Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Here's another random name. Was LB coach when Sark was with Atlanta, finished this season as the DC. Was on Pete Carroll's staff in Seattle, spent 3 years at UCLA as their LBer coach.

Jeff Ulbrich.

Mystery coach is still employed. 

Edited by TexasEx
Saleh May want him as jets DC

7 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Here's another random name. Was LB coach when Sark was with Atlanta, finished this season as the DC. Was on Pete Carroll's staff in Seattle, spent 3 years at UCLA as their LBer coach.

Jeff Ulbrich.

I don't hate this but I think he stays in the NFL

1 minute ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Found this article on the 2018 UW defense... any thoughts on how a 2-4-5 scheme would translate to the Big 12?

https://wholeninesports.com/2019/09/07/breaking-down-the-washington-huskies-defense/

Orlando toyed around with some very db heavy schemes his last year.  I like it in theory, especially when you have guys like Overshown and Foster who can function as lbs, but all of our dbs got hurt that year so we will never know.  2 down lineman seems like a bad idea though.

https://www.si.com/college/washington/recruiting/while-oregon-loses-another-defensive-coordinator-uw-counts-on-same-guy.

good article on Pete Kwiatkowski. According to the article, jimmy lake only took over the co dc role because Kwiatowski didn’t want to lose him to Bama. Also shows how well his defenses have done at UW. 

28 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Found this article on the 2018 UW defense... any thoughts on how a 2-4-5 scheme would translate to the Big 12?

https://wholeninesports.com/2019/09/07/breaking-down-the-washington-huskies-defense/

2-4-5 is fine as long as you’re using 2 pass rushing OLBs (which I believe he does though not positive). Then it’s basically just a 4 man line that bases out of nickel. Again, these formation numbers are pointless unless you know how they actually utilize their formations. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Kwiatkowski’s had a top 25 defense almost every year for the past 10 years, including multiple times in the top 10. He would be a great hire if he’s the mystery candidate. 

Looks like he’s only make 1 million a year too

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Kwiatkowski’s had a top 25 defense almost every year for the past 10 years, including multiple times in the top 10. He would be a great hire if he’s the mystery candidate. 

And a ton of guys drafted...many of them high. I haven't looked to see what their ratings were coming out of HS, but seems he helps guys shine. I hope he's our guy.

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Looks like he’s only make 1 million a year too

Ridiculously underpaid considering his success.  But that article posted earlier makes it seem as though he had no interest in the Boise St job. Have to wonder if doubling his salary here would even matter. Seems like a guy content where he’s at. But, damn, that would be awesome if he was the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ridiculously underpaid considering his success.  But that article posted earlier makes it seem as though he had no interest in the Boise St job. Have to wonder if doubling his salary here would even matter. Seems like a guy content where he’s at. But, damn, that would be awesome if he was the guy. 

So we good to get all excited only to have our hearts broken again tomorrow? 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

It may be that he’s not interested in being a HC. He played at BSU, was the DC for Peterson then left with him to go to UW and stayed after he retired, but it doesn’t look like he has any clear connections to UW otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm sick of Petersen and his guys with their "content with life" bullshit. This is America. Everything is all about Fuck You Pay Me, moarmoarmoar etc. It hurts my soul. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

2-4-5 is fine as long as you’re using 2 pass rushing OLBs (which I believe he does though not positive). Then it’s basically just a 4 man line that bases out of nickel. Again, these formation numbers are pointless unless you know how they actually utilize their formations. 

So in that case it's really just a light 4-2-5?

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just re read that TFB article and really think it’s Pete K

More seasoned than Golding- check

At a good job currently- check

Not a huge name but his resume speaks for itself-check

Sark ties- kinda check with Washington, not directly but I’m sure he has folks that can vouch for him

Also only making a million bucks, criminally underpaid and can be money whipped- check

Let’s do it!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Sark ties- kinda check with Washington, not directly but I’m sure he has folks that can vouch for him

Also only making a million bucks, criminally underpaid and can be money whipped- check

Let’s do it!

Lol ... patience, friend.

Let’s do it!
.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd72rsyhiedq9ftswnrguexxdadta1q0q38gnexdg9t&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Let’s do it!

Don’t do this to yourself. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Let’s do it!

image.gif.e5b505661e54625a97207e6562723ef9.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, oh_snap said:

Jimmy Lake worked for Kwiatkowski at first and then becomes his boss? If Pete’s the guy, looking forward to that rationalization. 

Article posted earlier says that Pete K gave up his sole DC-ship so that they could keep Jimmy Lake when Alabama came calling. Sounds like he’s got a pretty good relationship with Lake.