Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

9 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Unless Sark has looked at the roster and said "Year 1 will be shitty and I need a fall guy" and is playing the long game to hire a DC he could fire as an offering.

Yeah, no.  And if by remote chance he opted for that terrible option he would have kept Ash.  

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

No, I think team is set for some good shit this year. I wish Ossai had stayed and run it back and I hope Juwan hits the portal and GTFO as I don't think any LB coaching will help that concrete shoed, brainded mofo

F LBs we going 3-8 formation 

9 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Unless Sark has looked at the roster and said "Year 1 will be shitty and I need a fall guy" and is playing the long game to hire a DC he could fire as an offering.

I may be alone here but I think we have the talent.  Just need the right people in charge.  I think we finally have it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Seriously everyone involved would get drawn and quartered by the boosters if he hired Stoops for any kind of on-field role. It simply can't happen.

Or off the field. Don't know how anyone couldn't consider him a potential leak source to OU whether by deliberate act or simply due to being the oaf who can't keep his mouth shut. Hard to believe any of the Stoops talk has even a scintilla of substance behind it. But if it does this is the case where CDC or anyone in the hierarchy puts their hand on Sark's shoulders and says pointblank, "No to Stoops Sark. Not only no, but HELL NO!"

58 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

FWIW, LuPoi would be closer to a Tim Beck hire than Shawn Watson. Terrible OC, but really great recruiter, so at least it wouldn’t be an absolute fucking zero like Watson (Jesus fucking Christ I can’t believe Strong not only hired him, but retained him after the Arkansas game). 

I refuse to even type the other name you assholes are discussing.

‘Member that time Watson got mad when we won? I do

26 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Rumors of Campbell leaving leaves the question in Heacocks mind as to how long he has at ISU.  Its not certain he goes with Matt.  If he jumps now he has at least 4 years of stability with Sark before moves are made.  I doubt Matt stays at ISU that long.  Also he only makes 900k.

Dont people think Campbell has a real shot at UMich? Figure this is the swan song for Harbaugh so ISU guys may only have another year. 

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If Thompson is as good as he showed vs Colorado or Card takes a big step forward, there’s no doubt we should probably be in the title game.

There's no good reason Texas shouldn't be in the CCG every year. There is a massive talent/resource gap between Texas/OU and the rest of the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bullzak said:

Dont people think Campbell has a real shot at UMich? Figure this is the swan song for Harbaugh so ISU guys may only have another year. 

Not sure if serious.  They just extended Horribaughl

Edited by RollLeft

Almost certainly Auburn, with the supposition he was HCIW at Bama, but as he apparently said in a recent interview (I didn’t listen, just saw the quote), “Who wants to follow Nick Saban?”  When Saban does retire, and should Sarkisian do well here, they could make a run, but hopefully he’ll be happy with what he has here. 

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

Question for the knowledgeable Surlies:  if Tennessee negotiates a buyout of Pruitt, seemingly freeing him up to coach elsewhere, how long would the hiring institution need to wait before learning if the NCAA is going to slap a show cause on him?

We don't know whats in the box.  Why take the risk?  If its a head we are guilty by association.  

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

With a much lower buyout. It's a delaying tactic, not a commitment.

Put it this way.  Matt Campbell was available this year, his best year ever and still they opted for the guy who hasn't beat their rival in 7 years.  Why hitch your hopes to that guy.  

Edited by RollLeft

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Almost certainly Auburn, with the supposition he was HCIW at Bama, but as he apparently said in a recent interview (I didn’t listen, just saw the quote), “Who wants to follow Nick Saban?”  When Saban does retire, and should Sarkisian do well here, they could make a run, but hopefully he’ll be happy with what he has here. 

Didn't he tell a story about a conversation with his dad about how he thought Texas was the best job in CFB? I wonder what truth there is to that?

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone who can look as different from photo to photo as Pole Assassin. I was of the belief there had to be (at least) two different women using the nickname, but it seems it’s the same person. Crazy. 
There's lots of Pole Assassin's on IG, and even a mini Pole Assassin.

But you're not wrong on this one. Going through her various IG and Twitter accounts gives lots of different looks. Have you heard her talk yet?
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Modessit said:

There's lots of Pole Assassin's on IG, and even a mini Pole Assassin.

But you're not wrong on this one. Going through her various IG and Twitter accounts gives lots of different looks. Have you heard her talk yet?

Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

And to follow up, how long would our administration/coach wait to pull the trigger on another DC while the Pruitt saga unfolds and Gamecock and Muschamp negotiate his buyout?

CS, ‘member when we had real sources and fellow media contacts where we could figure out this shit? Now we’re relegated to asking random swinging dicks on a website for answers. 😂

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Question for the knowledgeable Surlies:  if Tennessee negotiates a buyout of Pruitt, seemingly freeing him up to coach elsewhere, how long would the hiring institution need to wait before learning if the NCAA is going to slap a show cause on him?

Depends on when the NCAA chooses to spin the Wheel of Punishment.

fantasy-football-wheel-of-defeat.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I think a ton would depend on what Tennessee self reports to the NCAA and if there is any danger in the NCAA opening it's own investigation, but it normally takes a year or more at least for all of that to happen. I have seen cases where it is 3 or 4 years later before show cause is handed down.  

29 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

There's no good reason Texas shouldn't be in the CCG every year. There is a massive talent/resource gap between Texas/OU and the rest of the conference.

yep.  we've been playing with the 4th place or worse Head Coach and an even worse staff for 10 years.  Additionally, we have yet to change the narrative on OL development.  I hope Sark and Flood can change that ASAP.

54 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Hiring Little Stoops is a complete non fucking starter. He is a nepotistic twat waffle that has marginal talent and benefited by drafting in big brother's airstream. Much like Watson who cussed Colt out at the end of the Nebraska/UT Big 12 Champ game, Stoops is someone that let his disdain and hatred for Texas shine over the years. He can get rightly fucked & Sark needs to be checked in head for considering hiring someone like that here.

There are plenty of DCs out there UT could money whip like they just money whipped Banks before you have to get down to Stoops' level.

What part of All Gas No Brakes are you not understanding?

38 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Could be years. It’ll be hanging over us the entire time Pruitt is here. Having said that, he is a damn good DC and recruiter, so UT will have to weigh those factors. I doubt compliance would sign off but who knows.