Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Clearly never been to bozeman

No shit. Used to make an annual fly fishing trip up there. Place called Hubbards Yellowstone. Loved it, but wintering there would be out of the question. Beautiful is the Bozeman and surrounding area.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I haven’t.   Would not have guessed that was the case.

It's gotten crazy in the past few years. Probably isn't to Austin levels yet,  but nice houses that were maybe 350 to 400k 4 years ago are over a million now. Every other tag is from California or the west side of Washington.   I was there a couple months ago and it was somewhat shocking. The locals don't know what to do.

1 minute ago, pops said:

It's gotten crazy in the past few years. Probably isn't to Austin levels yet,  but nice houses that were maybe 350 to 400k 4 years ago are over a million now. Every other tag is from California or the west side of Washington.   I was there a couple months ago and it was somewhat shocking. The locals don't know what to do.

Not an uncommon problem. Congrats, you can sell your house and make a lot of money.  Now, where the fuck are you going to live?  Apparently the answer to that question for one resident is Austin.

Might as well jump in before closing time...I was holding out hope for a 10 coach rollout to prove last night was a masterful troll job, but alas, 9 names said it was real. Nevertheless, Sark and CDC did show themselves to be nothing if not teachable. Now we have what looks like a nice blend of talent, names, experience, and potential to really have a lot of fun around here for a change. Hook 'Em!!

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So the real question, of the guys brought in who do you think might  be the first to get offered a promotion elsewhere to move up? In truth Choade might be the best candidate for a G5 DC or potentially even a HC if we do well next year

Banks on offense. I see no one else rushing out the door. Coleman, Milwee and Flood could use time to cook under Sark before juicier offers come in and Drayton is happy here with his kids growing up. Banks... It is rare to see a ST/TE non-playcalling coordinator jump directly into a HC position but if we are successful I could see a non-P5 program like Houston or SMU going for Banks were they to become available. We just saw it with Marshal and the Bama RB coach. Sometimes a good recruiter with solid connections to build a staff is more important than having a guy who actually runs one side of the ball. 

On defense..   fucking hell. Everyone but PK could be out the door within the next few years. PK has shown zero aspirations for being a HC so I think he sticks but Choate could be out the door next winter. Maybe he waits for two full recruiting cycles to pad his resume and land a better gig (or perhaps skip the DC route and jump directly into a HC role again). Joseph is openly ambitious and salty as fuck he didn't get the ND gig so I expect the first decent full DC gig that comes calling will lure him away. Davis is an odd one.. not as familiar with his ambitions or potential lack thereof. I would think biggest risk with Davis is simply him deciding the NFL was more fun to coach in? Gideon isn't going anywhere any time soon unless he is a disaster coaching safeties and we 'help' him find another gig somewhere else. 

TLDR Banks on offense is only guy I see leaving within next few years unless Drayton just gets some silly offer. On defense... everyone but PK could leave as soon as next winter and it wouldn't surprise me. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 2

Here to the end.  When I saw Sark’s pedigree, especially the amount of time he spent under Pete Carroll and Nick Saban, I felt he was the right man for the job. The idea we might get UM just didn’t feel right.

The Muschamp back step was an unfortunate false start.

With age comes wisdom.

“The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.”

We got the right staff, and all the oars (BOR, President, AD, BMDs, SURLY!!!) are pulling in the right direction.

It’s time for Texas to take their position at the top of the college football world.

Hook ‘em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2