Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

35 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Everything.  But cdc and the bmd olds were lazy and only vetted his record on wiki.    Sark changed his coaching record there.   The cabal thinks they’re getting someone who won four national titles at usc

You call someone a buzzkill and then post this shit? Member when you bet me $100 Herman would still be coaching here right now and then you ignored me the 2 times I called you out? I member... And Got damn son, how many spaces do you need after a period? 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, B00M said:

You call someone a buzzkill and then post this shit? Member when you bet me $100 Herman would still be coaching here right now and then you ignored me the 2 times I called you out? I member... And Got damn son, how many spaces do you need after a period? 

Ignored you?  Reference the post, I'll pay up.  I really don't remember.  Next time you have an issue, instead of calling someone out, private message them though.  I'm not gonna rememver what I posted on page 943 of the Urban Meyer thread. It's 100.00.  Just show me the post and I'll gladly pay.

Salty over 100.00?  Come on, if you need it that bad, message me.

Edited by closetohumping

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Surly Sprint-off is being held the day we play ULaLa, provided we can all attend. We need to crowdsource a pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and dead last. I'll take 1st and you fuckers can sort out how to rationalize the rest. I timed myself yesterday in the 40 and I'm pretty, pretttaaaayyyy sure I saw a non-wind-aided 4.54 pop up on the ol'stopwatch. Still got it, folks.

christ, given the magnitude of the surface area a potential wind aided could be in sub 4.3 Neon Deion territory.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Surly Sprint-off is being held the day we play ULaLa, provided we can all attend. We need to crowdsource a pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and dead last. I'll take 1st and you fuckers can sort out how to rationalize the rest. I timed myself yesterday in the 40 and I'm pretty, pretttaaaayyyy sure I saw a non-wind-aided 4.54 pop up on the ol'stopwatch. Still got it, folks

I’ll take 2nd to last because I’m pretty sure I pulled a hamstring at the thought of sprinting. However, I’m certain I’d still beat some fat fuck on here who claims to have been a world-class sprinter in high school.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Surly Sprint-off is being held the day we play ULaLa, provided we can all attend. We need to crowdsource a pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and dead last. I'll take 1st and you fuckers can sort out how to rationalize the rest. I timed myself yesterday in the 40 and I'm pretty, pretttaaaayyyy sure I saw a non-wind-aided 4.54 pop up on the ol'stopwatch. Still got it, folks.

I don’t run anymore and it feels pretty great.

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ignored you?  Reference the post, I'll pay up.  I really don't remember.  Next time you have an issue, instead of calling someone out, private message them though.  I'm not gonna rememver what I posted on page 943 of the Urban Meyer thread. It's 100.00.  Just show me the post and I'll gladly pay.

Or perhaps you can actually, you know, remember the bet. And if that’s too difficult then perhaps don’t make the bet at all 

55 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If we are talking about purely football posting and not the Cloak Room, echeese is by far the most insufferable poster I have ever seen on a Texas board. Please tell me this person is not worse? 

I heard the phrase "insufferable poster" and my ears were tingling.

Can I offer you a lengthy discourse on the merits of Greg Davis' play calling? Perhaps a love letter to Garrett Gilbert? How about a defense of John Mackovic, or perhaps an accusation of racism for thinking Strong isn't that great of a coach?

You know. Just for old times' sake.

...nah, echeese was MUCH worse.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Or perhaps you can actually, you know, remember the bet. And if that’s too difficult then perhaps don’t make the bet at all 

You know how much I post here?  I don't really remember.  But he's more than welcome to message me.  I also don't go to a specific page to review all of my posts.  He wants the money, he can message me the link if he wants. There's a PM feature here for a reason.  I've lost bets on here before and paid.  

22 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You bet me $500. Then you parlayed it with a UM never coaching again bet and Sam would stay and lost that so you owe me $1K. Pay up. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

True story: When @SydneyCarton was hired at the start-up where I met him, the dude was a feverish fanboy of Teh Major and would attempt to shout anyone down for even the mildest consideration that, maybe, Simms was better in some phase or facet of the game. It was a precursor to today's general social media and current events discussions, so he was a pioneer.

Also, he was an ardent sycophant of none other than a one Geoff Ketchum. Several of us had to coax him, gently because he's almost a wild animal, into perusing Hornfans and eventually weening off of fatfuck's site. It took years to help him cope with that addiction.

wait a minute ... you must have lost weight from this pic to be that fleet of foot 

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Oh you were drunk? Why didn’t you say so!?!? All is forgiven 

Not asking for forgiveness but I actually don't care.  I just don't comb through every post.  He can message me.  

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You bet me $500. Pay up. Then you parlayed it with a UM never coaching again bet and Sam would stay and lost that so you owe me $1K.

I don't remember this at all. Plus parlays pay more than that.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Pffft. I'm pretty sure I can get out of the blocks faster than that even with a headwind. The other 39.5 yards might take me awhile.

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Yeah forgot about that here are a few I saw on the old site. 

Screenshot_20210119-181433_Twitter.jpg

Hopefully this is just the 9.95 crew wanting to get first hand war stories about Sarks wild and crazy years vs there being smoke he is coming on the staff. I get personal redemption and how people can change, but I also understand risk mitigation...

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What’s the distance? 40, 100, 200, quarter... Maybe a beer mile? 

Edited by Daichee Bell

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

If we are talking about purely football posting and not the Cloak Room, echeese is by far the most insufferable poster I have ever seen on a Texas board. Please tell me this person is not worse? 

Close call between echeese and Since73.

I still recall Since73 droning on about the Justin Johnson, Stephen Good, & RJ Washington recruiting class as the one we'll be talking about for decades.

55 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I want you to make a $100 donation to @immamac / surly and it can't be a donation that puts a banner under your weak dick name. You can search for this to see that you did confirm it.

Capture+_2021-01-19-18-42-02.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

As a reminder, his 1998 staff:

OC - Greg Davis
OL - Tim Nunez
RB - Bruce Chambers
TE - Tim Brewster
WR - Daryl Drake
DC - Carl Reese
DE - Hardy McCrary
DB - Everett Withers
ST - Mike Tolleson
SC - Madden

Staff was the same in 1999, if I recall correctly; Oscar Giles and Tom Herman were added as GA.

Staff was not the issue it was the disagreement between getting Mack or Barnett. Half the folks were pissed we passed on Barnett. I was in the Mack camp.