Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As for the political pic floating through this thread - as abhorrent as I think those views are - I'm guessing in the coaching ranks that is much more the norm that the alternative.  And players are smart enough to know that. 

Not to CR this up further but if anyone has contacts with the FBI that could produce a picture of old Mikey inside the capitol on 1/6 that might be enough to derail this thing...

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As for the political pic floating through this thread - as abhorrent as I think those views are - I'm guessing in the coaching ranks that is much more the norm that the alternative.  And players are smart enough to know that. 

We'll see about that. 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This really shouldn't be a surprise - Sark tried to hire him as a DC and described him on one of the Zoom calls as the brightest defensive mind he had met.  Assuming he actually meant those things he's not going to give a fuck about what we think.  He did spend the last two years with him at Alabama - so he probably has a decent idea of what the players there thought of him.

After the initial outrage I've reached the 'who gives a fuck' stage of grief.  Its a LB coach.  If he shits the bed and alienates the ILB's in his position room then he gets fired and we move on.  Stoops isn't going to be the reason we don't win 10 games next season.

If the rumors are true that Sark was told Stoops was a no-go and he hires him anyway, one bad season will not result in a firing. Someone willing to make this hire will not be eager to admit he was wrong.

The despondency isn't just that Stoops is a bad candidate (he is). It's the first appearance of the "I know better than everyone else" attitude that caused all of Herman's problems. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

As an analyst. The same guy that just hired Bill O Brien

Others, including CTJ, have pointed out in this thread that an analyst at Alabama is no different than any of the 10 position coaches.  Stoops was in the locker-room and on the field coaching players everyday at Alabama.  Saban isn't immune from making shit hires - but you generally have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

6 hours ago, Don Hornleone said:

See what? A coach and his player trying to figure out what the fuck went wrong out there? Better that than this...

image.gif.e264e2178746d6984f2559e8a33cf6ea.gif

Not true. That mocking of Missouri was the high point of the Herman era and the best thing he ever did here. 
missou fucked around and found out. Fuck them and that loud mouth prick QB of theirs that couldn’t shut his fucking mouth. We did it and mocked him afterwards. 
he’s just lucky we didn’t fuck him up the ass and wipe our shit smeared dick on his face, dirty sanchez style. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Mo Horn said:

But has been pointed out, other than recruiting their duties are the same as other coaches. And, it's all I got. 

Of course that’s all you got because you and everyone else making this point don’t know shit. Saban collects coaches like Stoops, like ancient emperors collected the kings of their conquered foes.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This really shouldn't be a surprise - Sark tried to hire him as a DC and described him on one of the Zoom calls as the brightest defensive mind he had met.  Assuming he actually meant those things he's not going to give a fuck about what we think.  He did spend the last two years with him at Alabama - so he probably has a decent idea of what the players there thought of him.

After the initial outrage I've reached the 'who gives a fuck' stage of grief.  Its a LB coach.  If he shits the bed and alienates the ILB's in his position room then he gets fired and we move on.  Stoops isn't going to be the reason we don't win 10 games next season.

1. If he’s this loyal to Stoops and willing to hire him even in the midst of the complete outrage of the fan base, then he’s not going to be quick to fire him even if he’s a god awful coach and a locker room cancer. 

2. Stoops is an alcoholic and a coke head. He’s the last influence we need around Sark and his presence has the potential to do much more than just hurt our ILB play. Anyone who doesn’t realize the potential for this hire to negatively impact the entire program just has no clue what they’re talking about (cough, Hank Hill, cough).  

Stoops is an obvious blind spot for Sark. CDC needs to be the one to step in and put a stop to this. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Wake up to see over 300 posts overnight and think what did the night crew do now? It’s worse than I could have expected. Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.

if only sark had picked that same week

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

How Sark talk about authentic relationships and putting players needs first and then hire someone who’s a huge asshole that is disliked by all of his players. I’m not even looking at his coaching history. His history with players and being an asshole is enough to him to be a complete nonstarter.

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is also an excellent point. His players have always hated him and that is completely antithetical to what Sarkisian has been selling. 

do you have any news articles or tweets or anything detailing that? might be useful right now to spread

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

fingers crossed it's a good thing that nobody on the Texas side has run with this (yet)

didn't someone (CTJ?) say that IT had connections to Stoops? If so, wouldn't you expect them to say something about it sooner than later

It was TFB, and about the only thing we’ve heard in that regard is below in this thread.

9 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

Egg on my face here, I admit. We didn’t see that one coming.

CTJ was still throwing shit against the wall though.