Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I saw something in one of the threads that Tenn and Pruitt were negotiating a buyout and this could be done by the end of the weekend. Not sure how accurate that is, but most of their message boards expect him gone by Monday.

The problem isn't his availability, it's getting him through compliance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I saw something in one of the threads that Tenn and Pruitt were negotiating a buyout and this could be done by the end of the weekend. Not sure how accurate that is, but most of their message boards expect him gone by Monday.

Pruitt is a great DC but his possible compliance issues complicate the matter quite a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The problem isn't his availability, it's getting him through compliance.

We have a guy with show cause on staff already. I don't know that it will be as much of a deterrent as in the past.

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Can't they just keep that under wraps?

Lol wut. Who’s they and how do they just magically keep everything under wraps? 

Just now, Vertigo said:

We have a guy with show cause on staff already. 

He had a show cause. It’s no longer in force. That’s very different than hiring a DC who could get a show cause slapped on him while he’s at your school.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t give a fuck if he’s snuggling up each night in front of the tv with Mike Stoops and watching him breakdown film. Mike Stoops is a dog shit defensive coach who has been passed up by the game. He’s also a guy we got fired, mid season, from ou. He’s also a huge dick. He’s also a coke head. 

There isn’t a single redeeming thing about Mike Stoops as a coach. If Steve Sarkisian hires him against good counsel, I’ll assume he’s back on the sauce. He will have completely and immediately removed the benefit of the doubt. 

It would be a Shawn Watson hire, yep. Or even a Tim Beck hire.

FWIW, LuPoi would be closer to a Tim Beck hire than Shawn Watson. Terrible OC, but really great recruiter, so at least it wouldn’t be an absolute fucking zero like Watson (Jesus fucking Christ I can’t believe Strong not only hired him, but retained him after the Arkansas game). 

I refuse to even type the other name you assholes are discussing.

Jon Heacock is an outside the box name that consistently does more with less.  Beat OU and Texas this year.  

Iowa State has ranked second (20.9- 2017), first (22.9- 2018), third (25.9- 2019) and second (21.4- 2020) in the Big 12 in scoring defense in each of the last four seasons, all totals among the top-20 nationally.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Heacock is a badass but, no way he leaves Campbell.

Rumors of Campbell leaving leaves the question in Heacocks mind as to how long he has at ISU.  Its not certain he goes with Matt.  If he jumps now he has at least 4 years of stability with Sark before moves are made.  I doubt Matt stays at ISU that long.  Also he only makes 900k.

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

Hiring Little Stoops is a complete non fucking starter. He is a nepotistic twat waffle that has marginal talent and benefited by drafting in big brother's airstream. Much like Watson who cussed Colt out at the end of the Nebraska/UT Big 12 Champ game, Stoops is someone that let his disdain and hatred for Texas shine over the years. He can get rightly fucked & Sark needs to be checked in head for considering hiring someone like that here.

There are plenty of DCs out there UT could money whip like they just money whipped Banks before you have to get down to Stoops' level.

Unless Sark has looked at the roster and said "Year 1 will be shitty and I need a fall guy" and is playing the long game to hire a DC he could fire as an offering.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Unless Sark has looked at the roster and said "Year 1 will be shitty and I need a fall guy"

There is no fucking way that he thinks that. Maybe year 1 isn't "win the conference and make the CFP" type expectations but we should lose 3 games at most. That isn't worth dicking around on your DC hire over. 

(Not that I think you were being serious)

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

There is no fucking way that he thinks that. Maybe year 1 isn't "win the conference and make the CFP" type expectations but we should lose 3 games at most. That isn't worth dicking around on your DC hire over. 

(Not that I think you were being serious)

No, I think team is set for some good shit this year. I wish Ossai had stayed and run it back and I hope Juwan hits the portal and GTFO as I don't think any LB coaching will help that concrete shoed, brainded mofo

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

I dunno. I could think of a million or so reasons. 

The Matt Campbell mythologizing hilariously continues. We are money whipping guys off of Saban's NC staff at Bama. But yeah, no way we could pull someone from fucking Ames, Iowa (no offense, Cyclones).

the vampire diaries eye roll GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1