Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.thumb.png.50ea69e28fc800bec152c0f24dcf847a.png

that last line basically means he doesn't know shit

new girl i give up GIF

also, not following what has been happening in Tennessee? so either he is not great at his job, doesn't care about CFB or is so busy in January that he doesn't have time to follow it?

meanwhile all these folks at surly that are paid exactly $0 are following it closer than he is?

i mean, really. this is an even worse poste/update than that TFB one that CTJ trashed earlier this morning.

edit: seriously, imagine writing out "this post is as much speculation as it is well-informed" and clicking submit on that post.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

ESPN saying Fulmer is retiring as well.  Makes me think it’s deeper shit than we realize. 

Such a shame. There goes Fulmer’s chance to take over as coach and win a repeat Fulmer Cup award. He would have been the favorite. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but say we did hire Pruitt and he eventually gets hit with a show cause, what exactly would that mean?  We have to let him go?  Can't recruit?

We’d likely let him go when the show cause came down due to the restrictions on Pruitt, and it’s possible but not likely the NCAA could penalize us if we kept him. 

47 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wasn’t this all from an internal investigation (to fire Pruitt with cause)?  Should be a while before any NCAA punishments are known. 

Yes. The NCAA hasn’t started investigating. And then may never because there useless, or maybe Tenn “self-reports” for a light penalty. Hard to know, but they could implicate Pruitt in whatever they self-report. 

35 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Seems more likely this starts the dominos that get us Golding than we actually hire Pruitt. But man if we hire Pruitt, we’ll all know burnt orange bags are gonna be dropping all over the country. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Or Fulmer is just a fucking idiot of an AD that rivals Steve Patterson?

I mean Steve Patterson is at least intelligent to some degree and just not great at his job - meanwhile Fulmer is the guy who thinks he is brilliant, but isn't and thinks he is killing it at his job, but isn't.

Forget Pruitt and Golding.  I just hope Monkey Gia is able to adequately explain to recruits, on the eve of NSD2, why her official hire announcement took so damn long, even though it was her the entire time.  She may not be comfortable getting into the whole rabies recovery timeline with them, but I'm concerned about perception, if she doesn't. 

If she's in Austin, or even Vegas with mommy for that matter, why can't she at least be working the phones or Zooming with these kids now.  I'm sure some of them would like to at least hear her voice or see her little pink face, even if the camera catches her engaged in sex acts with Pole Assassin or, even worse, throwing her own shit around the place... ala Excrement-Launching Analysis (this f'in kills me).

Enough, tell us it's the monkey already.

Edited by hobbs

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

We’d likely let him go when the show cause came down due to the restrictions on Pruitt, and it’s possible but not likely the NCAA could penalize us if we kept him. 

Yes. The NCAA hasn’t started investigating. And then may never because there useless, or maybe Tenn “self-reports” for a light penalty. Hard to know, but they could implicate Pruitt in whatever they self-report. 

Seems more likely this starts the dominos that get us Golding than we actually hire Pruitt. But man if we hire Pruitt, we’ll all know burnt orange bags are gonna be dropping all over the country. 

Just seems more likely Pruitt has to go back to Bama and may stay in an off-the-field role. 

Wonder if Saban is now willing to let Golding and Scott go -- have Charles Kelly take over DC, Stoops LBs, and try to hire LSU CB coach??

Just now, Laxtonto said:

So might be a dumb question, but if we are going the bag man route, why bring in Pruitt that guarantees the NCAA will be poking around in Austin?

I agree. Doesn’t make sense to bring the heat of the spotlight that comes with Pruitt. 
My guess is it’s either Golding or Ansley. I guess it depends how much Ansley gets implicated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I get that Pruitt is a great DC, but is Saban really going to replace Golding coming off a NC run that included fantastic defensive performances against 2 of the best offenses in the country with a guy that potentially has a show cause looming?

I don't think Sark will touch him either.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone defending those fuckfaces after that update should get neg-bombed off of this site. 

you know the difference between Wescott Eberts and Geoff Ketchum?

Ketch burns longer

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The LB Coach at Tennessee (Neidermeyer?) is supposedly one of the best coaches/recruiters on that staff.

I'm pretty sure that he's the actual coach who's implicated in whatever shenanigans actually went down that Pruitt is taking the fall for. But if not, I'd take a combo of Pruitt and him or Ansley.

FCB 

Spoiler

Good Afternoon Horns247!!

— Yahoo's Pete Thamel tweeted that Tennessee is planning to part ways with head football coach Jeremy Pruitt on Monday, a development that could have implications for Steve Sarkisian's defensive coordinator search, sources told Horns247.

Sources have indicated to Horns247 that Sarkisian was focused on Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding to take over the same position at Texas but that Alabama coach Nick Saban was objecting to that unless Saban had a suitable defensive coordinator replacement.

Sources close to the situation have told Horns247 Saban thinks Pruitt was the best defensive coordinator Saban has had at Alabama, and those sources said Saban has known for weeks that Pruitt might be let go at Tennessee.

So the biggest question is if Tennessee lets go of Pruitt for cause - meaning school officials have found something they think Pruitt did that might've violated his being eligible for a contract buyout - could Pruitt be facing some kind of "show-cause" penalty from the NCAA (even though it would likely take months or even a year before that's ruled on by the NCAA)?

A show-cause penalty means any NCAA penalties imposed on a coach found to have committed major rules violations would stay in effect against the coach for a specified period of time and could be transferred to any other NCAA-member school that tries to hire the coach while the sanctions are still in effect. Both the school and coach are required to send letters to the NCAA agreeing to abide by the restrictions imposed.

Obviously, if Saban has interest in hiring Pruitt as his defensive coordinator, Golding would become available for Sarkisian as defensive coordinator.

COMMENTS
Another name to keep an eye on as a hot defensive coordinator candidate at any top program is current Tennessee defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, a former defensive backs coach at Alabama (2016-17) and the Oakland Raiders (2018) who is also considered an elite recuiter.

Stay tuned.

TLDR Chip is days behind as usual

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The opposite actually. Means shit was really bad. 

Yeah via this article looks like there were level 1 infractions uncovered. I think only Saban would be able to get away with this hiring

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30735416/sources-tennessee-football-coach-jeremy-pruitt-internal-investigation