Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Look I don’t like any Stoops but we have to take the high road.  This is on cdc and sark

It’s not really on any of the parties as historically speaking they are all outsiders.  They heard the blow back and fixed the glitch so to speak and ultimately we landed a better option.  Surly shouldn’t over analyze and just be grateful we came out on top.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Look I don’t like any Stoops but we have to take the high road.  This is on cdc and sark

I just assume, as outsiders, which really, they are. They just don't understand the animosity. Neither have come from a school with such a bitter rivalry as Texas and Oklahoma. It's like knowing nothing about Islam, and offering a Muslim a ham sandwich.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a hard time seeing Choate being the backup plan to Mike fucking Stoops.
Choate looks better than most of the names that were being floated and we know he works well with PK. 

Yeah I wonder if Choate originally said no or was waiting for the UW DC and then changed his mind.

Or Stoops made a couple of drunk jokes at Sark a couple of years ago and he’s been patiently waiting for this moment.

5 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

As much as I want the story about Stoops turning around at the airport to be true because fuck him, I think it's fishy.

It seems a little too perfect that Texas was just able to nail down a much better coach in less than 24 hours after the supposed Stoops thing. Most of the defensive staff was assembled before we hired K. I'd imagine he'd want a say in the last available spot and told Sark to go get Choate who worked for him in multiple spots.

I think Stoops is floating a bunch of bullshit to a media guy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Would be easy to verify that stoops did or didn’t say his goodbyes and tell saban he quit.   And if he did all that in furtherance of some scheme then he belongs in a nuthouse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I just assume, as outsiders, which really, they are. They just don't understand the animosity. Neither have come from a school with such a bitter rivalry as Texas and Oklahoma. It's like knowing nothing about Islam, and offering a Muslim a ham sandwich.

CHIEF

But we’d take bob as an ilb coach right?   Look like is hard to hire but ultimately ogre is still human

35 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Choate looks better than most of the names that were being floated and we know he works well with PK. 

Nm

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

8 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

As much as I want the story about Stoops turning around at the airport to be true because fuck him, I think it's fishy.

It seems a little too perfect that Texas was just able to nail down a much better coach in less than 24 hours after the supposed Stoops thing. Most of the defensive staff was assembled before we hired K. I'd imagine he'd want a say in the last available spot and told Sark to go get Choate who worked for him in multiple spots.

I think Mike was the first choice based on recruiting, name recognition, and D1 experience as a DC and HC. Choate was choice #2. If there wasn't a name at the top of the resume, most would probably pick Mike. But resumes don't tell you anything about being a dickheaded, cokeheaded, cocksucker with a vendetta against your future employer. Sometimes the mortals have to save Superman from the hidden kryptonite.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ahahahahaha

:cough:BULLSHIT:cough:

I never believed the BS Stoops story before, and this shit coming from Zenitz just reinforces that disbelief.  Dude's just trying to backtrack out of the shit he stepped in.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Jan 15th:  Recently opting out of The Big Sky spring football season by Montana State probably factored into Coach Choate's decision to come to TEXAS.  Montana State's last football game was in December 2019.

https://www.kpax.com/sports/montana-grizzlies-montana-state-bobcats-opt-out-of-big-sky-conference-spring-football-season

So I guess Stoops was that douche who goes around telling everyone he got the job after his interview and even told the local media due to his arrogance and ignorance guving him the impression the job was his?  Then Sark had to call him to tell him, we went another direction?

Maybe it's all made up in my head, but I chose to believe this and laugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Now that the staff is complete, let's get to the important questions: does@burt have any creeper shots of Mrs. Choate?

Also, Choate's son is a LB for MSU so pulling him away from coaching his son was pretty impressive - even with the money bump. Or maybe his son transfers here as a walkon?

20 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Interested to know about that. Has Bob fallen out of favor? Are Jordan and Jaxon not considered an asset? Are you a coach? I would like to know, really.

CHIEF

Bob retired.  Not a coach.  Just have observed Jordan’s social media accounts.  I assume Jaxon is similar.  They’re rednecks, and are proud of it, and that makes them not the right people to be in charge of our high school relations at this particular moment in time.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Bob retired.  Not a coach.  Just have observed Jordan’s social media accounts.  I assume Jaxon is similar.  They’re rednecks, and are proud of it, and that makes them not the right people to be in charge of our high school relations at this particular moment in time.

Gotcha. Would probably hit it off with some coaches, but not dashing young Urbanites.

CHIEF

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I found the Montana State board. They're not happy.

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=49453

At least he's going to a state that wants to play football. Isn't afraid of breathing air. Good move for him

This is just a totally baffling move to me. Seems he could have gotten a solid DC job somewhere without the co designation if that's all he wanted. Just why right now? Timing makes no sense...

He made mid-level corporate management money as the CEO of the Bobcat football program and had amazing success.

Now he gets to move into the big leagues and make nearly $1M a year in Austin.

Why did anyone think otherwise?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e471n0u330kmekf34to0

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ATLLonghorn said:

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Yeah I wonder if Choate originally said no or was waiting for the UW DC and then changed his mind.

Or Stoops made a couple of drunk jokes at Sark a couple of years ago and he’s been patiently waiting for this moment.

Or Sark was always going to bring in stoops since the list of coaches was first leaked, they waited for the last hire with stoops turning down other jobs but had to reneg once word leaked out and fans and bmd's put a kibosh on it leaving only 9 coaches to be announced today.

I'm guessing they then actually asked PK who he'd want and that led to Choate. 

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hill Country said:

It is fun following UT coach hiring process. 

I read Herman firing on January 2 and immediately found this board.  There were so many twists and turns.  From the initial firing coach Sark threads to the excitement of NCG.  Then trying to guess which assistant should get.  I would say coach Sark mostly outwitted you guys.  Except for Banks co with pole assassin and monkey Gia.  That is your wet dream comes true.  Until the half day before RGB3 checked TFB’s list of DC candidate, nobody is suspecting coach PK at all.  The best is last night.  95% of the people just want to storm Sark’s hotel room with pitch forks.  In 24 hours, this thing climaxed with the hiring of coach Choate.

Between following this thread and my high school winning state champion, I don’t get ANY work done in the past 20 days.  Heck, I don’t even touch my XBSX and play Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Now time to say goodbye.  Wish Longhorn in NCG soon under coach Sark.

Thanks, Al. How’s Peg and the kids?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hill Country said:

It is fun following UT coach hiring process. 

I read Herman firing on January 2 and immediately found this board.  There were so many twists and turns.  From the initial firing coach Sark threads to the excitement of NCG.  Then trying to guess which assistant should get.  I would say coach Sark mostly outwitted you guys.  Except for Banks co with pole assassin and monkey Gia.  That is your wet dream comes true.  Until the half day before RGB3 checked TFB’s list of DC candidate, nobody is suspecting coach PK at all.  The best is last night.  95% of the people just want to storm Sark’s hotel room with pitch forks.  In 24 hours, this thing climaxed with the hiring of coach Choate.

Between following this thread and my high school winning state champion, I don’t get ANY work done in the past 20 days.  Heck, I don’t even touch my XBSX and play Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Now time to say goodbye.  Wish Longhorn in NCG soon under coach Sark.

This post awesome

• Hook 'Em 3