Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

I'm definitely curious on the back story. I wonder if Sark thought he wanted Stoops all along and knew it was bad energy to start, so he decided to hold off until he had gained goodwill on the others and tried to float it again. Regardless, it is not good. 
Hope he knows that this hire would blowtorch all of the goodwill he has built to this point. I'm not sure CDC even knows the depth of hatred for all things Stoops/ OU. And I just can't shake the Manchurian Candidate thought of Stoops being anywhere in our program. No analyst, no nothing.  I don't want him stopping by Sark's office for a cup of coffee.

If Mike Stoops was a great football coach that we coveted, we’d overlook that he’s a vile POS. That he’s not was why the pitch forks came out.

Let’s face it, we are all part of the same hypocrisy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not a popular take but I wouldn't care if he came in as an analyst. The one good thing I can say about Casey Horny was that fucker was put in a dark room somewhere and never heard from for 3 years. If that happened to Stoops I wouldn't really care.

You're right, you know. That IS an unpopular take.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Comparing me to Nahlin is a low, low blow, sir.

I don't fully follow this post. I don't get paid $9.95 by anyone here. I don't have some sort of implied obligation to keep anyone informed, and never will. I pass on what I know, if I do in fact hear something, when I can and when I am available.

I argued briefly a couple of times last night on the recruiting board while females had left the restaurant table to powder their nose. I was at a business dinner after helping my company close on the purchase of a company yesterday. We were getting schmittied. I saw the Stoops stuff, had text strings blowing up, saw the Surly shrieking, and decided to check out, get drunk with my coworkers in celebration, and act like the Stoops nonsense never happened. I had a great fucking evening.

I woke up this morning to see so much shit flying in so many different directions that I again checked out completely until I could actually follow the concept that this was real life and Mike Stoops was about to be an LB coach at Texas. By the time I was finished talking and reading, everything had changed again.

I guess you can always unsubscribe to my newsletter if my temporary insouciance caused additional stress during your day/evening. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

This immediate willingness to blame CDC for every rumored fuckup in the coach hiring saga is amusing.

Not as amusing as believing a bunch of people bitching about the hire on this board in the middle of the night nixed the deal. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'll agree they're creepy and annoying.

But every program has them, and major helmet schools have an overabundance of them.  This is nothing unique to Texas.  

That doesn't mean we shouldn't work for change. And what starts here, changes the world.

I'm up for a banner. "Just stop it, Ketch. You are literally the worst."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I envy the lucky mother fuckers who went to bed before the Mike Stoops news broke and wake up / check the internet after its already been refuted. They will never know the emotional scars us survivors of the ~10 hour 'Mike Stoops LB coach' tenure will carry for the rest of our lives. 

Guilty.  I did go back and enjoy the meltdown that commenced here, though.  

7 minutes ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

I’m just reporting what I’m hearing from current and former players. They think these 9.95-er guys are creepy as fuck the way they follow their every second of their lives like tour groupies. They want to be important and on the inside so they can be cool.

No Texas player (especially these days) wants to talk to some frat boy looking douche who is annoying as fuck. In addition to Baizer, EJ Holland is another example of someone who has no business around Texas football- in any capacity.

As a program, we’ve got to keep these fuckers far away moving forward. The misinformation campaign that has been going on for nearly a decade now is a constant problem for every new regime. 

It needs to fucking stop now.

so to be clear here, you are saying that you are the voice of current AND former players (who what - don't have twitter? what are they worried about if they blast FCB or 247?)

They think these 9.95-er guys are creepy as fuck the way they follow their every second of their lives like tour groupies. They want to be important and on the inside so they can be cool.

again, you think you are selling your bonafides, but you are just showing your troll mask halfway hanging off your face. the only folks this would specifically refer to are those who do recruiting and Texas doesn't have a Taylor Hamm around to follow people into bathrooms. In fact, of the recruiting folks who could be accused of "following" players around we probably have the least creepy dudes that Texas has had in years.

No Texas player (especially these days) wants to talk to some frat boy looking douche who is annoying as fuck. In addition to Baizer, EJ Holland is another example of someone who has no business around Texas football- in any capacity.

