Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

8 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Already covered very well in this thread. For example:

Damn you. I Decided to skim this since have the time today, and it pissed me off as much as I thought it would. He used a bunch of words to say very little about the defense and then concluded that a base defense with Adimora and BJ Foster at safety with BJ Foster playing center field in a Cover 1 look would be good. How can he be that dumb? 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I don't know anything about this Krzyzewski guy from Washington State, but I'm already upset about our lack of halftime adjustments for the Arkansas game. 

Patience, grasshopper. I already have a title for that game thread, too: "Death Row vs. Jethro."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hopefully question 1 in the interview was:
How would you stop Riley?
Actually he should say, "This is what I did vs tOSU in the CFP. What would have done to stop it?" Then evaluate his answer vs what you know about your players and scheme. ou shouldn't be more difficult.

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Damn you. I Decided to skim this since have the time today, and it pissed me off as much as I thought it would. He used a bunch of words to say very little about the defense and then concluded that a base defense with Adimora and BJ Foster at safety with BJ Foster playing center field in a Cover 1 look would be good. How can he be that dumb? 

i dont know but he also had the BS on the wide side of the field instead of the boundary side so there's that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s a fucking pain to read his post. Scipio Tex on the other hand actually is enjoyable to read imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It's a bit ironic that this would actually be a great fit for Caden Sterns (if he could learn to take a proper angle). I've been watching the 2018 apple cup and he would fit in well with the decently athletic and instinctive guy that gets to play over the top mold that UW has made its money on for the last several years

Our secondary is going to be full of weird fits but the talent is there

“This source hinted at Coach K’s specialty coming in game planning and in-game adjustments. He will be able to develop his guys into the on-field product he wants”

As a Texas fan, I have no idea what these words mean.
Not since Muschamp. He always seemed to know what to call and how to adjust, especially to eliminate explosive plays. How awesome will it be to see a good Texas defense again.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I love the handwringing regarding Gideon.  The guy can't coach CB's because he wasn't one?  It's ludicrous.  He's been widely lampooned as a "corch on the field" by this group.  The biggest positive that has been widely ascribed to him is getting everyone lined up on the defense correctly, but he can't coach CB's?  I have to laugh because I think @Steel Shank just won again?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

with the Kwiat announcement I'm feeling pretty optimistic that we can be in Big 12 champ game next year with this staff assuming we can get a full normal spring in.

Ark and UL are going to be tests due to new scheme and normal trial by fire that situation entails.  we should win 9 games at minimum unless QB is a disaster.  probably a max of 11 wins including Bowl Game if AGNB is fully realized.

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

I love the handwringing regarding Gideon.  The guy can't coach CB's because he wasn't one?  It's ludicrous.  He's been widely lampooned as a "corch on the field" by this group.  The biggest positive that has been widely ascribed to him is getting everyone lined up on the defense correctly, but he can't coach CB's?  I have to laugh because I think @Steel Shank just won again?

This post refers to over 10 years of internet history. Bravo sir, +

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Agreed.  It seems like if you look at any OC/DC or HC resume they have coached multiple "positions" at stops a long the way.  I think people get way too focused on prior position coach experience