Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Ah yes. The 2006 game was truly Providence.

I was there in 2006. Driving sleet and fog. It was amazing.

But, I believe 2010 was my favorite trip to Lincoln. They were ready to eat us alive and Garrett Gilbert had his finest hour as a Longhorn and we dominated them with what was likely the worst team Mack Brown took to Lincoln.

image.png.26851bc429e6656c60776fb2706260a8.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Effyourcouch said:

Where is the shredded cheese? I refuse to eat without shredded cheese. 

Shredded cheese? Where’s the damn guac???!! 
That sad ass pic screams “I eat my fajitas at On the Border”.  GTFO with that crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Saint Tacky said:

But, I believe 2010 was my favorite trip to Lincoln. They were ready to eat us alive and Garrett Gilbert had his finest hour as a Longhorn and we dominated them with what was likely the worst team Mack Brown took to Lincoln.

We had no business in any universe winning that game, which made the win that much more poetic.

1 minute ago, Saint Tacky said:

That game was fucking amazing. Never seen a team hype a game up so much only to fall flat on their faces. And that corn aggy ass hype trailer they made before that game belongs in the internets hall of fame

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

We beat them at Nebraska in 1998. Applewhite threw the TD sidearm and got concussed to win. 1999 was at DKR Applewhite to who? Mike Jones

Everyone rushed the drag in 1998, though, too, right. We broke Nebraska’s home win streak and people flooded out of west campus to the drag. That’s when all the bus shit happened, as I recall. 

9 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

That game was fucking amazing. Never seen a team hype a game up so much only to fall flat on their faces. And that corn aggy ass hype trailer they made before that game belongs in the internets hall of fame

So funny. My lasting memory of that game aside from Garrett Gilbert inexplicably becoming a dual threat is Rex Buckhead dropping that easy td. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Another poster on here and I were at that game. The usually humble and friendly Husker fans were cocky and dismissive before the game. Then they were either salty or utterly demoralized afterwards. I think they dropped at least four passes that game. The papers the next morning were hilarious. The writers had given up on ever being able to beat us and were content to go to their new conference as our forever bitches. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

We had no business in any universe winning that game, which made the win that much more poetic.

On the walk back to the tailgate after the game all I heard was how they were going to our ass in the Big 12 Championship Game. Silly fools.

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Another poster on here and I were at that game. The usually humble and friendly Husker fans were cocky and dismissive before the game.

You said it. Much more unbearable than usual. The contrast between our first trip there and our last was night and day. It gives me great joy knowing how much that fan base has suffered over the past decade.

Edited by Saint Tacky
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes. We really are 95% responsible for breaking Nebraska football and their fans forever. Remember the “classiest” fans in football that applauded us when we ended their home winning streak in 1998? Well by 2006 they were well on their way to losing their minds and eventually quitting the conference to languish at the bottom of the Big 10 forever. Turns out it is easy to be a “classy” fanbase when you are winning all the time.
Colorado, nebraska, mizzou, aggy, and arkie ran from texas for greener pastures and a chance to actually win.

Its working out well for them.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Colorado, nebraska, mizzou, aggy, and arkie ran from texas for greener pastures and a chance to actually win.

Its working out well for them.

The corn move was for sure the dumbest. They're all like "b-b-but herp we get more money derp and academic stuffs". Yeah, all you had to do in exchange was give up your Texas ties, rivalries, and unique identity and become another Minnesota. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It seems weird that Kwiatkowski would take one for the team over at Washington by accepting a demotion to placate Jimmy Lake for the benefit of the program, just to bounce to another defensive coordinator position that's only a moderate step up soon thereafter. If I'm a Huskies fan I'm struggling not to take this as a red flag that there's trouble in my program. What do Huskies fans make of all this?
Moderate step up? The p12 is currently looked at as g5 with slightly more money and better weather.

The corn move was for sure the dumbest. They're all like "b-b-but herp we get more money derp and academic stuffs". Yeah, all you had to do in exchange was give up your Texas ties, rivalries, and unique identity and become another Minnesota. 

Not sure if they have had the success of Minnesota. Maybe Illinois?

Nonetheless i am heartbroken that they will forever be a flyover state with shitty football in a conference they should have never left for. Eat shit and die nebraska. Downsize your stadium to 70k so it can sell out in 10 years from now with 70 year old fans who think you are a good program.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Not sure if they have had the success of Minnesota. Maybe Illinois?

Nonetheless i am heartbroken that they will forever be a flyover state with shitty football in a conference they should have never left for. Eat shit and die nebraska. Downsize your stadium to 70k so it can sell out in 10 years from now with 70 year old fans who think you are a good program.

