Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Makes sense that he’s scrolling surly after we made so many new friend on HardcoreHusky.com or whatever the fuck it was called

I won't know what to think of this hire until I see BleachedAnusDawg's take

That Kim somebody from UW 247 jumped on the UT 247 board with these comments:

•  He's good. Really good. If it happens, you scored big. Mild manned, even temperament, mad scientist. Good dude. Great coach.,
  • I don't think it's done yet, but I expect it to happen. My source is different, and it's a good source.
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

My wife and boss will be very happy because I’ve done no work and have bored my wife to death talking about Texas football since the Urban or Bust thread days. 

Do you know what your wife and your boss have been doing while you were Surleying?  Hmm?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

If he’s the guy, why didn’t this get announced a week ago?

The timing of this makes me certain we were just waiting out the Pruitt situation. There was always a chance he wouldn't directly get tied into the scandal or they would be lesser infractions not full on Level 1 shit. Instead he gets fired for cause and that pretty much makes him radioactive and then BOOM we pivot to an excellent Option B in Peter K. 

28 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

WTF am I supposed to do now?

We still get to wildly speculate about who the final position coach will be at least for now. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Woot! You mean to tell me that Pete Golding to Texas was made up bullshit when being pushed out there ahead of the national title game? Stunning. 

This is a shocking, excellent fucking hire. This staff fucks.  

Yep. Ranks above most of the names that have been kicked around on this thread. I’m gruntled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

20 of our 35+ was probably 0u.

Name some good PAC12 teams during that stretch.

Oregon, Stanford, Washington State, Utah, and USC have been good off and on during that stretch. And Washington made it to the playoff. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I don’t but if that’s the sacrifice I had to make to get rid of Herman and have a real coaching staff hired at Texas then I’ll just deal with them later. 

Good to see someone has their priorities straight here...

Whoever rounds out the defensive staff really needs to be a great recruiter. Davis is great but Gideon is a complete unknown (I expect him to develop into a great one with all his Texas HS ties but it'll take time), Joseph is an okay recruiter but nothing special, and Peter K is generally considered a non-factor in recruitment beyond simply guys wanting to play for his defense. So we just go hire the best recruiter we can find who coaches LBs or CBs and call this bitch done?

• Hook 'Em 2