Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

So is the deal he is going to get a raise and staying or the deal is that he is coming to Texas. The statement above can be seen either way.

I think they were being sarcastic. Like how if FCB puts something out there we immediately go "well we know THAT isn't happening". So this guy saying "It is a done deal" had that poster sarcastically saying "oh well relax then because no ways its true"

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

I think they were being sarcastic. Like how if FCB puts something out there we immediately go "well we know THAT isn't happening". So this guy saying "It is a done deal" had that poster sarcastically saying "oh well relax then because no ways its true"

Anyone got a translation of this? Little help over here ....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm sick of Petersen and his guys with their "content with life" bullshit. This is America. Everything is all about Fuck You Pay Me, moarmoarmoar etc. It hurts my soul. 

I'm actually surprised there aren't more Bud Foster/Brent Venables types with modern coordinator pay.  Getting what was HC money 10 years ago with no HC headaches seems like a damn good gig. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I'm actually surprised there aren't more Bud Foster/Brent Venables types with modern coordinator pay.  Getting what was HC money 10 years ago with no HC headaches seems like a damn good gig. 

Yeah, this. Being a HC is a whole different animal. Not for errrbody.

18 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

This is correct.

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Did Super K delete his tweet saying done deal should be announced soon? Now that I click on it is not found. That SOB better have not gotten us all riled up for nothing.

Yeah looks like he did. He has still been RTing and liking stuff about it though. 

Seems more like he got slapped on the wrist for “announcing” something was official than he’s backing off the sentiment. Think we are still good.  

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah looks like he did. He has still been RTing and liking stuff about it though. 

Seems more like he got slapped on the wrist for “announcing” something was official than he’s backing off the sentiment. Think we are still good.  

TFB_Texas still has theirs up..

This shit better be real because I am going to lose my fucking mind if we get him. This guy fucks. He’s fundamentally sound but also has a scheme that holds up against spread offenses, and his development of players is off the charts. Combining a guy like this with Texas’ access to talent will be almost unfair. Coach K fucks. Sark fucks. This whole staff fucks, and the Sooners suck. Holy shit. Please don’t let this be a mirage.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Does this complete our coaching staff or should we be anticipating a different full-time LB corch?

He coaches OLBs at UW, so I would expect we still need an ILB coach. Wonder if it’s too late for Hutzler to stay. Unless Gideon coaches ILBs and we hire a CB coach, by that seems unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not the worst idea Wescott has ever had. 

ILB coach is the open spot right now. 

28 minutes ago, wood said:

Looks like 'Coach K' was a candidate for the Rams DC job recently... https://ramblinfan.com/2020/01/06/5-top-candidates-la-rams-must-consider-for-vacant-dc-role/5/

I like this bit:

this would at least explain the delay. 

27 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

Saw on UW 247 someone claimed 6 million guaranteed. 2 per over 3 years. Internet, so definitely true.

That would be a pretty reasonable contract. Not too crazy outlandish, but enough to money whip him away from UW. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This shit better be real because I am going to lose my fucking mind if we get him. This guy fucks. Please don’t let this be a mirage...   He coaches OLBs at UW, so I would expect we still need an ILB coach. Wonder if it’s too late for Hutzler to stay. Unless Gideon coaches ILBs and we hire a CB coach, by that seems unlikely.   ILB coach is the open spot right now. 

Hope still time to possibly keep Hutzler...

3 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Wow! I go away for a few hours and this happens. Tonight is the only sort-of psychic thing that’s ever happened to me. 

Now I’m pumped and can’t sleep. Hook ‘em!

Same. I woke up to get one of my kids back to sleep and now I’m not gonna be able to sleep. This would be the best coordinator hire in over a decade.  Sark may have just put together one of the best coaching staffs in the entire country. 

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Rams "consideration" was a year ago

You think I actually read the article he posted like a fucking nerd? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Same. I woke up to get one of my kids back to sleep and now I’m not gonna be able to sleep. This would be the best coordinator hire in over a decade.  Sark may have just put together one of the best coaching staffs in the entire country. 

You think I actually read the article he posted like a fucking nerd? 

Yeah ain't nobody got time for that. 

Re: the potential staff, would this be the most loaded one in Texas Football history?

1 minute ago, htownjd said:

NSIAP but is Jimmy Lake coming too? i thought PK and Lake were a tandem and Lake was actually calling dc plays at UW since like 2018? shit nvm lake is HC now WHOOPS lmao

I heard PK took a step back so Lake wouldn’t leave to Alabama and gave up the play calling duties this season...which a lot of posters said they regressed 

12 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I heard PK took a step back so Lake wouldn’t leave to Alabama and gave up the play calling duties this season...which a lot of posters said they regressed 

All I had to do was watch the 2016 Washington Defense vs that Bama offense in the playoffs...
IM SOLD!!!!!!
No way Washington’s Defense should have been aBle to keep Bamas 5stars in check like that  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

All I had to do was watch the 2016 Washington Defense vs that Bama offense in the playoffs...
IM SOLD!!!!!!
No way Washington’s Defense should have been aBle to keep Bamas 5stars in check like that  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400876107

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Peach_Bowl

Bama scored 10 points off of turnovers. And the final score was 24-7 Bama. Very interesting.

IM SOLD!!!!!!
So Sark was an Offensive Analyst and interim OC for Alabama in 2016. Guess he remembered the trouble they gave Bama.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

So this guy posted something on the message board for husky's that was interpreted as he is staying.

Someone on Husky board stated crisis has been averted.

1406svpb0471.png

So is the deal he is going to get a raise and staying or the deal is that he is coming to Texas. The statement above can be seen either way.

In context, it would be like one of us citing Fuck Chip Brown.

This person who is wrong all the time says he's going, so he's staying.

But even Fuck Chip Brown gets fed a nut once in a while.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

👀

Wow I went to bed right before this came out. Credit to @Butch Had Not @Reese Bennett @Hiphopopotamos @RGBIII. Y’all were on to this pretty good. Hope I didn’t leave anyone out, but you are some soothsaying investigative mfers. Good work!

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3