Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
11 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:
I said this a while back, but Patricia has family here.  A good friend knows this family member.  They asked that person if Patricia was interested in the Texas job and they said “No.  He wants to stay in the NFL.”.

But does he like money?

....and does he like monKey?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I’m told that Michelle likes to overdo it and they are both kind of bad mix when alcohol is involved.  Supposedly he’s been sober since June.  It was definitely an issue with players parents and one reason why the recruiting fell off a cliff so quickly.  You just can’t sell “I’m going to teach your boy to be a man,” when you show up to a recruit’s house obviously drunk.  

He just meant he was going to try to fight them in the front yard. 

FCB 

Spoiler

— After talking to a few sources, I think it's fair to say Chris Ash, the defensive coordinator at Texas last season, has a place on Urban Meyer's staff in Jacksonville if Ash wants it. But Ash is waiting to see what's going on with Steve Sarkisian's decision on a defensive coordinator before committing to anything, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

As we reported in the Insider on Thursday, Sarkisian has been focused on Alabama defensive coordinator Pete Golding, 36, for the same position at Texas. But we also reported Golding has a $1.8 million buyout at Alabama and that things might be getting held up until Nick Saban can identify a suitable replacement for Golding.

We're hearing Saban would be interested in hiring Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, a graduate assistant at Alabama in 2015, to replace Golding, and that if Lanning left Georgia for Alabama, Will Muschamp would likely be the choice of Kirby Smart to be Georgia's defensive coordinator.

But the probability of that chain of events happening hasn't been totally clear. And if it breaks down and Golding ends up staying at Alabama, Ash would be a leading candidate to remain as Texas' defensive coordinator, sources told Horns247.

Another complicating factor for Ash is the $800,000 he's guaranteed by Texas for 2021. Ash isn't going to walk away from that money and take a job with Meyer in Jacksonville until Ash knows his fate at Texas, sources told Horns247.

Ash turned down the defensive coordinator job at Illinois offered to him by Bret Bielema, who had Ash as his defensive coordinator at Wisconsin and Arkansas, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

— Derek Chang, the director of player personnel at Texas the past four years, has been let go of his duties, and Fernando Lovo, Tom Herman's chief of staff at Texas the past four years, is expected to take a job with Urban Meyer and the Jacksonville Jaguars, sources told Horns247.

Chang has been in charge of organizing Texas' recruiting efforts - everything from helping get recruits in front of coaches for evaluation to on-campus recruiting events (such as UT's Heat Wave pool party).

Lovo helped oversee day-to-day operations of Herman's football support staff while also serving as a key liaison for the football program to athletic director Chris Del Conte. Lovo worked under Meyer at Ohio State before going with Herman to Houston and then to Texas.

TLDR literally nothing new

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

None of this is wrong but he also made one of the most pussy decisions in NFL history last weekend. It’s just one decision but it really hurt his team’s chances to win a playoff game and was pretty inexcusable. 

His coaching against GB was even worse the week before. Played pussy on two crucial drives. 

44 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

@derpyhorndog anything going from Detroit to Austin yesterday? 

Nope, not a single private flight from Detroit area to Austin area yesterday. Either it wasn't a direct flight, he flew commercial (wouldn't be surprised) or on a "super-blocked" jet like Sark did the other day, or the Twitter dude is spinning bullshit (also wouldn't be surprised). 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Rimbo said:

All I could think about when he said that was Greg Fucking Davis. Who threw lots of curl routes. Lots and lots and lots of curl routes. And had guys catching balls while frozen in place. And changed the offense each week. And otherwise had no idea how to use one play to set up another. Who threw sideline passes to guys who were covered by 2 DBs with no blocker.

What was the top 3 routes for Greg Davis? My guess is

Curl, WR Screen, and 5 yard out on 3rd and 7.

All of those with DJ Monroe on the sideline

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Nope, not a single private flight from Detroit area to Austin area yesterday. Either it wasn't a direct flight, he flew commercial (wouldn't be surprised) or on a "super-blocked" jet like Sark did the other day, or the Twitter dude is spinning bullshit (also wouldn't be surprised). 

Or they have family in Austin and came to visit them.

7 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

@RGBIII with the assist

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We're really running with this Patricia bullshit?

Surly’s run much further based on much less.

