Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

7 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Just no need for Sark to make this move. Why would he do this to himself? Still can’t believe it. Anyone else, anyone.

Just amazing that Sark makes this hire first before anyone tells him just why this is horrifically bad move ?

Edited by BachelorTrek

I get the hate based on the name, but outside of that y’all wouldn’t react this way and that’s reasonable.

A guy who hasn’t coached in over two years, a guy who hasn’t coached the position we are hiring him for in 30 years, a guy who was fired by his own brother ... yeah I think we’d have a field day regardless of last name.

Now we expect him to just stroll into high schools and effectively spout positive shit about the school he has badmouthed for two decades? I mean good lord, his most recent retweet is from the OU football account!

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Shut the fuck is with this stupidity. He’s been an abject failure as a coach for almost 20 years now, including getting fired by his own brother and working as an analyst for two years, and he’s hasn’t coached LBs in over 30 years. I don’t care if his last name was Royal. It’s an abjectly terrible hire. 

Feel free to call me a moron but wasn't he fired by Riley only?

• Like 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Shut the fuck is with this stupidity. He’s been an abject failure as a coach for almost 20 years now, including getting fired by his own brother and working as an analyst for two years, and he’s hasn’t coached LBs in over 30 years. I don’t care if his last name was Royal. It’s an abjectly terrible hire. 

Would the board be this pissed if it wasn’t a Stoops? Absolutely not. We’d logic our way into it being a reasonable hire just as we would’ve with any of the other average options being presented with a similar pedigree 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

If his last name wasn't Stoops and if his brother didn't beat the shit out of us for fifteen years would it be an ok hire?  

No. It’s indefensible on any level. Stoops is an asshole, a bad coach, not a LB coach, and worst of all, a Sooner. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Would the board be this pissed if it wasn’t a Stoops? Absolutely not. We’d logic our way into it being a reasonable hire just as we would’ve with any of the other average options being presented with a similar pedigree 

Speak for yourself. I wouldn’t rationalize this hire regardless of his name, and if you think he’s an average hire, then it just shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

You $9.95 insider fuckers need to run this thing backwards, run it up the chain from the bottom to the top. You think the Capitol being breached was bad? The pitchforks are out. This is worse than the positives from PK, Banks, Poleassasin, and the monkey all rolled into one.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, CHIEF said:

You $9.95 insider fuckers need to run this thing backwards, run it up the chain from the bottom to the top. You think the Capitol being breached was bad? The pitchforks are out. This is worse than the positives from PK, Banks, Poleassasin, and the monkey all rolled into one.

CHIEF

Poleassassin did get mentioned quickly on 104.9's morning show today by a caller, and the hosts made an uneasy laugh and could not change the subject quickly enough!  LULZ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Speak for yourself. I wouldn’t rationalize this hire regardless of his name, and if you think he’s an average hire, then it just shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

My point is bias is clearly a factor in this reaction and if you can’t see that you’re a part of it. Is it a meh hire? Sure. Is it catastrophic to the point that 90% of people are making it out to be? Probably not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

Just now, blacklab said:

He's not only an asshole, he's an alcoholic. Multiple coaches have reported how he's a cancer in the coaches room. Players fucking hated him. 

This is the worst hire in the last 10 years.

^^case and point. We’ve hired much, much worse.

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, blacklab said:

He's not only an asshole, he's an alcoholic. Multiple coaches have reported how he's a cancer in the coaches room. Players fucking hated him. 

This is the worst hire in the last 10 years.

Who’s starting the fire Bob fucking Stoops thread?

Edited by TenCarryTom
Fuck me