Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

My brother is a UW alum and he has given me a ton of shit when sark was brought onboard. 
since sark has started putting together his staff he’s shut up. This news broke last ugly for him and I woke up to a few e-mail sized texts with an unmistakable aggy flavor. 
Coach K seems like he’s kinda a big deal. 
I just had an evil laugh reading this. Feels good to finally flex the program's muscles for what seems like a decade. Closest to this was when we hired herm when he was the hottest commodity but this feels like ALL the pieces are coming together

Nahlin with no new info or confirmation

Kareem at The Football Braniacs:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1351400872702582784

If you’ve followed Washington over the years you’re familiar with Kwiatkowski’s work. He and head coach Jimmy Lake formed quite the partnership with Lake getting much of the credit. Lake was elevated to head coach largely on their defensive track record (and Lake’s own recruiting).

Kiwatkowski isn’t a great recruiter but that won’t matter quite as much at an ascending Texas.

If it’s Pete, Sarkisian made one error in trading Blake Gideon for Coleman Hutzler. They’re going to have to get creative in balancing out the defensive staff.

Bo Davis is fine on the defensive line and needs no help.

Outside of coordinating, Kwiatkowski has only coached OLB or DL dating back to his time at Boise State.

Blake Gideon is a DB coach.

Terry Joseph is a safeties or corners coach, but a maximized staff would have him at safeties.

If Kwiatkowski’s the guy, there will be one available coaching position. Ideally they’d get an ace recruiter at corner but they may need a linebacker coach.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1351407773104304129

”Within reason, they’re not going to lose guys over money.”

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not saying it will be him, but Bob Gregory has been the ILB coach with PK since 2010 at BSU and UW. 

UW fans seem to be a-okay with losing Gregory, unlike the loss of PK, should both happen. I know of Kwiatkowski, but very little about Gregory. 

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Anything official

yet?  Still fees unsteady but of Tfb ran with it I like our chances

You obviously know there is nothing official about any assistant yet. I’ve been wondering if the delay in announcing the staff is related to the job posting rules. If so, it seems like that expires any day now. I know the HC role is exempt from that rule but maybe assistants are not. 

10 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

So far Kwtfgredgski sounds the most like the "mystery candidate" to me.

the great thing about inventing a "mystery" candidate, is it can be just about anybody and you can say "we knew, we told you so" if someone from the field is chosen.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nahlin with no new info or confirmation

Kareem at The Football Braniacs:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1351400872702582784

If you’ve followed Washington over the years you’re familiar with Kwiatkowski’s work. He and head coach Jimmy Lake formed quite the partnership with Lake getting much of the credit. Lake was elevated to head coach largely on their defensive track record (and Lake’s own recruiting).

Kiwatkowski isn’t a great recruiter but that won’t matter quite as much at an ascending Texas.

If it’s Pete, Sarkisian made one error in trading Blake Gideon for Coleman Hutzler. They’re going to have to get creative in balancing out the defensive staff.

Bo Davis is fine on the defensive line and needs no help.

Outside of coordinating, Kwiatkowski has only coached OLB or DL dating back to his time at Boise State.

Blake Gideon is a DB coach.

Terry Joseph is a safeties or corners coach, but a maximized staff would have him at safeties.

If Kwiatkowski’s the guy, there will be one available coaching position. Ideally they’d get an ace recruiter at corner but they may need a linebacker coach.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1351407773104304129

”Within reason, they’re not going to lose guys over money.”

Since everybody is coveting various CB coaches you could argue Joseph was the mistake instead of Blake, but I think both were fine hires actually.

Edited by Bevo14

We getting that Nansen guy from UCLA for the last spot? Remember him being mentioned several pages ago. Looks like he's the DL coach at UCLA but was ILB coach at USC before. Seems like he's coached just about every position group in his career.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

We getting that Nansen guy from UCLA for the last spot? Remember him being mentioned several pages ago. Looks like he's the DL coach at UCLA but was ILB coach at USC before.

This would be fine although im sure there are better options available. If coach K is indeed an average recruiter, then we need one more rainmaker.

13 minutes ago, JBJ said:

His defense at UW seems fun.

Bases from a 2-4-5 with a good amount of 3-2-6 from what I can tell. 

Mixed coverages, many different looks.

Waiting for the "we need 4 man front" dudes to wake up from their 5 man orgies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Seems like I should be excited about this hire. What says my surly brethren?

I mean this is about as good of a DC in college football, especially considering his record against modern offenses.  Yeah, I take him over any of the Saban disciples including Muschamp.

• Hook 'Em 3

Dude owned Leach.  Washington St points scored vs UW:

2014: 13 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2015: 10 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2016: 17 (2nd lowest point total for WSU that year)

2017: 14 (2nd lowest point total for WSU that year)

2018: 15 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

2019: 13 (lowest point total for WSU that year)

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2