I would be out on the Sark era immediately if we hired Matt Patricia. That guy is a combination of Herman’s likeability with Shawn Watson’s ability as a coordinator. 

But just to add a little fuel to the fire, Bo Davis has been Patricia’s DL coach for the last few years. 

• Haha 1

We're really running with this Patricia bullshit?

The royal we?? The only people that keep repeating this Patricia shit are the same ones that kept asking if Strong was really a candidate for Sark’s staff and before that they were wanting Hartzell and CDC to kick the tires on Brian fucking Kelly. They should all be sterilized. Even Brian Kelly.
  • Hook 'Em 1

So i'm not an NFL guy so please inform the ignorant why he sucks as a DC.  Fast forward the part where he sucks as a head coach, that part i get.  Also no need to know about his dickishness, he is from the Belichek tree so....it is known. 

Get to the part where his five years coaching the LB's for the Pats and then 5 years as a DC, drafting our own Malcom Brown and then winning two Superbowls as a DC leads to the conclusion that he sucks. Tell me more.

....And so based upon that knowledge i should say fuck him, bring me Arnett with two years at SDSU and a year at mighty MSU.  Help me....

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

So i'm not an NFL guy so please inform the ignorant why he sucks as a DC.  Fast forward the part where he sucks as a head coach, that part i get.  Also no need to know about his dickishness, he is from the Belichek tree so....it is known. 

Get to the part where his five years coaching the LB's for the Pats and then 5 years as a DC, drafting our own Malcom Brown and then winning two Superbowls as a DC leads to the conclusion that he sucks. Tell me more.

....And so based upon that knowledge i should say fuck him, bring me Arnett with two years at SDSU and a year at mighty MSU.  Help me....

Well I hear Belichik is regarded when it comes to football decisions especially when it comes to coaching so those 5 years under him as DC are a very big red flag.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

We don't have to do that at all...because literally the only person saying this is a fucking Twitter random

Did you guys REALLY not learn your lesson after Rap Game Larry and the squid?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

He's the epitome of not adapting his scheme to personnel. Insisted on man coverage even though they sucked at it.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/17/lions-man-coverage-patriots-matt-patricia/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Does he, think he is a big time north east guy

He is and as a life long Pats fan I can tell you he sucks as a DC.  We fans were happy when he left for Detroit and the D got way better.  He had some great play calls here and there but in general was brutal and that was with Belichick helping with the D.  

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

He’s a fat fucking moron who has no business on a sideline...except if said sideline is in Norman...and he’s choking on a bag of dicks. 

He's also another one who tries to adopt the persona of Belicheck without the results. Similar to Herman being a dick but not delivering. Last thing Texas needs is someone who things they are too good for the role/player etc

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

It was almost certainly the incident described by CTJ and others on here, which consisted of him getting in a drunken fight with Michelle while on a booster's private plane. Michelle allegedly tried to open the airplane door while in the air. 

Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

He has never coached in college. 20 years in the NFL doesn't really prepare you for what you have to stop in CFB. Not to mention it seems like he's failed to adapt to the NFL moving to more college based schemes. There is no indication that he would be able to recruit worth a shit.  

5 years as the DC for the Pats doesn't mean a ton to me if it was under Belichick who has his hands all over everything their defense does. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Nobody has to be an NFL guy to consider the following fundamental principle: never assume that a coordinator of a very successful unit is great (OC or DC) if their Head Coach is known to be great at that same position. For Matt Patricia, his Head Coach is not only an excellent defensive mind, but he is known for directing practice to cover everything that he thinks is important. Here is a great example of of Belichick's influence on one of the most significant defensive plays in Super Bowl history (note that the defensive coordinator is not mentioned in this passage):

Don't give ground. If you see that formation, you have to be on it.

These are the words Belichick tells Butler during practice in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. If the Seahawks line up near the goal line with two wide receivers bunched together -- and according to Ernie Adams' research, they very well might -- it will be Brandon Browner's job to jam the holy hell out of the first receiver and the other corner's job to jump the second receiver's slant route. Who would the other corner be? Not even the Patriots are sure. Kyle Arrington, Patrick Chung and Butler split reps in practice, but when Butler tries to undercut the slant and is beaten for a touchdown in practice, Belichick gives him a short talk, planting the seed in his brain.

If you see that formation, you have to just jump it.

• Hook 'Em 2