Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

27 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

So this was supposed to be the day Sark announced his full staff but we canceled Mike Stoops overnight!

Reminds me of the scene from the Office where Michael and Dwight were celebrating saving the Scranton Branch in front of David Wallace's house.  "We did it"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Terry Joseph did not get the memo. Black suit and burnt orange tie.

Joseph_Terry.jpg

Already failing to pay attention to detail 😉

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/26/FB_0726131126.aspx

Don't remember Blake having that much sunshine before. 

I'm going to take the lack of a recruiting coordinator as a sign that Lupoi is coming

Edited by Bevo14

17 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

I'm personally struggling to be at the excitement level towards Sark right now that I was before last night. 

It feels like I had a banging, stacked, badass chick I just started going out with and then I found out she was texting one of her exes last night and now I have to walk around with her at my Aunt's bday party or something and knowing she's a sneaking little skank whore in my head but faking I'm still just as stoked about her as I was because that's what all my family thinks.

And what could you possibly know about that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

so to be clear here, you are saying that you are the voice of current AND former players (who what - don't have twitter? what are they worried about if they blast FCB or 247?)

again, you think you are selling your bonafides, but you are just showing your troll mask halfway hanging off your face. the only folks this would specifically refer to are those who do recruiting and Texas doesn't have a Taylor Hamm around to follow people into bathrooms. In fact, of the recruiting folks who could be accused of "following" players around we probably have the least creepy dudes that Texas has had in years.

EJ Holland has been gone from following Texas recruiting since about Feb 2019.

Baizer is pretty far from annoying?

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

That was Carl, aka Horn in Dallas.  That should inform your conclusions one way or the other.

I'm lazy and busy at the same time so I'm not going back to review the evidence that Mike Stoops was really coming to Texas. But I have to believe this was an artful troll by some pissed off Bama fans who actually own a computer. I can't believe that Sark wasn't  told that some coaches are non-starters, and Mike Stoops is at the top of the list. If it really happened, then I fault Sark for wanting to bring that turd anywhere near our players, and I fault CDC for not getting the message (even if he and Stoops like to nude leg wrestle on the weekends) to Sark that the fanbase would simply lose their collective mind with that asshole on our sidelines. It feels like it was a rumor, spawned by trolls, that went viral. That's what me, Santa, and the Easter Bunny all choose to believe.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, touchthemonolith said:

I think I know the answer to this question, but do titles like "Running Game Coordinator", "Defensive Passing Game Coordinator", or "Assistant Head Coach" have any real substance to them whatsoever?

If you consider a few hundred thousand more dollars per year in compensation substance, then yes.

1 minute ago, touchthemonolith said:

I think I know the answer to this question, but do titles like "Running Game Coordinator", "Defensive Passing Game Coordinator", or "Assistant Head Coach" have any real substance to them whatsoever?

It's a way to justify higher salary.  

3 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

Everyone always parrots this line but I don't get it.  Who are we justifying it to?  We can pay whichever coach whatever we want.  Patterson had the genius idea to call Wickline an OC so that it was a "promotion" and we wouldn't have to pay his buyout.  In all other cases it just seems like silly ego stroking to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bejezuz said:

Of course, but surely the people signing the checks must know it's bullshit--same as everyone else. Is Stan Drayton's day-to-day life at work going to be any different as a  result of being named running game coordinator, aside from earning more?

31 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Don't remember Blake having that much sunshine before. 

I'm going to take the lack of a recruiting coordinator as a sign that Lupoi is coming

I went to the texassports.com site and they still have Herb Hand bio linked to Gideon's picture.  If you click on Gideons name it is his bio, if you click on Gideon's face it goes to Herb Hand....cmon man...

Edited by CockadoodleHorn

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Everyone always parrots this line but I don't get it.  Who are we justifying it to?  We can pay whichever coach whatever we want.  Patterson had the genius idea to call Wickline an OC so that it was a "promotion" and we wouldn't have to pay his buyout.  In all other cases it just seems like silly ego stroking to me.

If it's not that, then what is it? I don't know the particulars in intimate detail, but I think it has to do with justifying what we want to pay a coach relative to the broader market of people employed with the same title. It's stupid, but I could see where a state run institution could come under fire for paying a LB coach $1MM/year when the industry average is $350k. That sort of delta might be deemed unnecessarily excessive, hence the addition of titles to justify the higher pay.

Edited by RichUT

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

I was fresh out of law school when the Joe Wickline/Patterson stuff was going down. I remember reading the pleadings/depo transcripts and being so fucking embarrassed that we were spewing such transparent, obvious bullshit to try and save a few dollars. Steve Patterson is the human version of projectile diarrhea. 

12 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I first read that as titties 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

If it's not that, then what is it? I don't know the particulars in intimate detail, but I think it has to do with justifying what we want to pay a coach relative to the broader market of people employed with the same title. It's stupid, but I could see where a state run institution could come under fire for paying a LB coach $1MM/year when the industry average is $350k. That sort of delta might be deemed unnecessarily excessive, hence the addition of titles to justify the higher pay.

Plus it's a way to structure deals to get around contract buyouts that specify a higher buyout if the position is equivalent and not a promotion, and to prevent other schools from poaching your high dollar coaches without paying the higher buyout.  Basically, if a school wants to poach our TE coach without paying the buyout, they have to make him their offensive coordinator.  

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Seconded. What happened to the rumblings of a Conditioning coach hire? 

Just the typical made up bullshit from Nahlin. 

Sarkisian will add reinforcements and a better foundation with new headcount in the S&C and nutrition programs, but not a one of us has a fucking clue how he's really looking at doing that.

56 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Terry Joseph did not get the memo. Black suit and burnt orange tie.

Joseph_Terry.jpg

Already failing to pay attention to detail 😉

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/26/FB_0726131126.aspx

Why does it look like Corch K just let a ripper slip out, and he's thinking, "oh, shit! I hope they don't smell it!"?

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

One of the big positives for me is Sark has the former players tweeting positive stuff for the most part. 

what did you think they were going to do? please tell me there's some other big positives that rank up above 'former players tweet encouraging stuff'...?