I told you to speak your mind Jack, but Jesus!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, immamac said:

Fire threads can be started when they are warranted. Examples below

Historically bad performance in a single or multi game span

An off the field incident

Having less than a 50% win pct in year 1

To help all of surl understand the new rules, how would they have been applied to Tom Herman?  When could the "Fire Tom Herman" thread start?

• Warehime hired
  • After he uncomfortably hugs Mack Brown at intro press conference
  • After intro press conference
  • Warehime clogs toilet and swears like a sailor on at Walker Little's house
  • Admission that he watched zero film of players
  • Runny eggs and burnt toast
  • Halftime of Maryland Game (down 30-14)
  • End of Maryland game (0-1 meets less than 50% criterion)
  • Other? 
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Who gives a shit. He’s dog shit....can’t believe people actually defended that hire. 

He was a good recruiter. Ash managed the entire secondary so if your qualm with him relates to the on-field product you're misguided. Just because an upgrade was possible doesn't mean Valai wasn't a fine hire.

6 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

To help all of surl understand the new rules, how would they have been applied to Tom Herman?  When could the "Fire Tom Herman" thread start?

• Warehime hired
  • Warehime clogs toilet and swears like a sailor on recruiting visit to Walker Little's house
  • Other? 

Crud - meant to edit, but quoted myself.  Sorry, folks.

Edited by boilerhorn

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

It seems weird that Kwiatkowski would take one for the team over at Washington by accepting a demotion to placate Jimmy Lake for the benefit of the program, just to bounce to another defensive coordinator position that's only a moderate step up soon thereafter. If I'm a Huskies fan I'm struggling not to take this as a red flag that there's trouble in my program. What do Huskies fans make of all this?

They seem to be pretty worried about this judging from my perusal of their boards. One of our 995ers said Lake was meddling with PK Fire's defense and they melted further after that.  Haven't checked on them in a while now but hopefully they found a better source before continuing to melt. 

Edited by Bevo14

50 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I’ll never forget this game either.  Some stupid fuck corn aggy fan I went to school with posted a picture of him on a plane to the game with a bunch of Texas fans in the background and the caption something to the extent of “look at these dumbasses flying to Lincoln to see their team lose”. Never have I seen a social media account deleted so fast.  Never let that piece of shit live it down  

Edited by BurntOrangeBlooded15
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They seem to be pretty worried about this judging from my perusal of their boards. One of our 995ers said Lake was meddling with PK Fire's defense and they melted further after that.  Haven't checked on them in a while now but hopefully they found a better source before continuing to melt. 

eu8e7k4nxsp31.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

We beat them at Nebraska in 1998. Applewhite threw the TD sidearm and got concussed to win. 1999 was at DKR Applewhite to who? Mike Jones

I was sitting right above that Jones TD. That's an underrated all-time loudest DKR moment.

I think the mods said no more of them. A new era of longhorn football!
Mods have already said they aren't allowing them this time (thank god)
I think technically they said no more preemptive Fire threads. I'm sure they'll be allowed by halftime of the first game.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Warehime hired
  • Other? 

Not sure if this is on point...but my rage factor reached “critical” when I was in Duval northbound, after Maryland Loss No. 1 listening to the post game presser, and Tom explained “...it’s like people thought we can sprinkle Fairy Dust around here and make everything better..”

I fucking almost drove into one of the yards on 38th and Duval while yelling FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER YES I EXPECTED FAIRY DUST!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I was sitting right above that Jones TD. That's an underrated all-time loudest DKR moment.

Anyone got a youtube link for the full game?  I want to watch it.  I didn't start watching UT until I came to the 40 acres.

11 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Anyone got a youtube link for the full game?  I want to watch it.  I didn't start watching UT until I came to the 40 acres.

So you're under 40 and don't know how to use Google? 

Go there. Enter this: 

1999 texas nebraska full game youtube

Hit enter or click on search. Like magic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Huckleberry said:

So you're under 40 and don't know how to use Google? 

Go there. Enter this: 

1999 texas nebraska full game youtube

Hit enter or click on search. Like magic. 

yeah I'll look it up myself lmao sorry.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

• Warehime hired
  • Other? 

It was when he said Greg Davis was his mentor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Not sure if this is on point...but my rage factor reached “critical” when I was in Duval northbound, after Maryland Loss No. 1 listening to the post game presser, and Tom explained “...it’s like people thought we can sprinkle Fairy Dust around here and make everything better..”

I fucking almost drove into one of the yards on 38th and Duval while yelling FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER YES I EXPECTED FAIRY DUST!!!

Lol I lived just west of there at le marquee apts when Mack was hired.