EJ Holland has been gone from following Texas recruiting since about Feb 2019.

Baizer is pretty far from annoying?

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'll agree they're creepy and annoying.

But every program has them, and major helmet schools have an overabundance of them.  This is nothing unique to Texas.  

That's the most tired and whiny part of the rants about $9.95ers - the presumption that UT is unique with regard to them. It's fucking silly.

Now, if this dude were making a case for ending shit for Ketchum, I'd be interested. That is a legitimately bad dude near the program. Same for Chip Brown. But even that shit isn't unique. OU has an embezzling felon that is near illiterate covering their team. Oregon has a guy involved with their 247 site that also works for an agent. One of Clemson's writers is a money handler for them. I believe, but don't recall the details, that USC has some sort of felon, like a convicted pederast or something, covering them. ATM has Billy Liucci actively recruiting for them and crafting propaganda against Texas and other programs and then disseminating it to friendly media members. I guess the last one isn't "bad" for the native program, but I hope the guy and his work spontaneously combust into a ball of flames, so I'll leave it on here.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Well, I could've gone without CTJs last post. I really wanted to believe this was all bullshit and never actually had a chance of being true. Now, I will just hold out hope that they've learned a very valuable lesson.

The likes Mike Stoops was handing out last night plus the follows on twitter suggested this was a done deal unless the M'fkr was trolling us.

Edited by DanTheHorn

4 minutes ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

I’m just reporting what I’m hearing from current and former players. They think these 9.95-er guys are creepy as fuck the way they follow their every second of their lives like tour groupies. They want to be important and on the inside so they can be cool.

No Texas player (especially these days) wants to talk to some frat boy looking douche who is annoying as fuck. In addition to Baizer, EJ Holland is another example of someone who had no business around Texas football- in any capacity.

As a program, we’ve got to keep these fuckers far away moving forward. The misinformation campaign that has been going on for nearly a decade now is a constant problem for every new coaching regime. 

It needs to fucking stop now. Time to grow up 9.95-ers. It’s 2021.

As an outsider who came here for the Trump board and has no college football affiliation (outside of an Ivy league school which I couldn't care less about it's football program) that was one of the biggest things I noticed and mentioned before. Maybe if there was only 1 or 2 of these parasitic leeches then it wouldn't be so bad but there's like 5 or 6 just on this one program. All competing for a limited pool of fan dollars so they will definitely harass players and coaches and at times make things up or guess. In the smart phone social media age that's massively damaging to a coaching staff's ability to control the program and build positive consistency. 

It happened here just like I said where one such place puts it out then several others run with it without any direct knowledge and it becomes a storm of shit requiring the head coach to have to put a stop to it. The same thing happened in the Urban Meyer fiasco when that negotiation should never have been made public in the first place. 

Having that many of those sites is a massive problem for your program. 

• Fuck You 36

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

That's the most tired and whiny part of the rants about $9.95ers - the presumption that UT is unique with regard to them. It's fucking silly.

Now, if this dude were making a case for ending shit for Ketchum, I'd be interested. That is a legitimately bad dude near the program. Same for Chip Brown. But even that shit isn't unique. OU has an embezzling felon that is near illiterate covering their team. Oregon has a guy involved with their 247 site that also works for an agent. One of Clemson's writers is a money handler for them. I believe, but don't recall the details, that USC has some sort of felon, like a convicted pederast or something, covering them. ATM has Billy Liucci actively recruiting for them and crafting propaganda against Texas and other programs and then disseminating it to friendly media members. I guess the last one isn't "bad" for the native program, but I hope the guy and his work spontaneously combust into a ball of flames, so I'll leave it on here.

if he was a halfway decent troll that is what he would be doing - obviously this isn't an actual person who follows Texas or Texas recruiting in literally any way or he would have dropped those names.

obviously it isn't someone's sock from around here or they would have dropped Chip's name.

it's a pretty transparent attempt at trolling, and not even a decent one.

