like this.

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If Pruitt is being fired for cause then there is no touching him as a coach right now... as an analyst is a maybe, but if Tenn has enough to fire him for cause, then the NCAA has to look and he will be tainted for a few years till it all sorts out.

Pruitt may have to take some off the field role like "special assistant to Saban"  (similar to Butch Jones' role at Bama)

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Shelton Felton?  His parents must've hated him. That's not a bad looking staff though.

That staff, with all of the overt cheating, couldn’t win shit.  Even with bama every year along with Georgia and Florida, they still got vandy, scar, Kentucky, and Missouri every season. 

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Tail No. isn’t shown on FlightAware but confirmed it is N424FX. Owned by a group that includes Group 1 Auto out of Houston, and a John Walter that looks to live in Dallas and have contributed a substantial amount to UT Southwestern. That said, it’s a Flexjet so who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Saban can get away with taking a flyer on Pruitt. Shit goes wrong, he's still Nick Saban and Alabama won't hold him accountable. I don't see Sark taking that same risk his first year here with people still questioning his character (right or wrong). Golding/Scott is much more likely if this was what we were waiting on.

I dont get why everyone assumes Scott is coming. That would make Gideon the odd man out unless Banks doesn't touch special teams, and Sark wouldn't do that to an alum out of the gate when he is trying to build support within the program.

I wonder if Golding-Lupoi would be an option.

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

If Arnett was the guy, it would have been done days ago. Likely same for Odom although he doesn't seem as hungry to leave so may take more time.

Makes me think Golding or Pruitt have to be the real targets

There’s a third option out there, but I’ve been sworn to secrecy on him (or her!). If someone not named Golding or Pruitt are hired, I’ll let you know if it is this person. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

I dont get why everyone assumes Scott is coming. That would make Gideon the odd man out unless Banks doesn't touch special teams, and Sark wouldn't do that to an alum out of the gate when he is trying to build support within the program.

I wonder if Golding-Lupoi would be an option.

Yea that was just assuming Pruitt brought Ansley to Bama. Gideon is going to be shifted and will probably have an assitant-*insert position* coach role regardless.

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Is Ansley good enough for our DC job?

Probably the same question that you get from Lanning or even Golding of is it his D or is it the HCs. That being said if I remember correctly he is a hell of a CB coach and is a good recruiter 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s a third option out there, but I’ve been sworn to secrecy on him (or her!). If someone not named Golding or Pruitt are hired, I’ll let you know if it is this person. 

I’m well aware of that option too, I just don’t want to put y’all on a rollercoaster.