Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Coach K talks about how his formula in putting so many guys into the NFL is by teaching fundamentals. It seems he believes in fundamentals over scheme. So spitballing here I assume that by building a solid base he is able to apply complicated schemes that brings pressure from many places with success due to developing disciplined well taught players. Unlike Orlando where his guys could not tackle or figure out were they should be.

So when do the Alligator Roll drills start up? That's one of the fundamentals, right?

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I have a house there at the golf club overlooking the mountains so this hits close to home.

The idaho club?  I think it's a fun track but gets bad talked 60 miles south. Not sure why. I know they had their issues but they seem to be back on the upswing.  PNGA is having the men's amateur there this year. 

3 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, for those that avoided the UOB thread, this is the same jet CTJ confirmed met with Urban in both Los Angeles (twice) and Fort Collins (once) between October and early December.

Pete Kwiatkowski also coached and played in Idaho at Boise State. It’s just under an hour-long flight between Seattle and Sandpoint, ID, so a logical meeting point. And beginning to doubt my sleuthing skills as I can’t find much info on Pete’s hometown, but Bonner County real property records show there are two properties in Sandpoint owned by a 70-something year old Stan Kwiatkowski. 

Further Update: Just noticed a jet just arrived in Sandpoint from North Bend, Oregon. Its registered owner is the same as the owner of the jet that flew from Seattle yesterday and arrived in Sandpoint within 10 minutes of the CTJ/Eltife jet’s arrival.

Anyone from the Oregon staff that would fit the bill for UT’s final defensive hire? Andy Avalos, whose title at Oregon is “DC/Edge” coach, was the DL coach under Kwaitkowski at Boise State. And Keith Hayward, their “Co-DC/Safeties” coach, was DB coach at Washington under Sark and followed Sark to USC where Hayward was Passing Game Coordinator and DB coach. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Further Update: Just noticed a jet just arrived in Sandpoint from North Bend, Oregon. Its registered owner is the same as the owner of the jet that flew from Seattle yesterday and arrived in Sandpoint within 10 minutes of the CTJ/Eltife jet’s arrival.

Anyone from the Oregon staff that would fit the bill for UT’s final defensive hire? Andy Avalos, whose title at Oregon is “DC/Edge” coach, was the DL coach under Kwaitkowski at Boise State. And Keith Hayward, their “Co-DC/Safeties” coach, was DB coach at Washington under Sark and followed Sark to USC where Hayward was Passing Game Coordinator and DB coach. 

Going to go ahead and say it's not Avalos

https://broncosports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andy-avalos/4

(also his daughter is named Paityn which is real Mountain West Mormon-adjacent shit)

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm not worried about Joseph as DB coach.  I think his guys did as well as anyone vs Bama this year.  I know, still got their asses kicked but Sark must've seen something.

Joseph coached Safeties at ND, not CBs. Safety is thought to be a better position for him. He was a DB coach at multiple stops before they added the 10th assistant, but his development track record with CBs isn’t anything to write home about. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lulz, apparently not keeping up as up to date on my Oregon/Boise State staff developments as I am UT’s. Well in that case cross him off the list! General point/question of who might be a logical candidate from Oregon still stands. 

7 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

We would prefer a flight to Tempe carrying a check with seven figures on it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Heyward had been mentioned quite often at the start of the search but his named died off when Joseph was named

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

North Bend not really close to either universities in Oregon. Both have airfields in the city... but who knows

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Transition classes

Charlie #17 with 8 4* recruits (88.09 avg grade)

Herman #25 with 7 4* recruits (87.58 avg grade)

Sark #17 with one 5* and 8 4* stars (88.81 avg grade)

The recruiting he did with this coaching staff more than makes up for this transition class and even like that we are still ahead of the last two classes.

You're counting 2021 as a Sark transition class, when Herman wasn't fired until after NSD1? 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Heyward had been mentioned quite often at the start of the search but his named died off when Joseph was named

Interesting. Heyward seems to have a pretty good development record on the CB side of the backfield, so maybe Joseph as PGC focused on Safeties and Heyward focused on DBs could make sense? Similar to role Raymond has been speculated about playing. With Pete K. with good portion of responsibility for the LB unit, as mentioned a couple pages ago.

Heyward seems to be a pretty good recruiter based solely on his bio, but not sure he would check the defensive “rain maker” box we’re hoping for. 

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

You're counting 2021 as a Sark transition class, when Herman wasn't fired until after NSD1? 

No I am counting 2021 as Sark's inherited transition class but yet it is the class we got. So I was just trying to say even though Herman got a shit class as far as transition classes go it was better than the last two.

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 minute ago, Reese Bennett said:

My guess is somebody wants to play golf at Bandon Dunes.

Sheep Ranch, fifth course at Bandon Dunes, opens June 1

CHIEF Jr.'s best friend just graduated from Texas Southern (golf scholarship) and is the marketing coordinator at Bandon Dunes. I'll text him to get on top of the situation.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Man talk about random.  I'm up there a couple times a year.  Got family in SP, moved from Southern CA years ago.

They have property on the Clark Fork just inside MT border.  We have a fish trip every year.  Ive probably played the course you are referring to.

I know this is random, but my cousin has spoken about a guy up there from TX that he knows well.  We may know some of the same people. 

The club is the Idaho Club. I'm not a huge golfer but since we aren't there all the time, I thought it would be smart to be in a gated community. Plus, houses in golf communities seem to maintain their value. There is an ex-OL coach who spent some time on this board evaluating 2021 Texas targets who lives in Coeur d’Alene.

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

North Bend not really close to either universities in Oregon. Both have airfields in the city... but who knows

I was in North Bend for a few days in 2019. Unless we're looking to round out our staff with a logger or commercial fisherman, I doubt we found him there. 

10 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF Jr.'s best friend just graduated from Texas Southern (golf scholarship) and is the marketing coordinator at Bandon Dunes. I'll text him to get on top of the situation.

CHIEF

Well, he is off today and tomorrow, and we will already know by Thursday. 

CHIEF