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

As an outsider who came here for the Trump board and has no college football affiliation (outside of an Ivy league school which I couldn't care less about it's football program) that was one of the biggest things I noticed and mentioned before. Maybe if there was only 1 or 2 of these parasitic leeches then it wouldn't be so bad but there's like 5 or 6 just on this one program. All competing for a limited pool of fan dollars so they will definitely harass players and coaches and at times make things up or guess. In the smart phone social media age that's massively damaging to a coaching staff's ability to control the program and build positive consistency. 

It happened here just like I said where one such place puts it out then several others run with it without any direct knowledge and it becomes a storm of shit requiring the head coach to have to put a stop to it. The same thing happened in the Urban Meyer fiasco when that negotiation should never have been made public in the first place. 

1) stop feeding the troll. also your point is hilariously shitty.

2) go back to the CR

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

username checks out

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

So why the fuck are you still here? Trump is gone and you say you don't give a shit about Longhorn football. Whats the point you wanker?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I mean, how could you not cover at least the top 5 greatest hits from the Taylor Hamm era. Bathrooms. Waterslides. Dick pics. Abandoned children. Being 5'4"

• Haha 3

Wow, just when I thought this shit couldn't get any more wheels-off than bringing in an ace Bama coach & recruiter/stripper/sex monkey triumvirate, this Stoops fiasco unfurls.

Should've known better...Surly never ceases to amaze.  All Cray No Brakes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

That doesn't mean we shouldn't work for change. And what starts here, changes the world.

I'm up for a banner. "Just stop it, Ketch. You are literally the worst."

I mean, someone from Babylon 5 died. I'm actually shocked you're capable of posting here through your grief. I had just naturally assumed you'd be in a corner, sobbing uncontrollably and cutting yourself in turns while listening to Morrissey. Good for you, bud. 

To be fair, if we'd actually hired Mike Stoops I'd have been doing the same thing. Minus the Morrissey. Because that guy sucks and I have testicles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, how could you not cover at least the top 5 greatest hits from the Taylor Hamm era. Bathrooms. Waterslides. Dick pics. Abandoned children. Being 5'4"

According to GRHorn or whatever the fuck, I'd have a hard time picking on someone due to their height, given that I apparently stand an unimposing 5'6", roughly.

Anyways, I thought about Hamm, but he's covered thoroughly already, and you know that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

A significant problem within the UT athletics program a lack of communication between the athletics department and the fanbase. That void gives room for "insiders" to insert whatever "information" they choose. Often, that "information" is to the advantage of the writer, not the reader. All too often, information is intentionally from outsiders to protect large donors with little ability in managing college sports programs from accountability.

Going back before the Deloss/ Nick Voinis fiasco(s), Bellmont has created its own problem by trying to control the flow of information, both good and bad.

The responsibility for handling the problem belongs at the moment to Chris Del Conte.

Whether he solves (or at least mitigates) the problem remains to be seen.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tosh circumstances are a lot different than Mike Stoops.

Tosh is regarded as a good positional coach whether defensive line or linebackers and his recruiting is out of this world.

Vacant positions are filling up fast and I'm perfectly okay with a Lupoi or Chris Marve type hire for the last position.

Regarded or you know...regarded?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

According to GRHorn or whatever the fuck, I'd have a hard time picking on someone due to their height, given that I apparently stand an unimposing 5'6", roughly.

Anyways, I thought about Hamm, but he's covered thoroughly already, and you know that.

yeah. But I mean, apparently that some people forgot. Also, you can't revisit the classics too often.

My new operating theory here is that the 995er guy is Carl, returning in an effort to scuttle the reputations of 995ers and supplant himself as the only true source for player news. Seriously, it's fucking Carl. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Don't forget plump...allegedly.

One other thing you knuckleheads who insist that this was a trial balloon, or that it was a rumor, or not a real thing need to keep in mind:

Burton basically fucking confirmed it this morning as well. No one is better connected to a combination of regents, boosters, and folks inside Bellmont. That's not TFB perhaps getting info directly from Stoops cocaine addled brain. It was a real hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Chin up my guy, with the hair in your favor you can claim 5'10" easy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1