Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

10 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

yeah, I remember that fiasco.  But we seem to be at the point of throw out any name you can think of.  At least he has ties to Texas, was a quality DC, is a position coach now so might want to be "the guy" again, and is with a team still playing so explains the delay in naming him.  99.9% it won't happen, but at least he ain't stoops.  :)

Sarkisian said Stoops was an incredible mind not because he thinks Stoops knows much but because he is setting us all up to be relieved it was not Mike Stoops. That way he muffles some of the criticism that is going to come his way.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This thread needs to be shuttered if only because it tends to bring up the worst Texas football memories every couple pages. 

What, you mean like Colt getting injured against bama, or losing the CCG in 2001?

DC update from TFB:

Spoiler

***I’ll tell you up front. I still can’t give out the name of the new DC target. But as I said in the comments section in the previous post, he’s a great candidate and he’s more seasoned than someone like Golding.

***As of this past weekend, folks in his camp felt like they were close to a deal and then things went a bit quiet on Sunday.

***As I said, yesterday, that could’ve been due to a number of reasons. Could have been due to nothing other than Sark wanted to take a breather before anything proceeded.

***I am told that talks have resumed between Texas and this other DC target.

***That tells me that either Golding was never really offered or Golding declined. I tend to think it was the former. Why? Because we are a week past the national championship. Sark knows everything he needs to know about Golding. Why would he begin discussions with another candidate only to turn around an suddenly offer the guy he’s already known and worked with?

***My suspicion remains that the Golding reports about Texas trying to pay top dollar for him was someone trying to see if they could push things with LSU. Well, LSU hired a DC today and it wasn’t Pete Golding.

***If I had to guess, Sark knew the results of the Pruitt thing were coming and he held things up to see what would come of those. Pruitt was fired today with cause which may mean he will carry a “show cause”. That doesn’t mean he can’t be hired but what it actually means will take time to know and would require Texas to navigate.

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

***Also, I’ve heard from folks on Arnett’s side who say that they believe Sark really likes Arnett but that the big money folks would prefer a bigger name like a Pruitt or Golding. This other DC I’ve been referring to may be a nice a balance between them all, actually. Don’t know if the name is big enough for the big money people but his resume is hard to argue with and his name in coaching circles in bigger than Arnett’s.

***So, what happens now? I don’t know for sure but if talks have resumed between Sark and the DC who I’m choosing not to name, then I’d guess there’s at least a decent chance he ends up landing the job. It also says that nothing has necessarily been decided.

***I’ll give things another day or two before we begin to close the book on Golding. I’m almost expecting to press publish on this article and find a report on twitter that Golding is headed to Texas haha!

***It may take a little longer to know whether the book is open or closed on Pruitt.

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DC update from TFB:

Reveal hidden contents

***I’ll tell you up front. I still can’t give out the name of the new DC target. But as I said in the comments section in the previous post, he’s a great candidate and he’s more seasoned than someone like Golding.

***As of this past weekend, folks in his camp felt like they were close to a deal and then things went a bit quiet on Sunday.

***As I said, yesterday, that could’ve been due to a number of reasons. Could have been due to nothing other than Sark wanted to take a breather before anything proceeded.

***That tells me that either Golding was never really offered or Golding declined. I tend to think it was the former. Why? Because we are a week past the national championship. Sark knows everything he needs to know about Golding. Why would he begin discussions with another candidate only to turn around an suddenly offer the guy he’s already known and worked with?

***My suspicion remains that the Golding reports about Texas trying to pay top dollar for him was someone trying to see if they could push things with LSU. Well, LSU hired a DC today and it wasn’t Pete Golding.

***If I had to guess, Sark knew the results of the Pruitt thing were coming and he held things up to see what would come of those. Pruitt was fired today with cause which may mean he will carry a “show cause”. That doesn’t mean he can’t be hired but what it actually means will take time to know and would require Texas to navigate.

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

***Also, I’ve heard from folks on Arnett’s side who say that they believe Sark really likes Arnett but that the big money folks would prefer a bigger name like a Pruitt or Golding. This other DC I’ve been referring to may be a nice a balance between them all, actually. Don’t know if the name is big enough for the big money people but his resume is hard to argue with and his name in coaching circles in bigger than Arnett’s.

***So, what happens now? I don’t know for sure but if talks have resumed between Sark and the DC who I’m choosing not to name, then I’d guess there’s at least a decent chance he ends up landing the job. It also says that nothing has necessarily been decided.

***I’ll give things another day or two before we begin to close the book on Golding. I’m almost expecting to press publish on this article and find a report on twitter that Golding is headed to Texas haha!

***It may take a little longer to know whether the book is open or closed on Pruitt.

Yes.  Exactly.  Yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DC update from TFB:

Hide contents

So, an NFLer whose season ended over the weekend?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP