Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

Would Pruitt be a candidate for an analyst role if he’s to hot for an on-field coach?

You want to get a dumbass that's responsible for what sounds like is one of the biggest cheating scandals of the last decade involved with the behind the scenes machinations of the Texas football program? Strong move. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SimkinsMan said:

What a great day. Sark is going to wreck shit. You love to see all of these guys coming with him from Alabama not because they're from Alabama, but because they're choosing Sark over Saban. Clearly the guy made a positive impression on these coaches. So he's smart. He's not a fuckface like our last coach. And he knows the stage.

First time I've been excited about Texas football since the Georgia game. 

Not to be Devil's advocate but I don't think they're necessarily choosing Sark over Saban. I think they're choosing more money over Saban. Which is fine.

8 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

What's @immamac paying her to moderate?

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Some of her students post here on Surly. 6th Street, MarkStanco, and Bobby Batronic just to name a few. 

She's sadly aware of this site and my behavior on it. But, hey, her husband is impressed and becoming a Texas fan, so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

it IS NOT fajitas. fajitas is the diaphram muscle of the bovine. the name you want is chicken tacos al carbon. no shrimp fajitas either.

And next, I suppose you're going to tell us that there's no such thing as a vodka martini? Well, guess what? You're right on the fajitas, and you'd be right on the martini. James Bond (and a shitload of millennials) be damned, a martini  is GIN and fajitas are BEEF. Keep fighting the good fight. I be on your side.  

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

I enjoyed like 7 minutes of Texas football in January 2010.

I remember walking out of that stadium depressed about Colt getting hurt, and worrying about the 2010 offense.  Because outside of Shipley getting wide ass open, we had nothing once Colt was hurt.  And neither Colt nor Shipley were coming back.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Not to be Devil's advocate but I don't think they're necessarily choosing Sark over Saban. I think they're choosing more money over Saban. Which is fine.

Correct.  But it’s still nice to finally see the flag we wave around of richest in the NCAA being put to use.  CDC knows Sark is his legacy here.  If it crashes and burns, he’ll be out the door. 

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I did not marry a stripper and still have a kid that went to ATM. I'm trying to figure out which of us did it worse.

Not only that, the fucking guy wouldn't pass a compliance check at Texas any time in our lifetimes. Bo Davis struggled to get across the finish line. We probably don't even want to know what the fuck they're finding with Raymond. People here think Jeremy fucking Pruitt, being run out of Knoxville on a rail for what sounds like a steaming pile of violations, is going to waltz immediately onto the staff at Texas? Right. 

Pruitt is a true dumbass, btw. He was shown the way to cheat at Bama. So he goes to Tennessee and instead just starts slinging money in every direction without any discretion. I guess he saw Kirby Smart doing the same at Georgia with impunity, so he figured "why not?" Well, the why not is that if you don't win like Smart at UGA, you're setting yourself up for an easy fucking trapdoor at Tennessee, dipshit.

And if Tennessee fires him they won't go to bat for him with the NCAA. Dude will get a show cause and Tennessee will say they fired him as soon as they found out what was going on to try and keep any penalties on the program to a minimum. 

No chance he heads to Austin. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Correct.  But it’s still nice to finally see the flag we wave around of richest in the NCAA being put to use.  CDC knows Sark is his legacy here.  If it crashes and burns, he’ll be out the door. 

Agreed. I do think that CDC has gained some leeway with his other hires but football pays the bills and if this shit flops like Herman did his ass is grass regardless of how well the stick ball teams are doing.

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

I noticed that, especially if Golding and Scott are hired, Texas will have a staff with a lot of Louisiana ties. Louisiana's 2022 class is supposed to be loaded at the top, and it's a potential transition class for LSU

Terry Joseph

- Grew up in New Orleans

- Played college ball at Northwestern State 

- Coached high school ball for seven years in the New Orleans area

- One year as a grad assistant at LSU

- Three years coaching at Louisiana Tech

Bo Davis

- Played at LSU for four years

- Grad assistant at LSU for three years

- Assistant strength and conditioning coach at LSU for four years

Pete Golding

- Grew up in Hammond

- Coached at Southeastern for two years

Karl Scott

- Coached at Southeastern for three years

- Coached at Louisiana Tech for one year 

If in the unlikely event we land Raymond, this increases

Also, I have it on good authority that Sark's wife makes a mean Etouffe. 

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Agreed. I do think that CDC has gained some leeway with his other hires but football pays the bills and if this shit flops like Herman did his ass is grass regardless of how well the stick ball teams are doing.

If it doesn’t pan out, it won’t be because of effort I think. In any case, I don’t think it will be Hermanesque should it not work out. All in (again).

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

If I knew which page to look at to find out, I would, but I don't, so ... who is "Monkey"? Thanks in advance..

So Banks has a stripper girlfriend aptly named the pole assassin that has a pet monkey named Gia if I remember correctly... No we are not shitting you on this..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

If I knew which page to look at to find out, I would, but I don't, so ... who is "Monkey"? Thanks in advance..

Sigh. Here we go. Banks's gf, poleassassin_ (on IG) has a pet monkey (also on IG) who was a Bama fan but will now be a Texas fan. Football support staff is making him some tiny chaps and a miniature cowboy hat as we speak. Plan is to have him ride Bevo out of the tunnel at Sark's first game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So now the narrative has switched to CDC wasn't put in the corner and the head coach search and hire wasn't engineered by Eltife and Hartzell?  You wacky kids really need to get your story straight.

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

If it doesn’t pan out, it won’t be because of effort I think. In any case, I don’t think it will be Hermanesque should it not work out. All in (again).

I agree. If Sark turns out to be a bust I don't think it will be from a lack of effort. He seems motivated.

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

Sigh. Here we go. Banks's gf, poleassassin_ (on IG) has a pet monkey (also on IG) who was a Bama fan but will now be a Texas fan. Football support staff is making him some tiny chaps and a miniature cowboy hat as we speak. Plan is to have him ride Bevo out of the tunnel at Sark's first game. 

That reads like a Norman Rockwell painting. 

And next, I suppose you're going to tell us that there's no such thing as a vodka martini? Well, guess what? You're right on the fajitas, and you'd be right on the martini. James Bond (and a shitload of millennials) be damned, a martini  is GIN and fajitas are BEEF. Keep fighting the good fight. I be on your side.  
beef diaphram muscle. not ribeye not sirloin not filet not round steak. and you better cut em ACROSS THE GRAIN or they will be tough.

and NO grilled peppers or onions. that shit is filler the hilton threw in to cut the cost of meat.

proper fajitas id served with pico de gallo.

been doing fajitas since '74. picked it up from my meskin roomate. paid $0.59 a pound then now it is north of $9 a pound bastards.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

BEVO does not play well with others. Probably best to keep the stripper monkey far away from him.

7 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Guess "We aren't Texas" anymore and I for one am damn glad about it.  Lets get in the game and let the W's speak for us.  No more talking about being the best.  Just go do it. We dont have to carry a 2x4 around and pretend we are elite.  Wreck shop like Bama and the rest will take carry of itself.  The baseball team doesnt dogpile until Omaha .  The football team  should take note.  No more "We're Texas" and no more "Texas is back"  .

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

beef diaphram muscle. not ribeye not sirloin not filet not round steak. and you better cut em ACROSS THE GRAIN or they will be tough.

and NO grilled peppers or onions. that shit is filler the hilton threw in to cut the cost of meat.

proper fajitas id served with pico de gallo.

been doing fajitas since '74. picked it up from my meskin roomate. paid $0.59 a pound then now it is north of $9 a pound bastards.

Okay, fuck that. If I can't have my onions and peppers charred to a crisp then it's not even worth ordering fajitas. I'll just order goddamn tacos and pay just as much as the fajitas since every suburban white girl has an emotional attachment to tacos and driven the market through the fucking roof.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"Per the A&M boards, Banks sucks as a recruiter and is an ok special teams coach"

But they would still take him back in a heartbeat, right?

Jimbo and Saban both wanted to keep him, but now we suspect that it was due to the monkey assassin 

7 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Guess "We aren't Texas" anymore and I for one am damn glad about it.  Lets get in the game and let the W's speak for us.  No more talking about being the best.  Just go do it. We dont have to carry a 2x4 around and pretend we are elite.  Wreck shop like Bama and the rest will take carry of itself.  The baseball team doesnt dogpile until Omaha .  The football team  should take note.  No more "We're Texas" and no more "Texas is back"  .

HacksawJimDuggan.gif.ce0dcb8550a6bb3640380d5b16007527.gif

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
2 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:
I wish I could say they were homemade but time is critical this week and they were the frozen bagged chicken fajitas. Really, not too bad when you throw some spices in there. Low carb tortillas fucking suck and should be illegal but I'm giving this whole "diet" thing the old college try.

no such thing as chicken fajitas. ug nasty.

Yep, or even crazier, shrimp fajitas. I have no problem eating "chicken fajitas" but you're correct, no such thing.

On topic, I've looked all over the internet and I can't find what Pruitt did at Tennessee to get himself fired, other than sucking as a head coach.