Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Staff is complete.  It’s an excellent staff.  We have a top 5 DC and a top 5 play caller.  We have an OL coach who isn’t a stiff.  We have two of the best recruiters out there.  No excuse now not to win a bunch of fucking games over the next few years. 

I am very optimistic, now we wait for spring ball. Hopefully we get a full spring and not whatever janky crap they had to do last year

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Some good stuff in there. I’m actually even more impressed with his record now. He lost his QB the year he went 8-5 and had to convert a LB to QB. In the final year he went 11-4, they played Tech OOC and had 3 other top 10 teams in their conference and made it to the semifinals in the FCs Playoffs.

In 2018, despite the academic issues of two-year starting quarterback Chris Murray (he did not play at MSU again), the Bobcats broke the playoff drought as linebacker turned quarterback Troy Andersen helped will MSU to a post-season bid and a first-round victory over No. 24 Incarnate Word. Of course, the Bobcats also captured a 29-25 victory over Montana in Missoula in one of the most unforgettable games in the more than century-old rivalry.

That 2018 victory over Montana was legendary. They erased a 22-0 deficit to win 29-25.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Alabama certainly does, and, just as one example, Jay Norvell remains a respected and well-liked former employee at both OU and UT. The problem is that Mark Stoops is a shitty person.

Mack Brown is a shitty person and coached at both. Granted not stoops level jarjar shit.

15 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Dude was just a finalist for the Boise St job and former BSU defensive players were leading the call for him to get the job over Avalos. Everything I have heard here is he’s a good recruiter but better at developing players.

Going from Stoops to Choate in 24 hours is fucking awesome!

To be fair, going from Stoops to a steaming pile of dog shit in 24 hours would have been fucking awesome. 

But good hire, regardless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

What I really like about this hire and something that I think is underrated about Choate is that he isn't Mike Stoops.

Yea, I guess we were trolled pretty bad on stoops. This guy is consistent with Sark hires. Stoops made no sense.

25 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Dude was just a finalist for the Boise St job and former BSU defensive players were leading the call for him to get the job over Avalos. Everything I have heard here is he’s a good recruiter but better at developing players.

Going from Stoops to Choate in 24 hours is fucking awesome!

Yes. And to quote George Carlin: “It certainly beats a hot fire poker up the ass”. 
Show me a loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I was just a couple of yards from coming in second or third in our local PPK one year. My punt went straight up in the air and landed right on the tape, but it only traveled 6 yards. I got 4th which meant no trophy for me. /csb

So 4 competitors?

Yeah the fact that he did his staff introduction zoom this afternoon with only 9 coaches says that they thought they could drop stoops in there early today and get away with it even after the uproar 2 weeks ago about him as DC. 

just stupid decision making all around and my only assumption is sark felt like giving him the same chance that Texas is giving sark.  

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah the fact that he did his staff introduction zoom this afternoon with only 9 coaches says that they thought they could drop stoops in there early today and get away with it even after the uproar 2 weeks ago about him as DC. 

just stupid decision making all around and my only assumption is sark felt like giving him the same chance that Texas is giving sark.  

Sark has to be more self aware than that.  let some other coach/school give Stoops another chance.  if Sark thinks he is good enough for Texas he can recommend him for another gig.  as can Saban.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sark has to be more self aware than that.  let some other coach/school give Stoops another chance.  if Sark thinks he is good enough for Texas he can recommend him for another gig.  as can Saban.

Yeah, Mike Stoops does not need to have any role on the Longhorn Football Staff... he can stay at Bama or work elsewhere !!!  

5 minutes ago, Prime said:

Fuck, that is some good shit right there. I shouldn't delight in other's misery, but I'm sure he deserved it, if anyone did. We probably should have taken the high road, but it feels good sometimes to waller in da mud.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Fuck, that is some good shit right there. I shouldn't delight in other's misery, but I'm sure he deserved it, if anyone did. We probably should have taken the high road, but it feels good sometimes to waller in da mud.

CHIEF

I’m sure he took it well and didn’t go apeshit on sark or some poor woman working the delta terminal in Tuscaloosa. 

Also I picture him wearing his Maga hat instead of a Longhorns hat, and spiking it in disgust. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Alabama certainly does, and, just as one example, Jay Norvell remains a respected and well-liked former employee at both OU and UT. The problem is that Mark Stoops is a shitty person.

Mark Stoops is at Kentucky. Mike Stoops was fired at Zona, then at OU, is now a reclamation project at Bama as an analyst. Mike Stoops’ foaming at the mouth in the Cotton Bowl is permanently engrained in my memory. Again, if he was a hot commodity, people wouldn’t give a shit.

Texas blacklist includes:

Bob Stoops
Mike Stoops
Bo Pelini
Joe Paterno
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nothing wrong with falling into better option as long as you make it count.  “Relax”- AR. 

10 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Mark Stoops is at Kentucky. Mike Stoops was fired at Zona, then at OU, is now a reclamation project at Bama as an analyst. Mike Stoops’ foaming at the mouth in the Cotton Bowl is permanently engrained in my memory. Again, if he was a hot commodity, people wouldn’t give a shit.

Texas blacklist includes:

Bob Stoops
Mike Stoops
Bo Pelini
Joe Paterno

you'd take switzer?

18 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Look I don’t like any Stoops but we have to take the high road.  This is on cdc and sark

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Going from the low of Stoops sneaking into UT this morning to Choate being the last piece of the staff has me a goodly number of bourbons in celebrating how the day changed.

This is a loaded staff. So nice to see a competent group of coaches in place ready to kick ass.

• Hook 'Em 5